The online racing simulator
Anyone using Windows 7?
(64 posts, started )
I tried Win 7 RC today for the first time (after hearing so many people having good experiences with it).

I must say the installation and system setup were fast and easy.
The OS runs smooth and everything seemed to work from the start.
(I updated my GFX card drivers with the latest ones from Nvidia for Win 7)

LFS ran great (slightly more frames per second than on my XP) but the lack of working drivers for my Logitech MoMo wheel made me return to XP.

Not having Force Feedback and the usual feeling of a decent wheel sucks.

Since the RTM of Win 7 is out it shouldn't be long before we see real Win 7 drivers from Logitech ( i hope).

But the overall feeling of the OS is great. It may look like Vista but it's FAST.
Quote from Agressor : LFS ran great (slightly more frames per second than on my XP) but the lack of working drivers for my Logitech MoMo wheel made me return to XP.

Logitech doesn't have drivers for vista? No wayy! If there's no drivers for W7 always try vista's, they 99% should work
Quote from Agressor :I tried Win 7 RC today for the first time (after hearing so many people having good experiences with it).

I must say the installation and system setup were fast and easy.
The OS runs smooth and everything seemed to work from the start.
(I updated my GFX card drivers with the latest ones from Nvidia for Win 7)

LFS ran great (slightly more frames per second than on my XP) but the lack of working drivers for my Logitech MoMo wheel made me return to XP.

Not having Force Feedback and the usual feeling of a decent wheel sucks.

Since the RTM of Win 7 is out it shouldn't be long before we see real Win 7 drivers from Logitech ( i hope).

But the overall feeling of the OS is great. It may look like Vista but it's FAST.

Did you visit www.wingmanteam.com and install the logitech gaming software?
that should be all you need, you should install this before plugging in your wheel it supports both the red and black Momo wheels and W7 uses the vista driver just fine.

@ Logitekg25, all versions of vista, above home-basic that are purchased with a new PC will be eligable for a free upgrade to W7 in october I would look around at other PC makers other than Dell, there are some great bargains to be had

SD.
Well i am running a mixture of XP and vista drivers on a few bits that w7 didn't have drivers for such as my soundcard, plus the windows standard driver for the GFX card was rubbish, and everything is working on here now.

There was a couple of things that were a bit stubborn to get installed but i just ran them in XP compatibiity mode and now everything is installed and running fine.
Im on windows 7 either, have you tried to update your motherboard drivers?

EDIT : Im on build 7600
#57 - arco
There's version 5.04 (newer than those from wingmanteam) on the Logitech website. They work perfect in 7.
-
(Deutschland2007) DELETED by Deutschland2007
Maybe someone can answer me a question? I have massive problems with the new 190.38 drivers for the nVidia GeForce 200 series. They made my games crash after 30 mins everytime I played them. Can someone who doesn´t have the latest drivers, tell me which ones you´re using if you don´t have any problems?
Quote from SparkyDave :Did you visit www.wingmanteam.com and install the logitech gaming software?
that should be all you need, you should install this before plugging in your wheel it supports both the red and black Momo wheels and W7 uses the vista driver just fine.

@ Logitekg25, all versions of vista, above home-basic that are purchased with a new PC will be eligable for a free upgrade to W7 in october I would look around at other PC makers other than Dell, there are some great bargains to be had

SD.

what other good computer companies are there?
Got it on my laptop. Build 7600. Works great. Should it work on my moms 998MHz 512MB RAM P.O.S. DELL? It has XP, and she likes w7, but I doubt if it's faster/the same, because that thing already IS slow by itself.
A new W7 install should definitely run faster than an old XP install
i have been wanting a good computer for atleast 3 months, and my parnets refuse to make it happen for me (by even trying to help me sell my wii :gnasher so the second i sell it i am ordering a new computer. what company should i look into dell? gateway?
Quote from logitekg25 :i have been wanting a good computer for atleast 3 months, and my parnets refuse to make it happen for me (by even trying to help me sell my wii :gnasher so the second i sell it i am ordering a new computer. what company should i look into dell? gateway?

Asus.
whats that? is it available in the us?

Anyone using Windows 7?
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG