The online racing simulator
Anyone using Windows 7?
(64 posts, started )
Anyone using Windows 7?
Im trying to use LFS in a W7 environment and frustratingly the ONLY problem I have thats annoying is I keep loosing connection to the server.

I have tried fixed and dynamic IPs to the router.
Turned W7 firewalls off.
Drivers are up to date.

Anyone else have this issue?

Cheers
I have different problem, also on win7. I can't maximize LFS and i can't even change its windows size . Shift+4 isnt woking either, LFS just crashes. Anyone got this problem?
Sorry for using your thread.
No thats fine

Im using build 7068, you?
Hi !
Hi !
I am using build 7000 and my prob is, when i play z10 testpatch version of lfs, it crashed while playing ...

but with the normal z version i have no probs.
I only have the feeling, that when connecting to a server, the skins are getting downloaded slower.

ng , MI6hTy M.
#5 - arco
Has worked perfect here on every W7 build I've tried.
There's a windows 7 thread, most people find it improves their performance of LFS.
No improvement for me over Vista, no problems with it either, or my connections to servers. If anything, they've improved. I haven't timed out once since moving to 7, compared to once every 30 mins with Vista
no problems on windows 7 here,

Only I cant get AnalyzeForSpeed working

I dont know or it is a windows 7 problem, anybody els got problems with this???
Sorry for the big bump people, but i can't seem to even download it, as the microsoft page never loads, i have tried reloading the page, running it in IE, and leaving it for like half an hour, and still nothing! :X

EDIT: don't worry, i have just seen the file size, downloading something over 2 gig on this connection, never in a million years!
Attached images
w7.JPG
Concord, how are you connecting to the internet? ADSL through a router?
Who is your ISP and what sort of connection speed do you get?
any wireless HW involved?
Does this happen at all hours of the day?
Anyone else on your network?
Any P2P programs or the like running?

I only ask as your problem might not be OS related.

SD.

W7 build 7100, no problems here.
Mine is slowly dying. I installed it about a month or so ago, and have only spend few hours with it. Last time I booted to Win 7, start menu died. It would pop up, but wasn't functional.

I won't be touching Win 7 again until there is a service pack release.
Anyone have a copy of the RC on DVD they fancy sending me as i will never be able to download an ISO that big. I'll pay for the cost of the disk and the postage obviously.
I do. 32 bit and 64 bit.
I think the 32 bit would be better for me, PM me with the cost and an email addy and i'll paypal you tomorrow (payday!) and give you my address if thats ok.
It works!!

I have now got windows 7 Build 7100, many thanks to tristan for the disk by the way.

Its quite amazing really, as my pc actually seems margionally faster than it was with xp, and i only have a little p4 cpu and 1gb ram!

LFS works without any problems apart from running horribly slow, but thats down to me running the windows version of driver for the gfx card as i cant decide weather to use the ati or sapphire drivers.

The only problem i have with the OS is that it will not shut down, it just hangs on the shutting down screen for hours on end, and my turning it off at the wall last night didn't help as it then wouldn't boot apart from in safe mode so i have just reinstalled 7 again but from safe mode (it wouldnt read the dvd from startup, something about an error 4), but it's back in windows now.

After some googling i have found a possible fix for the shut down hang, which i have done and i am about to try and shut it down now, so if im not back online on here until very late then i am reinstalling 7 again.
I had it for 2 months now and haven´t had a single problem with it. I´m surely gonna buy it when it comes out.
Me too, especially now the shutdown fix worked, the funniset part being that i am running it on a totally shit computer from 2002 and it runs better than it ever has before, although it takes maybe 30 seconds longer to come into windows, it is actually quicker then xp, and best of all, it still pwns mum and dads 18 month old compaq pc with vista, which i wasnt expecting.
D'oh! i can find no driver in the world for my GFX card that will work, other than the shite microsoft one that it auto installed when i first started, countless xp and vista32 AGP patched drivers either won't run at all, tell m e i have the wrong OS, or give an error that i haven't got any hardware matching the driver installed, that includes the driver from a section of tomshardware that is dedicated to win7 drivers, but i have an AGP flavour card so it won't bloody work!

I am now downloading the omega drivers and praying that they work, as the ms wdm drivers are total pants TBH, 30 fps on my own in an XFG at blackwood with no aa/af, i could just hit 100 before.

But i am confident, i'll WILL sort it!
#20 - arco
Try installing the drivers in compatability mode, it might help. What GFX card is it btw?
Its is the radeon hd2600 pro, but the AGP version, which i think is the problem. Compatibilty mode didn't help either, still no go.

After a lot of pissing about the omega drivers do finally work and give me about 90fps in LFS, BUT, i lose the aero bit of win7, and to be honest it looks without it, so i am just gonna leave it looking shiny but with worse FPS until i build a new PC.

I have attached how i have got it looking like now, this is TOO cool!!!
Attached images
windows 7.jpg
Quote from danthebangerboy :I have attached how i have got it looking like now, this is TOO cool!!!

I thought 7 was the best looking thing possible (other than Ubuntu of course ), the shininess sort of faded after a few months of use...The major problem I have with it, is that working with older Windoze now feels like a pain. Everything is so quick in 7, like dragging windows around to maximise, minimise, etc. Makes XP feel like a dog when I have to work in it
Quote from danthebangerboy :Its is the radeon hd2600 pro, but the AGP version, which i think is the problem. Compatibilty mode didn't help either, still no go.

After a lot of pissing about the omega drivers do finally work and give me about 90fps in LFS, BUT, i lose the aero bit of win7, and to be honest it looks without it, so i am just gonna leave it looking shiny but with worse FPS until i build a new PC.

I have attached how i have got it looking like now, this is TOO cool!!!

EDIT:

You need the Hotfix version of Catalyst for AGP cards now... Hotfix Catalyst drivers will be on the ati website... You need version 9.7 for Win7 support i think... Catalyst 9.7 was only released last week and the hotfix version is just out...

For some reason the drivers dont come up in any search....

Links and info... http://forums.amd.com/game/mes ... =116469&enterthread=y
7068 64build here
phenom II x3 3.3GHz, 4GB, 4850.

as soon as i can, i am going back to xp

this shit sucks balls
Get the latest build, dude. Mine is flawless. Fast too!

Anyone using Windows 7?
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG