The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
saw a 1.32.9 last night by a guy with a rookie road licence !!!!!!

watch out for him in the future

patrick rog
forgot to say, love the ticker tape showing results on the home page, very slick
Being able to customize the home page to how you want it is probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen.
Well, after listening to my team mate rave on about Road America today since he bought it this morning, I had to use up some of my iRacing vouchers and buy the track.

My god, I thought Sebring was fantastic to drive until I got on track in the Mazda......... simply brilliant. Thankfully I remembered the track from Forza2 days and its even better here!

Anyone else tried that combo? It's quite a beast in the Lotus too...
Quote from StableX :Well, after listening to my team mate rave on about Road America today since he bought it this morning, I had to use up some of my iRacing vouchers and buy the track.

My god, I thought Sebring was fantastic to drive until I got on track in the Mazda......... simply brilliant. Thankfully I remembered the track from Forza2 days and its even better here!

Anyone else tried that combo? It's quite a beast in the Lotus too...

Sebring with the Radical and DP is also great fun. Also, I have a feeling the Lotus is going to be good on almost any track.

Oh, except DP at Summit Point for the Pro Series, what a great combo.....
yeah loved the mazda at road america, have you tried it at road atlanta yet?
Quote from StableX :
Anyone else tried that combo?

Ohh yes..Last year in season 2 I drove many races there..it`s a great track..especially in the Mazda..

On lap 1 in T1 1/3 of the field went off there...and then a lot in T2... Was easy to get a good result there...start last or almost last...keep out of danger and let the others do the bad stuff...and you are up there in the end..
Ok things has changed i guess...but cya there from time to time in the new season..
Quote from tinvek :saw a 1.32.9 last night by a guy with a rookie road licence !!!!!!

watch out for him in the future

patrick rog

saw him again on tickertape results for a silverstone practice, was over a second faster than anyone else including some of the usual race winners . thank god he can't get to a C 4.0 SR for another 3 months
Quote from richard dk :Ohh yes..Last year in season 2 I drove many races there..it`s a great track..especially in the Mazda..

On lap 1 in T1 1/3 of the field went off there...and then a lot in T2... Was easy to get a good result there...start last or almost last...keep out of danger and let the others do the bad stuff...and you are up there in the end..
Ok things has changed i guess...but cya there from time to time in the new season..

too right mate. A couple of us RSR are going for the Mazda season It starts with Road America so I hope the T1 and T2 blunders work for me
Jezus Christ

The current Legends Cup combo is awful, I love the track+car but the people... did 1 single clean race out of all i did. All the other I got wrecked by flying Legends....
Dayum! The Lotus at Silverstone historic is awesome!
someone gimme money, i want F1.... or preorder the Jetta :P
-
(RMachucaA) DELETED by RMachucaA
WOOOO
just got +0.56 on ovals.
Do I have to wait for promotion now or??
DAMN that Lotus is nice!

If I got iRacing, how long would it be before I could drive it? I assume it's kinda up there.
you have to be C 4.0 to race it. but you can practice alone with it anytime you want. It takes 2 and a half seasons to get to C class, i think. each season is 13 weeks.
Quote from DaveWS :Dayum! The Lotus at Silverstone historic is awesome!

im glad to hear it & have been watching some of the nice vids.
i was thinking of purchasing, but just to get a feel for the lotus 79 would cost me almost as much as my S2 licence.
Tweaked my setup quite a bit for Silverstone, such a blast. T1 flat is awesome. My best so far is 1:28.7, but a mid 27 is possible with more laps / tweaking.

Edit: Now 1:28.1, optimal is 1:27.6
Attached files
DW_Lotus_Silv.zip - 1.7 KB - 168 views
Shoutout to my boy Phil Diaz for getting the 250th and final spot in the Road Pro Series.
-
(RMachucaA) DELETED by RMachucaA
Quote from DaveWS :Tweaked my setup quite a bit for Silverstone, such a blast. T1 flat is awesome. My best so far is 1:28.7, but a mid 27 is possible with more laps / tweaking.

Edit: Now 1:28.1, optimal is 1:27.6

i have two n00b questions!!

1 - this is a setup attached, right?!
2 - if so, where can i save it? don't know the way! [im quite new at iracing ]
if you have vista, it goes in documents\iracing\setups\lotus79
Quote from buck77 :i have two n00b questions!!

1 - this is a setup attached, right?!
2 - if so, where can i save it? don't know the way! [im quite new at iracing ]

what I do when I get a new car is go in to a practise or test on track and save any setup...... that will then make a folder for that car.

then as said above go to your :

my documents/iracing/setups and you'll find your cars in there

add any setup extra to that car folder .
That set is pretty sweet dave. it's a lot faster through the corners, but soooo sensative. I'm barely moving my steering wheel. I just went from 18th place to 5th in lotus 79 race at silverstone cus everyone drove like tards.

I'm trying to learn how to make my own setups atm. Anyone got a setup for the advanced solstice, or any other car around atlanta short, and also what kind of lap times should the car be able to do? I've gotten into the mid 1'13's with the stock solstice around Atlanta short.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Shoutout to my boy Phil Diaz for getting the 250th and final spot in the Road Pro Series.

Really? I didn't realize I was that close.

I guess that when you only do like 4 sessions in a season your stats can fall quite a bit.
Quote from StableX :what I do when I get a new car is go in to a practise or test on track and save any setup...... that will then make a folder for that car.

then as said above go to your :

my documents/iracing/setups and you'll find your cars in there

add any setup extra to that car folder .

thank you very much!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG