The online racing simulator
-
(jasonmatthews) DELETED by jasonmatthews
Hey guys, first post since the event.

Thanks Jason for organizing this so flawlessly. The accommodation and karting were both ace, even though I'm not entirely happy with my karting performance, obviously. But that doesn't really matter because it was so nice to meet all the friendly faces of LFS. We're a great bunch, I really must say!

Anyway, I've been following the discussion on how and where to organize the next meet. For what it's worth, I'm definitely up for Scotland! I've only seen a little bit of Glasgow central before so I'd love to spend a day or two in that part of the UK.

And oh, I've uploaded the webcam stream from the Saturday to Franky's FTP if anyone would like to have a look. I'm afraid it's only roughly an hour but I had to take the stream down because apparently it caused the IGTC stream that some were watching to buffer a tad too much.
Quote from troy :Loved it, you certainly seemed to have a great time there, maybe I'll have to get out of Switzerland and annoy you guys next year too (need to steal some green CR shirt before).

ye, brilliant video

Will have to start planning early next year, to get the money together for some epic CR domination, mind you
Quote from Nick A :Great work! Thankfully you didn't realise it was me in the no. 9 kart who wedged it into the tyres at the hairpin!

What happened with the winning team on the podium? Were we so ugly we needed to be faded out? :Eyecrazy:

No, the DVD ran out of disc space at the exact moment you guys came on the scene. I was quite annoyed. Thanks to Jason Lovett for being sparing with the filming of the podium so we were actually able to see the winners, even if only for a split second!
I am yet to see any video footage of the epic pileup that becky got tangled up in.

It scared the crap out of me at the time as in most of the kinds of racing i am used to, if you wave both of your arms like becky did when it happened, that means that you are either trapped in your car or are hurt in such a way that you cant move and need an ambulance, my god i was relieved when she vacated that kart.

I think watching it back would be kind of cool now i know she is OK.
It's probably a good thing the podium got cut short, "Team Bristol" (#9) completely covered us with the champagne. Then again, I guess it's the first time they've ever won anything!
Thanks for a brilliant time everyone! I got back on Sunday night from my RC racing but I was just so tired from the whole weekend, I've barely looked at a PC till now.

A massive thankyou and well done to Jason who put us all up for the weekend, brilliant hospitality mate! A better weekend I couldn't imagine.

Those of you who heard me moan about my ribs after the karting will be pleased to know they're STILL hurting, I tried far too hard on the track, and the bruises are my trophies of this event.

I've uploaded all my pics on the Flickr site, added to that, Jason also has them I believe.

Can't wait for next year's meet! I'll definitely be there!
#638 - Dru
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Thanks for a brilliant time everyone! I got back on Sunday night from my RC racing but I was just so tired from the whole weekend, I've barely looked at a PC till now.

How did the RC racing go BTW - did you get a downpour?
Quote from count.bazley :It's probably a good thing the podium got cut short, "Team Bristol" (#9) completely covered us with the champagne. Then again, I guess it's the first time they've ever won anything!

The cheek
Quote from count.bazley :It's probably a good thing the podium got cut short, "Team Bristol" (#9) completely covered us with the champagne. Then again, I guess it's the first time they've ever won anything!

OI...Bazley.....NO.......

In all honesty though that's the first karting prize I have won.

Nick is used to winning though.
Quote from Dru :How did the RC racing go BTW - did you get a downpour?

Well we had 4 rounds of qualifying in wet conditions which were still driveable but then yeah, we had an almighty downpur and had to abandon the meeting. It was like damp to massive puddles in about 5 minutes. Rain bouncing off ground sort of thing.
Quote from nigelpm :OI...Bazley.....NO.......

In all honesty though that's the first karting prize I have won.

Nick is used to winning though.

Hehe, in all serious though you guys we pretty much untouchable in the endurance race. It really was great to finally meet you and Nick after 2 years as well.
I have just realised something, i have always read the name as count.blazey until i saw the OI...Bazley.....NO....... post.

Whoops!
Quote from franky500 :and we all crawled away from wales with sunburn.

People say to me "where did u go at the weekend" .. i say wales... they say "ha... Pull the other one"

It's true. My face is still peeling. I feel like the ugly kid at school we used to pick on.
Ok, I've found 'the crash' on Brood's videos. It's at approximately 30:30 on this video: http://500servers.com/kartmeet/Video/VID0002.AVI

Edit: I think you're right Becky, it sounds like you got hit again after the camera passes your kart, you can hear a nice big crunch!
Quote from count.bazley :Ok, I've found 'the crash' on Brood's videos. It's at approximately 30:30 on this video: http://500servers.com/kartmeet/Video/VID0002.AVI

Edit: I think you're right Becky, it sounds like you got hit again after the camera passes your kart, you can hear a nice big crunch!

Yeah Becky had just past me and was closing on Passo up to that turn. But it was so close that once one person had stopped we all slammed into each other.
Someone left a jacket!!
Hiya all, someone left a grey jacket at the kart centre. I have picked it up and it is now at my house, so if you recognise it let me know and I will send it to you
Attached images
DSCF1627.JPG
Did you see some boobies?

(Bob) : Holy shit, BOOBIES!!
Quote from jasonmatthews :Hiya all, someone left a grey jacket at the kart centre. I have picked it up and it is now at my house, so if you recognise it let me know and I will send it to you

These were Jason Lovett's and his Dad's tops

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG