The online racing simulator
Quote from AstroBoy :Question about the Renualt incident whats the deal?
They were released by the crew premature but surely its not the drivers fault.
What if the wheel hadnt of come off would they still have imposed the ban?
And lastly ive never heard of this rule tbh when did it come about?

They think that the loose wheel was a danger to the rest of the field, and since they claimed Renault knew it was loose before it exited the pits they breached a rule.

But really its just an over reaction of the Massa and Henry Surtees acidents.
Poor Massa, i think he starts in Euro GP, but he dont starts to end of seasson.
:ices_rofl

So, who will drive for Renault now?
Quote from DevilDare ::ices_rofl

So, who will drive for Renault now?

I'd say Grosjean, even if he's not doing so good in GP2 since 2-3 rounds.

Di Grassi stays the second option IMO, as Brazil is an important market place for Renault. Plus the fact that he has a consequent knowledge of F1, as he had done a decent amount of tests last year.
Quote from spyxter :Why not replace that brat with Bourdais? He's French and Renault is French. Wouldn't it be a great combo?

can't see it happening which is a pity in one way as it would be good to see if it was just the driver or a driver and car / team thing with torro rosso
Quote from tinvek :can't see it happening which is a pity in one way as it would be good to see if it was just the driver or a driver and car / team thing with torro rosso

Well in certain ways it's probably was his relationship with Toro Rosso. Not knowing if you're going to be driving for the team at the next race or not certainly wouldn't have been an easy thing to cope with.

As for Piquet it's a shame really, Briatore should be there giving him support not leaving with 10 laps to go at the end of the race just because your No. 1 man is out of the race.
Quote from spyxter :Why not replace that brat with Bourdais? He's French and Renault is French. Wouldn't it be a great combo?

Romain Grosjean is also French.
If Renault really doesn't start next race I think many of the Spanish fans will stay at home.. or at least there will be a big drop in ticket sales..

Anyway.. Bourdais is out for good I think.. Massa needs a replacement.. and Nelson will be kicked out soon I guess.. so Renault has to find a replacement as well..

For Ferrari I think Schumacher is a option worth thinking about. But If I were him I wouldn't do it, he stopped at a right moment, he was at the top and when you're at the top, there's only one way to go.. and that's down.. He'ed beter keep the honour to himself rather than risking a comeback and perhaps fail miserably.

It's a really strange season..
Quote from Sponge :For Ferrari I think Schumacher is a option worth thinking about. But If I were him I wouldn't do it, he stopped at a right moment, he was at the top and when you're at the top, there's only one way to go..

He wasn't at the top though was he Scores to settle!

However it does seem somewhat perverse to be 'excited' about this as the reason we are in this situation is because Massa was nearly killed! very odd!
schumi isn't coming back. he said so himself in the bbc f1 forum after silverstone or whenever it was that he was on there.
People can always change their minds.
It's all going downhill
from october 8th 2008

Quote from tinvek :
one of the problems currently is that the engine manufacturers have gone from being suppliers of major components that teams could choose between to being the most important group with controlling interests in teams. when they first began investing heavily it was pointed out by a few respected jounalists that it might not be ideal for f1 to find itself in a position where it was "scared" to introduce changes that were unpopular with the manufacturers currently involved incase they decided to either leave or start their own rival series, something which they have since threatened till they won concessions. the balancing act comes in recognising this but also the risk that eventually f1 may go the way of the dtm, ie. become so expensive that only a couple of manufacturers remain as others find that investing £ x 00 million a year to be beaten by rivals is not good for car sales, at what point does the average car buyer start to noticed and be affected by the fact that the car in front is one of 6 in front of a toyota ? that honda engine expertese is slower than toyota's and renault's ? and that mercedes powered cars are obviously better driving machines than BMWs ultimate driving machines? BMW has an understandable history of pulling out when they are consistently not winning and feel that they can achieve better results elsewhere, so do mercedes and toyota, renault and honda have both walked away from f1 in the past whilst being at the top.

BMW recently announce a 44 % fall in pretax profits for april to june 2008, in 2007 pretax profits fell by 6% despite an increase in sales of 9%, to a figure of 3.1 billion euros. if the 2008 quater figure is reflected over a year that will become 1.7 billion euros or approx 2.3 billion dollars. a f1 budget of 366 million dollars reflects about a 15 % increase in profits if it is cut out.toyota's profits are about 4 times as large but have fallen 28% in the same quarter. honda onthe other hand after failing to meet profit targets in recent times finds its profits are up, an achievement it feels is due to its small economic car range and also a favourable exchange rate with the us market which comprises half its non motor cycle sales. renault's profits have also risen but having anounced 5000 redundencies and possibly more to follow may face increased preasure in france about expenditure. mercedes have had their profits fall but still expect to make 11 billion dollars and ferrari's have risen to 59 million euro's in the first quarter this year. if these trends continue then you may find that companies such as bmw have to reconsider their position, that honda may still be affected due to their reliance on the us market and that renault may come under increasing domestic preasure. ferrari need to be in f1, it's their original reason for existing and it would be almost unthinkable for them to pull out, mercedes and toyota have such large profits that they probably can ignore any savings a reduction in commitment would bring them. torro rosso are already looking for a buyer for the end of the 2009 season due to rule changes and they will require a major investment to comence making their own cars again.

obviously team budgets are to a large extent paid for by sponsors but it should be remembered that in the economic down turn of the early 1990s fi team numbers fell from 18 in 1991 to 10 in 1996.

i honestly take no pleasure at all in whats happened or possibly happening matching this
Quote from aroX123 :Still going http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/7/9695.html

oh i so hope so. also i hope they've learnt their lesson. last season their driver was in the running for the title after canada and they halted their development because they had achieved their 08 target of a win and it was planned to challenge for the title in 09. time and time again it's been proven in motorsport that if you have a chance of challenging for a title you have to take that chance rather than wait for a better one
I thought their announcement might have something to do with FOTA and the breakaway series. But agree with Tinveks original post about them wanting to pull out when they aren't winning, and that article on the f1 website proves what Tinvek originally said is true.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG