The online racing simulator
MotoGP
(298 posts, started )
Quote from BreadC :thats BS and u kno it.....

coming out of last corner lorenzo took a uber tight exit to try and get rossi on acceleration to the line. front wheel was up and everything

he knew it was last lap

Yeh but they all do that out of the last turn, he was probably going for a run into turn one. I did think it was strange that he didn't try and stuff it on the inside into the last turn. Great win for Rossi though, and another fantastic race at that circuit.
Is it just me or is Rossi vs Lorenzo starting to remind anyone else of all the Doohan vs Criville tactical battles?
Quote from mythdat :Is it just me or is Rossi vs Lorenzo starting to remind anyone else of all the Doohan vs Criville tactical battles?

No because Crivilles tactic was to sit behind Doohan all race, never attempt a pass at all, then mug him on the final turn.

Lorenzo has the pace to race with Rossi.
One thing is sure... Yamaha dominate this season
quote of the german commentator Alex Hofmann after Tony Ellias and Jorge Lorenzo's accidents (translated): "The Brits are not only fighting the swine flu but also the swine weather."
Quote from the British commentators..."Nobody has told De Puniet that it's raining".
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Quote from the British commentators..."Nobody has told De Puniet that it's raining".

i was shouting at the tv when they were closing dovi by 3 sec a lap!!

i was like depuniet is gonna win it or bin it. but he matured stayed on n got podium. big up the playboy
That man is a nutcase, he had some very big moments and still kept pushing and pushing. Great race, but the riders seem to be making complaints about the quality of the track.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :That man is a nutcase, he had some very big moments and still kept pushing and pushing. Great race, but the riders seem to be making complaints about the quality of the track.

well its the last one
Quote from BreadC :well its the last one

That was their point, they said it was like they didn't bother with it, the track wasn't even cleaned properly. That's very disrespectful and unprofessional in my opinion, the last MotoGP race should be a big event and a celebration, the standard should have been higher not lower.
Well Donington seem to be in pretty dire straits at the moment, perhaps they can't afford to.
Quote from 5haz :Well Donington seem to be in pretty dire straits at the moment, perhaps they can't afford to.

I think it's very possibly they are; paying for upgrades to the track for the 2010 British GP, as well as paying off some well know debts to Tom Wheatcroft for the lease of Donington Park.

Alll in all it wasn't that bad of a race, would love to have seen some more racing between the championship rivals
ah, ye true i wanted to see another classic lorenzo rossi fight. but that race was good enough that i watched it on bbc then on eurosport again straight after!
Lorenzo has already given up on the championship, he said their aim is 2nd or 3rd place now. It wouldn't surpise me if Rossi retired at the end of this season, bow out on a massive high, but I expect he will keep riding until he is physically unable to get onto a motorbike.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Lorenzo has already given up on the championship, he said their aim is 2nd or 3rd place now. It wouldn't surpise me if Rossi retired at the end of this season, bow out on a massive high, but I expect he will keep riding until he is physically unable to get onto a motorbike.

i think rossi will either quit when soemone whoops him good n proper (prob when hes like 35-36

or if he gets a deal in f1.
Not F1, he has already ruled that out saying if he wanted to do it he would have done when he had the chance. I think he will get into rally a lot more, I'm sure Fiat would build a car just for him to drive.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Not F1, he has already ruled that out saying if he wanted to do it he would have done when he had the chance. I think he will get into rally a lot more, I'm sure Fiat would build a car just for him to drive.

Didn't they already supply Raikkonen with a car to compete in one of his rallies?
Quote from wild :Didn't they already supply Raikkonen with a car to compete in one of his rallies?

nope the car was kimis.
afaik Rossi has signed for next season anyway. Where did lorenzo say he was going to give up on the chmpionship? I wouldn't of thought he would do that.
Last I checked Rossi is racing till the end of the 2010 season.

And Donnington... wow! As the BBC commentator rightfully said "Breaking news, Rossi is human, or slightly." Even Rossi couldn't withstand the inevitable crash. But 5th place after crashing is an amazing result, shame about Lorenzo though. I'm a huge Rossi fan but I was hoping to see Lorenzo put up a fight like at Catalunya or like Sachsenring at the very least.
Quote from BenjiMC :afaik Rossi has signed for next season anyway. Where did lorenzo say he was going to give up on the chmpionship? I wouldn't of thought he would do that.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77362

"But I keep thinking that my goal is not to win the championship. If we are second or third in the champonship, that would be good enough for us. If we can win, it would be unbelievable, but it's not our goal."
well that sucks, i had him down as more of a fighter.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77362

"But I keep thinking that my goal is not to win the championship. If we are second or third in the champonship, that would be good enough for us. If we can win, it would be unbelievable, but it's not our goal."

Thats just psychological games, Lorenzo is not trying to pressure himself too much. If he wants the same wage as Rossi at Yahama then he wouldn't be doing himself any favours saying that. Look at Rossi in 2006, had a torrid year but never gave up and in the end nearly won the title.

Rossi has mentally destroyed pretty much every rider to take him on in the big class, Biaggi, Sete and to a degree Stoner after Laguna Seca 2008.
Nooooo Hope the break will help him recover though.

Will be interesting to see Fabrizio in MotoGP again...

MotoGP
(298 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG