The online racing simulator
MotoGP
(298 posts, started )
MotoGP
Anyone here into the MotoGP? I'm more into Motorbike racing myself but I love racing in general.

Anyone see Le Mans? Rossi is just as aggresive on a bike as he was back in his Honda days!
bores me to tears atm. MotoGP has really gone down hill over the last few years on the excite'o'meter.

Just wathing ther NW200 at the weekend proves my point
#3 - wild
Yeah I watch it from time to time, don't follow it as closely as Formula 1 mind you. I'm surprised there hasn't been a previous MotoGP thread.

Rossi's crash was quite spectacular, I'm surprised they didn't have enough time to change both the tyres. Ah well there's always next race.
Quote from The Shamrock :Anyone here into the MotoGP? I'm more into Motorbike racing myself but I love racing in general.

Anyone see Le Mans? Rossi is just as aggresive on a bike as he was back in his Honda days!

Yeah I think he tried a bit too hard and came in too early. But it was amazing he came into the pits like 3 or 4 times! Wow, and still never gave up. Great ride from Lorenzo, one of the better ones in his career. Just awesome IMO.
I watched some of it as well, pretty exiting stuff, Rossi's crash was very unexpected to say the least, good job by lorenzo.
Quote from Intrepid :bores me to tears atm. MotoGP has really gone down hill over the last few years on the excite'o'meter.

Just wathing ther NW200 at the weekend proves my point

Yeah can't really say I think differently. It's became more of who has the better bike and setup these days rather than who is the best rider. I hope MotoGP follows in F1's footsteps and remove's traction control soon! Becaue right now riders can just get into a corner and floor it out.

It's still somewhat exciting though, last year's Laguna Seca race proved it. Let's hope after Stoner gets out of his slump that he usually has at the start of the year, he'll give Rossi, Lorenzo and Pedrosa a run for their money.
Quote from The Shamrock :Yeah can't really say I think differently. It's became more of who has the better bike and setup these days rather than who is the best rider. I hope MotoGP follows in F1's footsteps and remove's traction control soon! Becaue right now riders can just get into a corner and floor it out.

It's still somewhat exciting though, last year's Laguna Seca race proved it. Let's hope after Stoner gets out of his slump that he usually has at the start of the year, he'll give Rossi, Lorenzo and Pedrosa a run for their money.

To be fair the Kawasaki is by no way the best bike and look what happened at Le Mans :o
Quote :To be fair the Kawasaki is by no way the best bike and look what happened at Le Mans

Yeah true, but I don't think that'd be the outcome if it was a completely dry race
I agree the Kawasaki wouldn't have been as far up, well probably not. But even so I'm very impressed with that bike this season. If only Kawasaki were fully funding it it may be even better..

Moto GP is king
Quote from Intrepid :I still think MotoGP still allows the best drivers to come to the front... it's just lacking something atm and wathcing this doesn';t help - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8gTof3lj_o

Irish road racing, for me at least, is the best type of bike racing out there.

3:31 - unreal!
Quote from The Shamrock :.... I hope MotoGP follows in F1's footsteps and remove's traction control soon!

This discussion has been had already. MotoGP isn't unique in having TC, both World and British Superbike series bikes have traction control and no one is complaining about unexciting racing in those series.

Quote :Becaue right now riders can just get into a corner and floor it out.

There isn't a TC system on the planet that is good enough to allow motorcycle riders to do that. Even with TC they have to be accurate with the throttle. Just not as accurate.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I agree the Kawasaki wouldn't have been as far up, well probably not. But even so I'm very impressed with that bike this season. If only Kawasaki were fully funding it it may be even better..

Moto GP is king

I hate motorbike racing clips that show crashes to "enhance" the excitment

I'm with you though. MotoGP is still where it's at for me.. check out all that drifting.. and the lean angles are just phenomenal .... sweet
I watch both, MotoGP and Superbikes, if i can. i have always found MotoGP exciting to watch. But lets face ti, that this year Superbikes are more exciting.
Quote from Alles :I watch both, MotoGP and Superbikes, if i can. i have always found MotoGP exciting to watch. But lets face ti, that this year Superbikes are more exciting.

A big +1 to that. I feel exactly the same way. To me they're both unmissable. MotoGP every now and then provides the best racing of the highest level, it's worth sitting through the more mundane races just so you value the Laguna 08s the Barcelona 07s the Estoril 06s etc that bit more. The bikes are awesome too.
motogp bikes don't go sideways anymore
I much prefer the Moto GP style of qualifying with the open pit session than either that wierd thing *confused* or the wierd tier system in WSBK

Talking of epic races, I believe it was Snetterton, race 2, last year in BSB. Shakey was simply amazing.
hehe I remember him! for about 2-3 races he was the best rider on the planet. Jerez (or somewhere similar) I think it was where he was immense on the 500s. I do miss the 2strokes.. proper RACE engines
The smell of the 2T are simply awesome. But the ecowarriors wouldn't allow it.. Byebye 250's

MotoGP
(298 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG