The online racing simulator
MotoGP
(298 posts, started )
Quote from danowat :He's had 3 wildcard MotoGP races, and although he has done pretty well in a couple of them, that doesn't mean he'll be good for the whole season.

I like Spies, and JT too, trouble is, too many people expect decent SBK riders to make decent GP riders, and its not always the case, and it ends up them limping back to SBK with their tail between their legs when they shouldn't really have to.

IMO Spies is exceptional rather than decent. He's definitely deserving of a shot at MotoGP on a good bike but as you say, success is not guaranteed and it's definitely easier to get a ride than it is to keep hold of one since there are always so many "good" riders waiting for their turn.

It's a shame there are so few "top" rides in MotoGP at the moment. Nobody wants to see someone as promising as Spies scratching for results on a satelite bike for a couple of years.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
As far as i know, that rule doesnt count if a rider has had a wild card ride. So spies would be able to go onto a factory bike. Also it doesnt count for a team like suzuki, who have no satelite team.
At least he is smart enough to know when he is beaten. The only thing that will stop Rossi now is devine intervention, although I suspect even God is too slow to catch him.
Spies to Ducati?

wouldn't be unresonable, because Hayden is just plain sucking hardcore.
I think if Spies does come to motogp it will be with Yamaha factory seat cause talent like that does not want to be on a uncompetitive bike.
Quote from Mustafur :Spies to Ducati?

wouldn't be unresonable, because Hayden is just plain sucking hardcore.

I think Hayden has done really well actually, he has helped to make the bike much more ridable, which has proved extremely valuable now that Casey is missing a few races.
yeah but the points gap is huge, Stoner shows the bike is worthy of a title challenge each year but Caparosi, Melandri and Hayden have been way off(then agian those 3 riders aren't bad though).
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Stoner shows that either.....

A) the bike is generally uncompetitive in anyone else hands apart from his .

or

B) Ducati put all their eggs in one basket, and developed the bike specifically for him at the expensive of anyone else.

I am WELL happy to see someone else other than Stoner bring a half decent performance home, so well done to Hayden for that, but Brno favours the Ducati anyway, so it could just be a blip.
Quote from danowat :Stoner shows that either.....

or

B) Ducati put all their eggs in one basket, and developed the bike specifically for him at the expensive of anyone else.

I am WELL happy to see someone else other than Stoner bring a half decent performance home, so well done to Hayden for that, but Brno favours the Ducati anyway, so it could just be a blip.

I dont think the team have developed it so its all to his riding style as hes first race in 07 with the Ducati he dominated, yet looking at the rider line up that year it would seem pretty close on expectations before hand.
Quote from danowat :

I think this is the simple truth. Ducati aren't in the business of making themselves, their bike or a number of their riders look bad intentionally by favouring one rider (Stoner) and leaving another languishing in the mid-field at best, as was regularly suggested during Melandri's stay there. Ducati would, I'm sure, love to have both bikes at the front all the time, and I'd bet they're constantly working just as hard to catch Hayden up to Stoner as they are improving Stoner's bike. They would have loved to have an Italian (Melandri) up front last year too. I always found the suggestions of favouritism laughable during the 08 season.

Stoner has an x-factor (I hate the connotation of that term now) which nobody else that has sat on the Ducati has had, to date. Shame we'll probably never see he and Rossi on the same machinery.
Don't forget Bayliss managed to tame the beast at valencia too.
Quote from BenjiMC :Don't forget Bayliss managed to tame the beast at valencia too.

compare that to the rest of the season and it doesn't fair up that well though.
Quote from BenjiMC :Don't forget Bayliss managed to tame the beast at valencia too.

Wasn't that in the last race of 2006 at Valencia with the 990 though? Different beast.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
The rumour is..........

Lorenzo has just signed a 2 year deal with Ducati
Quote from danowat :The rumour is..........

Lorenzo has just signed a 2 year deal with Ducati

I don't trust that rumor but if true it means he realized he can't beat #46 unless on a faster bike than Rossi

Well maybe he needs to get a humbling experience like the rest of the Ducati failures.
As I said, just a rumour ATM, but the source seems credable (a Spanish publication), the rumour is Hayden is going the other way.....

Time will tell.....
Hope you didnt read that on Marca newspaper, that would be as reliable as Scawen's release dates
Quote from BurnOut69 :Hope you didnt read that on Marca newspaper, that would be as reliable as Scawen's release dates

Nah, Moto Cuatro
What about Honda i think Lorenzo would do much better there, Ducati is a career risking move.
Lorenzo has the best bike package in motogp but if the rumours are ture thats his career shot down by a couple of pegs, just cause he can't beat rossi when he is on the same package proofs what a whiner he is.
If he goes to Ducati he will be most likely be shot by Stoner too.
I disagree. I think having both Rossi and Lorenzo on equal machinery will continue to produce great races.
It is getting boring watching them battling each other. Other riders 15 secs behind. Only Pedrosa seems to be able to match their pace sometimes (and Stoner).

I hope it all changes for 2010. If not, at least the minor classes tend to be more interesting.

MotoGP
(298 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG