The online racing simulator
thinking about getting a ps3...
(44 posts, started )
no im not going to trade in my Xbox 360 either, so no fanboy comments.
whats are the advantages of getting a ps3 besides the exclusives and free online play?
Ehm...BlueRay, upgradeable HD....looks nicer...umm...emptys your wallet faster...I think thats about it apart from the ones you mentioned in your OP.

OH WAIT. Motion sensor controllers...but they suck worse than a Wii so kinda pointless.
#3 - 5haz
Noo don't do it, you'll regret it... oh sorry wrong thread
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Ehm...BlueRay, upgradeable HD....looks nicer...umm...emptys your wallet faster...I think thats about it apart from the ones you mentioned in your OP.

OH WAIT. Motion sensor controllers...but they suck worse than a Wii so kinda pointless.

the xbox 360 is kinda turning into a kid console... most of the awesome games are coming for ps3, like MAG, mod nation racers...
Quote from mutt107 :the xbox 360 is kinda turning into a kid console... most of the awesome games are coming for ps3, like MAG, mod nation racers...

what about xbox then, Forza 3
omg i just realized that we made this into a fanboy war
Quote from batteryy :what about xbox then, Forza 3
omg i just realized that we made this into a fanboy war

no we havent, forza, COD6, will all be great games, its just the ps3 is getting some really good games..
PS3 is the best.

/thread.
IMO get a PS3, you get more variety.

Plus exclusive games, Home, you can even put Linux on it! (No joke)
xbox is better, thanks to live
If you get a Ps3 you can get GT5 when it comes out.
Quote from batteryy :xbox is better, thanks to live

Yes! Let's pay to listen to even more 8-year old American whiny voices! What a business model!

The exclusives aren't much of a selling point, same can be said for both consoles. PS3 (because of Sony, not necessarily because it's a better machine, which it is) tends to have the better exclusives though
im basicly in same position but i can get a 360 for about $80 bucks with a 20 gig HDD and 2 wireless controllers

ps3 on the otherhand are about $300(cheapest i can find)
I have both, I brought a PS3, like you, to "expand my horizons".

Bottomline, is was a mistake, I hardly ever, and I mean HARDLY ever, use the PS3.

There is nothing I can think of on the PS3 that is better than the x360, everything on the PS3 seems an effort compared to the 360.
and dan. I have the same and my Xbox never gets touched. Ever. Simply because I find PS3 games to be cheaper and they tend to be near enough the same that the extra 10$ or so per game (and I have almost 20 games) isn't worth it for the Xbox. Along with that, I find the 360 to lack in Media center type functions, no BluRay (as HD-DVD is dead), and Linux on my PS3 is very useful, mostly for doing *gasp* some actual web development work in front of a large TV.
Heh, I knew you couldn't do a console related thread without these fights. Anyway, the PS3 is better, as it doesn't have RRoD, free online, and better graphics thanks to a built in blu-ray player. Oh, and did I forget to mention GT5?
Im not a fanboy since i dont own a ps3 or 360 ffs i dont even have a wii lol but doesnt the jasper chip prevent rrod?
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :but doesnt the jasper chip prevent rrod?

Well, Brembo brakes on Opel Astra makes it brake without crazy sound aswell, but... it's does not makes it (Opel A.) better.
well, i am choosing not to get a ps3
for the same price as a ps3 i can get most of the new awesome games that come out this year.
If you bought a PS3 you could also get all the best games for 360 this year.

Simply because no good games ever come out for the 360.

Quote from dawesdust_12 : Simply because no good games ever come out for the 360.

You forgot GTA IV, but it turns xbox into something as hot as sun after ~4 hours of gameplay.
ok, no more bashing on the 360, both consoles are fine.
Yeah, while my PS3 just keeps playing it well into the night (and morning, and afternoon)... in fact. I had GTA4 on my PS3 for a month solid... and no overheating.

Try that with a 360, and get ready to call the Microsoft support line after 4 hours for a replacement 360.
I have both and the PS3 just sits there. PS3 was a huge waste of money actually. If i were you i would upgrade my pc.
If I were you, I'd buy a PS3 and sell/trade your 360 before it RROD's for the 3rd time this month.

(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG