The online racing simulator
F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
I agree. :P Kartings more exciting to watch then F1 though, can't denie that.
That's the problem I have with him. It seems his only purpose on this forum is to brainwash us all into thinking that Karting is the best and we should all Kart so we can become F1 drivers. He should realize that there is more than 2 types of racing out in this large world.
How the hell did Mark Webber get to F1... Reading this stuff it's like he can't drive but then someone went "HAI YOUUUUUUUUU, DRIVE THIS F1 CAR!"
Quote from dawesdust_12 :How the hell did Mark Webber get to F1... Reading this stuff it's like he can't drive but then someone went "HAI YOUUUUUUUUU, DRIVE THIS F1 CAR!"

what the..
How did he get chosen... From all that I've seen like his epic crashes (where we have other people who seemed to go through F3000 and stuff without a single incident almost) yet he is in F1 somehow. I just can't fathom it
Quote from dawesdust_12 :How did he get chosen... From all that I've seen like his epic crashes (where we have other people who seemed to go through F3000 and stuff without a single incident almost) yet he is in F1 somehow. I just can't fathom it

3rd in 2000 on rookie season(alonso was 4th that year) and 2nd in 2001 in F3000, sounds pretty worthy to me
Quote from dawesdust_12 :How did he get chosen... From all that I've seen like his epic crashes (where we have other people who seemed to go through F3000 and stuff without a single incident almost) yet he is in F1 somehow. I just can't fathom it

It's part politics and part performance, like many drivers in F1. He was quite lucky in his early career. His manager in Formula Ford was well-connected enough to fund his move to Britain and enter the British Formula Ford championship (which he won). David Campese -- a famous Australian rugby player -- supported his F3 season with Alan Docking Racing (a team known for its Australian connections).

He joined the Mercedes junior team in sportscars after his British F3 season, and did well.

He got lucky again when he was introduced to Paul Stoddart, who funded his first F3000 season and arranged for his test with Arrows. He also enjoyed sponsorship from Fosters (the beer company), which carried on for a while.

His real F1 break was when he took up Flavio as manager and became Benetton's test driver. Although he was later replaced by Fernando Alonso (say what you want, but Flav does have an eye for good drivers), he got his GP debut at Minardi and the rest is history.

A lot of drivers look like muppets when you dig back to their early days. You shouldn't judge too harshly.
Kimi has probably had the easiest road to F1 out of all the drivers, though.

and that massive gamble sauber took actually payed off.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That's the problem I have with him. It seems his only purpose on this forum is to brainwash us all into thinking that Karting is the best and we should all Kart so we can become F1 drivers. He should realize that there is more than 2 types of racing out in this large world.

I'm jokin' about! Considering my history on this forum and how some say 'karting is for kids' I find it amusing when Schumacher comes out with something like "Karting is almost as hard as F1 nowadays!" and Piquet saying point blank "Karting is more tiring than F1". FFS give the kid a break!
Quote from Mustafur :Kimi has probably had the easiest road to F1 out of all the drivers, though.\.

Yes, but they just played the simple logic of taking any Tom, Dick, Peter or Harry off of the streets of Finland, that you will have a fast driver.

#87 - 5haz
http://www.f1technical.net/new ... e62ac8b8e6b0bf6d8d880ecbc

Quote :According to reports by the German newspaper 'Bild', former World Champion Jacques Villeneuve is closing in a on deal to return to Formula One with the new USF1 Team in 2010. Villeneuve didn't want to refer to USF1 but said to the publication: "It is true, I will return to Formula One."

As far as I know 'Bild' is one of those tabloid newspapers so take this with a pinch of salt. I don't think he would do very well though.
I wish I could see Jeff Gordon atleast get a shot

It's not going to happen though...
Quote from 5haz :http://www.f1technical.net/new ... e62ac8b8e6b0bf6d8d880ecbc

As far as I know 'Bild' is one of those tabloid newspapers so take this with a pinch of salt. I don't think he would do very well though.

As far as I know about the USF1 business:

Villeneuve is "interested" in returning to F1 but is not linked with USF1.

Danica Patrick says no, Scott Speed (lol) says no, and AJ Allmendinger says no. As far as americans go the only viable people left are IndyCar drivers although apparantly Indy is taboo for F1 teams

Not a single driver from Indy has made the jump. A few were linked but never produced anything (Ryan Briscoe).

Marco Andretti, Graham Rahal, Ryan Hunter-Reay (no plz) and Townsend Bell. There's also the A1GP camp: Johnathon Summerton.

And finally you have a few NASCAR "interested" Kyle Busch. As stated before I would like to see Jeff Gordon get a shot as he's proven he can atleast keep the car on the track (much more than I can say for Yuji Ide or Sakon Yamamoto lol).
the problem may actually be the fac that the team themselves said on radio 5 when talking about danica that it would be unfair for them to ask her to go into F1 when she's at her peak as by the time they are competative she would miss out on her best years. now if your any sort of recognised driver your not going to be attracted by a team thats saying you will be at the back for the next 3 or 4 years
Quote from tinvek :the problem may actually be the fac that the team themselves said on radio 5 when talking about danica that it would be unfair for them to ask her to go into F1 when she's at her peak as by the time they are competative she would miss out on her best years. now if your any sort of recognised driver your not going to be attracted by a team thats saying you will be at the back for the next 3 or 4 years

Well she sucks in IRL so really if offered a drive in F1 might as well take it. Might salvage a riduclously overated career.
Quote from tinvek :the problem may actually be the fac that the team themselves said on radio 5 when talking about danica that it would be unfair for them to ask her to go into F1 when she's at her peak as by the time they are competative she would miss out on her best years. now if your any sort of recognised driver your not going to be attracted by a team thats saying you will be at the back for the next 3 or 4 years

Peak? That's hilarious she is currently only 5th in the points...and in all her previous seasons she score lower than that in the champ. She has also yet to win a race since japan oh so long ago. Patrick is THE most overrated driver in America
You'd fancy her if she had scales though
Quote from tristancliffe :You'd fancy her if she had scales though

So? What's ur point?

Don't underestimate scales, they are very stimulating with their bumpy hardness you should try it sometimes
Quote from lizardfolk :Peak? That's hilarious she is currently only 5th in the points...and in all her previous seasons she score lower than that in the champ. She has also yet to win a race since japan oh so long ago. Patrick is THE most overrated driver in America

just because she isn't a top driver doesn't mean her carear will not have a peak, i hit my peak in tennis when i was 12 and hit the ball twice in a row. not brilliant but since every other effort before and since has been worse it is by definition my peak.. by your own admission she is currently higher in the standings than in the "champ" in other years, therefore unless she improves further she is also at her peak

aslso if you don't agree with the statement i suggest you take it up with the team principal of USF1 or whatever bernie's making them call themselves this month, since they made it and presumably know a lot more about american racing drivers than me
Quote from tinvek :just because she isn't a top driver doesn't mean her carear will not have a peak, i hit my peak in tennis when i was 12 and hit the ball twice in a row. not brilliant but since every other effort before and since has been worse it is by definition my peak.. by your own admission she is currently higher in the standings than in the "champ" in other years, therefore unless she improves further she is also at her peak

aslso if you don't agree with the statement i suggest you take it up with the team principal of USF1 or whatever bernie's making them call themselves this month, since they made it and presumably know a lot more about american racing drivers than me

No no no I'm not laughing at you or calling you a retard. I'm just saying that the fact that they consider her 5th in the champ (just one position above her previous year's result) as a peak is hilarious imo. She hasn't even won a race this season yet. The only thing that should be said about ther her this year is that she improved slightly. If this is her "peak" then she's not going to go anywhere
main reason she is linked with usf1 is because:

1. shes female
2. because she is female she is also a marketing machine thus bringing usf1 mega bucks in sponsorship.
3. shes american.
4. prob the best female driver out there.
IMO she's not a good fit in F1

Why? Because:

1. She's a female. Historically/statistically, females have not done well in F1 (Desire Wilson excepted)
2. She whines, A lot
3. She's prone to making (too many?) errors
4. Can you see her fighting a backmarker after she got taken out?
5. Could she deal with all the marketing/testing?
I really cant see her being taken seriously on the track by all the lads.

"Uhhh, maybe if I let her past, she will give me sexy times!!"

F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG