The online racing simulator
F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
Quote from Lotesdelere :Sébastien Loeb interested in Bourdais' seat:
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/he ... detail/090711125013.shtml

In the original interview Loeb says that he's not physically ready yet for a full 70 lap F1 GP.
Olivier Quesnel, Citroën Sport's boss, says that Loeb is not going to replace Bourdais this season. The priority is still WRC. But Loeb might drive for the last GP of the season in Abu Dhabi.

On his official site Loeb confirms he has just said that he's available for a F1 seat, which doesn't mean he's going to replace Bourdais for the end of the season, in case Bourdais would be fired. He used the Red Bull simulator some days ago but the priority is WRC and he's not going to drive a F1 for the Hungary GP.

Imo, Loeb won't get it unless its just for one race, hes 35 years old, way too old to risk a debut.
Loeb doesn't have enough experience to get a Super License, let alone race in an F1 Grand Prix.

Being a rally legend and a competitive Le Mans racer does not qualify one to race F1. Yuji Ide had a very good curriculum vitae too, and look how he fared.
Quote from samjh :Loeb doesn't have enough experience to get a Super License, let alone race in an F1 Grand Prix.

Being a rally legend and a competitive Le Mans racer does not qualify one to race F1. Yuji Ide had a very good curriculum vitae too, and look how he fared.

Webber used hes Lemans experience to get a superlicence though..
Quote from Mustafur :Webber used hes Lemans experience to get a superlicence though..

I think his F3000 experience was more relevant.
Quote from Mustafur :Webber used hes Lemans experience to get a superlicence though..

He did two seasons in F3000, 3rd in 2000 and 2nd in 2001.
Quote from Joris :I think his F3000 experience was more relevant.

I just figured since he Drove a F1 car a few times with Arrows before he even Did the F3000 series.
Quote from samjh :Loeb doesn't have enough experience to get a Super License, let alone race in an F1 Grand Prix.

being an ex world champion always seems to open up strange licences and seedings, i remember derek bell being seeded at No 14 for the 1987 RAC rally in an astra purely on the strength of his world sportscar record despite it being almost his first rally ( it's usually called his first but i know he did at least the cambrian rally before to gain experience) and ahead of such drivers as russel brooks, carlos sainz, jimmy mcrae, mark lovell and malcom wilson
Quote from Mustafur :I just figured since he Drove a F1 car a few times with Arrows before he even Did the F3000 series.

Test drives don't require a Super License.

Webber merely did two days of testing at Arrows, just prior to starting his debut F3000 season. His real break into F1 was when he took on Flavio as his manager, which gave him a second season in F3000 and a test-driver role at Benetton (to be replaced at the end of the year by none other than one Fernando Alonso). He got his Grand Prix debut a year later for Minardi.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar ... amp;prov=st&type=lgns

Quote :
Max Mosley has resisted pressure to stand again as FIA president and will back Frenchman Jean Todt to succeed him after 16 years in charge of world motorsport.

Pressure to stand again? It sure sounded to me like all the pressure was to get out of town. He's saving face I suppose.

edit: oops, sorry didn't see the same info already in the Hamilton flame thread
An ex Ferrari person as FIA President.... riiiiight
Rumours are flying about that Kubica is organising some 'secret' kart races. Schumacher, Vettel, Glock, Piquet, and Luizzi are all invited. I think Luizzi mentioned something on the BBC too. Sounds ****ing awesome!
What about Hamilton and Heidfeld!
Kubica, Massa, and then the old man

Piquet Jnr taking tips from the boss

#67 - DeKo
Quote from Xaid0n :An ex Ferrari person as FIA President.... riiiiight

Indeed, it surely cant happen, it would be too ridiculous.
Nelson Piquet - "I have to admit: The go-kart I drove made me feel more tired than when I drive my F1 car!"

lol
Maybe cuz he drives his F1 car too slowly to feel the G forces? :P
Quote from evilpimp :Maybe cuz he drives his F1 car too slowly to feel the G forces? :P

Schumacher 7x F1 WDC

"This was a successful operation yesterday and the day before in Lonato, as multiple formula-1-karting at the guys in Lonato had taken. Quite spontaneously, but even funnier. And I think we all feel today, as some places on our body so much, we are driven to these two days ... karting is now almost harder than the Formula 1"

Quote from Intrepid :karting is now almost harder than the Formula 1"

Ok, so Alan. Go drive a F1 car and see how long you can last doing competitive (read: Better than Sutil) lap times.
#73 - 5haz
Quote from Intrepid :karting is now almost harder than the Formula 1"

So is just about every other racing series.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Ok, so Alan. Go drive a F1 car and see how long you can last doing competitive (read: Better than Sutil) lap times.

He was quoting Schumacher...
Quote from evilpimp :He was quoting Schumacher...

Yes, but he's trying to use it as his point that karting is the god of Motorsport when it's not. Sure it produces F1 drivers, but who cares? Sure F1 is the most popular but there's so many other series' that are more exciting to watch.

F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG