The online racing simulator
F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
F1 Discussion
Well I've figured since everyone has gone Thread happy on trying to win the F1 gp topics and now the mods have taken control there is No F1 discussion between the races.
Quote from Mustafur :Well I've figured since everyone has gone Thread happy on trying to win the F1 gp topics and now the mods have taken control there is No F1 discussion between the races.

How long did it take you to figure this? It was explained in a post, and doesn't really require a new thread for you to tell us.

Unless, of course, you meant to say that this thread is for all F1 discussion between races (which you forgot to type), which is a direct violition of Sam's ruling. All this talk should go into the British GP thread until the week of the next race when we can have a shiny new thread.

Sam will probably merge this thread to keep things tidy.
Quote from tristancliffe :How long did it take you to figure this? It was explained in a post, and doesn't really require a new thread for you to tell us.

Unless, of course, you meant to say that this thread is for all F1 discussion between races (which you forgot to type), which is a direct violition of Sam's ruling. All this talk should go into the British GP thread until the week of the next race when we can have a shiny new thread.

Sam will probably merge this thread to keep things tidy.

I actually ment this thread for discussion between the races(sorry for not stating).

what about discussion un-related to the British GP?

Btw, theres no violition at all, as this is about discussion in general not about a GP.
Sam stated that all F1 discussion between races should be in the last GP thread. Is that a problem?
Creating Formula 1 GP Threads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DO NOT create a new F1 [insert track] thread. One will be created by a moderator on the Monday before a race weekend and NOT BEFORE.

[edit] Infractions WILL be issued for breaches of this protocol

where does it say?
#7 - Gil07
Quote :Fernando Alonso will be officially announced as the Ferrari driver between 2010 and 2014 in the Italian GP (Monza), the Sept. 11, according to Spanish newspaper, "AS". In the early reporting is not what the current drivers, Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa , miss the place, since both have valid contracts for 2010, but speculated that the team from Maranello will not have to pay high compensation in any case.

http://www.record.pt/noticia.a ... 00-0000-0000-000000000126
#9 - wild
Quote from Mustafur :I think that Alonso will go to ferrari at some stage, but i think at this stage its still a rumor.

It's been speculated that he'll be in a red car ever since the deal with McLaren went sour ... We'll just have to watch this space and see what happens until then
If the only source is that newspaper, you better take it with a mountain of grains of salt.
#11 - SamH
Quote from Mustafur :where does it say?

I did say it, Tristan's correct, but for the life of me I can't remember where it was now either.

We'll keep this thread going this time around - 3 weeks is a big gap, and with everything that's been going on in F1 in the past few weeks, there's been a whole lot more than one thread's worth of talking points to get through.

The reason for the announcement and the ban on creating F1 race threads was because of the plain silly behaviour on the part of a small bunch of people, in a ridiculous competition to create the next F1 race thread. It was never about preventing or limiting discussions on the topic of F1.

Once discussion in a particular F1 race thread has died down to nothing after a race, I'm thinking of locking those race threads with a post and link to this thread, where any discussions can carry on. Then at least we form something of a discussion structure, and everyone will be able to follow F1 discussions easily.
Quote from BurnOut69 :If the only source is that newspaper, you better take it with a mountain of grains of salt.

Hehe I know, they also says Vettel will drive for Ferrari in 2011 :P
Quote from Gil07 :Hehe I know, they also says Vettel will drive for Ferrari in 2011 :P

I don't think Vettel will leave Redbull unless he has a dispute, they basically rasied him into an F1 driver, plus they are kicking ass right now.
What do you Guys think of Trulli, hes gone under the radar a bit, but he is performing really well.

He is dominating Glock like no tommorow, not to mention he just turned 35!!

So, Bernie crawled out of his cave and gave an interview where he expressed fondess for strong leaders leaders like Max Mosley, Saddam Hussein and Adolf Hitler. Although he made a point that Hitler wasn't very good dictator because he lost in the end.

Can't someone just throw this senile troll into a river already?

Article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/t ... mula_1/article6633340.ece
lol this just keeps getting funnier.

Even though what he said about Hitler was pretty much correct, its just in Europe its illegal to have an opinion.
#18 - 5haz
Mosely is not a strong or good leader, a good leader will have everyone behind him supporting him, Mosely is hated by the majority and his authority has been somewhat undermined, hardly a good leader then.

How much longer must lions be lead by lambs in the world of F1?

And Bernie came rather close to envoking Godwin's law.

Judging by whats going on on BBC news, it looks like Bernie has a scandal of his own on his hands!
Yay for not letting facts (or in this case what the old troll actually said) get in the way of a good story!
What I (personaly) find funny is that everyone seems to be stabbing Max and Bernie in the back at any given chance, but without them F1 may not have been what it has and has grown into. Unfortunately they did not know when to walk away and as such their legacy will forever be remembered for the past 4/5 years of utter incompetence,

I also cant help feel that sometimes is a case of 'better the devil you know' and if it become Jean Todt who replaces Max then things will be worse, and if not Jean, then who else is out there to take over?
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :What I (personaly) find funny is that everyone seems to be stabbing Max and Bernie in the back at any given chance, but without them F1 may not have been what it has and has grown into. Unfortunately they did not know when to walk away and as such their legacy will forever be remembered for the past 4/5 years of utter incompetence,

I also cant help feel that sometimes is a case of 'better the devil you know' and if it become Jean Todt who replaces Max then things will be worse, and if not Jean, then who else is out there to take over?

Todt won't take over, you have to be an idiot to think that.
Quote from Mustafur :Todt won't take over, you have to be an idiot to think that.

Mosley is going to be in deep shit for this.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/he ... detail/090706112154.shtml

Teams such as Lola and Prodrive who were unsuccessful on there bid to be on the grid in 2010 both said the reason why is because they chose not to take a Cosworth engine.

The Fia didn't want all the teams to be backed by manufactuer teams they wanted them powered by independants so they had more say on who comes in the sport or not.

I think this is completely unfair, For Prodrive and Lola Both of which have far better facilities and pedigree then the 3 teams that where accepted.
You can bet that manufacturer's are not going to let that one go and it's something that EU Comission of Competition could be interested in.

As for Todt, Mosley has named him as a candidate to take over if he decides to quit but that seems to be very unlikely at the moment. Even if Mosley would step down, manufacturers probably won't support Todt due to his close relationship with Mosley and Ferrari.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/8137698.stm

Ari Vatanen to replace Mosely?

Sounds good to me, a man with racing pedigree and just as importantly, without any incestuous relationships within the sport.

About time we had a Finn at the top, they are afterall the kings of motorsport......
#25 - JJ72
what if he decides paved circuits are for pussies and turn every race track into rally stages?

F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG