The online racing simulator
F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
Well he is pretty good at crashing so that might be the right place for him...
Instead of spinning in little circles before crashing into a wall, he can now spin in big circles.
You know, there's a "Yo dawg" joke in here somewhere...
A season for injuries. First Massa, now Glock.
As announced earlier today at the Motor Sports Japan festival, third driver Kamui Kobayashi will replace Timo at Interlagos. Kamui took part in Friday practice at Suzuka while Timo recovered from illness and acquitted himself well despite difficult conditions.

That's a lie... Timo ran in practice but he crashed in Qualy Kamui didn't run on Friday as 3rd drivers aren't allowed to run on Fridays...
Uh, no it's not a lie, Kobayashi ran both Friday practice sessions
Quote from mythdat :Uh, no it's not a lie, Kobayashi ran both Friday practice sessions

Why, when Glock was still fit then?
He wasn't fit, he was suffering from a virus, as was half the Toyota team
they must of ate some dodgy wasabi xD
Nice to know F1 fans are paying attention before making comments.

Timo only took part in Practice 3 and Qualifying.
it will be intresting to see another rookie this season though, allthough i got a feeling hes gonna suck, where did he do hes feeder series ive never heard of him before(Kobayashi).
Kobayashi has proven in junior series that he is better than at least Nakajima.

But given that Nakajima isn't anything special that probably does not mean much.

Though he is the quickest upcoming Japanese driver you can find.
Quote from JJ72 :Kobayashi has proven in junior series that he is better than at least Nakajima.

Are you sure? They look evenly matched to me.

Nakajima's best championship results:
Formula Toyota = 1st
Japanese F3 = 2nd
Super GT (GT300) = 8th
F3 Euroseries = 7th
GP2 Series = 6th

Kobayashi's best championship results:
Formula Toyota = 2nd
Italian F.Renault = 1st
F.Renault Eurocup = 1st
F3 Euroseries = 4th
GP2 Asia = 1st
GP2 Series = 16th (in two seasons!)

Side-by-side in same championships:
2003 Formula Toyota: NAK 1st, KOB 2nd
2006 F3 Euroseries: NAK 7th, KOB 8th

I think Nakajima has a slight lead on Kobayashi, judging by statistics alone.
Quote from samjh :

One thing I've learnt is stats in motorsport don't matter didlysquat
Quote from Intrepid :One thing I've learnt is stats in motorsport don't matter didlysquat

My reply pertains to a comment about their performances in junior formulae. You can hardly wind back the clock. Statistics are all we have.
Quote from samjh :Hmmm. Without putting both of them in identical machinery on the circuit simultaneously, how else are you going to compare them?

You can't. It's why you get so many concept one-make series. Series that try and promote driver-over-equipment. In fact one-make series in my experience cause the opposite effect. It places far too much emphasis on results as there is an illusion of a 'level-playing' field. With this illusion in place very average drivers with large wealth (and fair play to them for having that wealth I whole heartedly support hard workers) can still out-spend their rivals without people questioning if it's them or their talent.

It's why it's so hard for teams to sport good drivers and thus end up investing in young karters. From a personal point of view driving attitude on and off track is far more important than results. For example I remember seeing Jules Bianchi race karts 3+ years ago and knew pretty much straight away he was the nuts and a name for the future. He hadn't won any major senior title at the time...same with hamilton 10+ years ago. it's not about results. Mind you Aaro Vainio has both attitude and results....

But I only deal with karting and with karting you can see behind the veil. In cars it's much harder for fans to judge who really is good or not. So to return to my point - stats mean jack (.. for the most part )
Nakajima was given one of the best rides in GP2 though.

Anything can happen though, look at Justin Wilson compared to Webber, dominated him in F3000 but got absolutely killed when he was team mate with him in Jaguar.

He will have to do good in Brazil though if he wants to give himself anychance of Starting an F1 career going by hes mediocore results in GP2.
I still think the fastest japanese at the moment is Sato.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I still think the fastest japanese at the moment is Sato.

hes form is too unpredictable though.

goes from Good performance in 04 to a horror 05 and in 07 did an insane job with the Super Aguri.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I still think the fastest japanese at the moment is Sato.

Yeah, just too bad he is a Honda driver and Honda is out of F1.

F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG