The online racing simulator
LFS Karting Meeting 2006?
(127 posts, started )
Bah, trust it to be a time this year when I couldn't go Stupid operation in June, then holiday early July. =/

I'll have to put my name down for the 2007 meet.
If it helps anyone, I have found links to all the tracks mentioned in Google Maps. They are all available in detailed satellite images with the exception of Whilton Mill which is just outside the detail. It gives you an idea of where it is though.

Hoddesdon
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps? ... 1&spn=0.0032,0.007231

Buckmore Park
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps? ... &spn=0.00323,0.007231

Whilton Mill
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps? ... amp;spn=0.025313,0.085831

Daytona MK
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps? ... amp;spn=0.006362,0.014462

I have raced (many years ago) at Buckmore Park for a MacMillan Cancer Relief event. It is a very nice track, which looks small when you look at it but seems big when you drive it. The event was organised OK, nothing special, but I do remember that beforehand they set out strict rules for driver changing and refuelling but nobody (except us of course ) took any notice - and they didn't give any penalties or anything for it. It was a charity event though so more to raise money that actually compete!

EDIT - Correct links now (sorry again)

Tim

PS for those interested, our team started 1st and finished 3rd (2 hour endurance race)
Dam, can u wait 13 years to start this event? I want to be there. Can someone tape it and post the event here?
Given we "videoed" last years, I'm sure we can do it again this time. Hopefully with more camera's though

Edit: more batteries so we can video the prize giving would be good
Cay you familiarize me with estimated costs for event like this? (Renting karts and stuff)
It sounds like a great opportunity to wrap myself around a tree I would love to try any circuit in England with my fellow LiveForSpeedians.

@Bob Smith If am going and you can get your (and MadMan's) entity towards Guildford/Godalming train station, then I think 2 more people wouldn't hurt my car (last week there were 7 ppl in a coupe illepall)

EDIT: yeehaa! first post
Hi -Main-

I get the train everyday through all of Haslemere, Godalming and Guildford stations on the way to London, so my train pass covers all of them. Madman is forced to buy a ticket in either case, so it shouldn't make much difference.

Heh, never had people fighting over me to give me a lift before.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
LOL BOB

karting meet would be great..... as i couldnt make the last one, so count me in for now though i dont know how my financial situation will be few months from now but so far count me in
Hey Guys,

what about 5th July in Bruntingthorpe? The Formula Student Event takes place in Bruntingthorpe from 5th to 8th July. There is a go cart track too, would be really cool. Because many of you could see some MRT5 like cars and i could take part also

Greets,
Warper
damn, earlier i wrote a massive post but it isnt here

to summerise what i said but didnt appear, i spoke to a guy at whilton and he can get us 30 mins praccy and quali, and a 2 hour race for £150. usually its £180 but for me its 150, so thats £50 a piece, less than GP cost, but u get even more seat time and better track/karts.

ill post some more details in the next thread. Once again, the provisional date is im hoping to get July 1st

if anyone is looking to find the track on autoroute or something similar, the postcode is NN11 5NH
Sounds good Will. So we're doing 3 people in each team? £150 a team and £50 a head?
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :...2 hour race for £150. usually its £180 but for me its 150, so thats £50 a piece...

yea man, and scotty, could u pick clownpaint up from the train station please m8?
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :yea man, and scotty, could u pick clownpaint up from the train station please m8?

yeh might be able to I think I'm gonna bring a friend this time as well :P
Quote from mrbogeyman :Well, i had a little look on multimap....and it will be one hell of a journey, but very much worth it i bet!

For the sake of not being stranded once I get down south, it is looking like driving is the best bet

Anyway, I will see how many Scots or northern folk we get to make the journey more interesting.

I'm interested in going just need to see whats going on around the date and also how much money I have

According to google maps NN11 5NH is 479miles away from me. Bah us Scottish should take charge and make it up here at Boyndie

Keiran
Yes!

Karting Event at Boyndie! (I'm going up this weekend)

It's a great circuit guys, really!
Why don't you guys fly to Canada and do this?

hehe
Next year I can go too, and I'll bring my KB with me to instal it on a kart and probe you do can race with KB

Hoping now you'll do a 2007 event lol...
Quote from Becky Rose :"Jimmy" in your case .

He's not that advanced Becky. On TS recently his ratio of belches to words is frighteningly high

As for the meet, I hope to be part of the dSRC contingent previously mentioned for some of the earlier social aspects of the day. There are much more worthy drivers than myself to actually take part in the event. Can we come just to spectate? I have a video camera i can bring if thats any help?

Cant stay for the nighttime frivolities unfortunately if it is May 1st as at 8am on the 2nd I'll be looking for a space on the outside of Macleans to erect my chair ready to watch the Motogp
Quote from Grivage :Cant stay for the nighttime frivolities unfortunately if it is May 1st

That seems unlikely since it is already the 4th.
people with cameras would be great!
Im VERY intersted!! im gutted i missed the last one, really would like to make this one. I live about 10 mins away from Wilton havnt been on it since January 2005 but i hope i have how to drive the track fast deep in my mind somewhere.
Ive got a video camera and a digital camera so i shall bring those along. I live south east, near hastings, if anyone from that area wants a lift (and navigate ) then pm me or reply here.
Here is a video of wilton I made a few months back of the BUKC race.

I went along to see what it was all about and to see how one of my mates did. It was bloody freezing!

http://download.filefront.com/ ... 5344f56f9e293e114b29a7d8e

would highly recommend Wilton guys its a professional karting circuit, where the public are not alloud on for arrive and drive. And its slapbang in the middle of the country, and what senna has done is cheap as chips! Your not going to find a better price for a track that size
Hmm, I'm not sure I can make this July 1st is worryingly close to both mine, the gf's, and in the same month as Lugradio live, which I'm already going to :s I'll have to see what I can do. If I do come I definately wont beable to afford to race :'(

Edit: If I do end up coming up, I'm willing to give a lift to anyone who can squeeze into my tiny little clio :o
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :so thats £50 a piece

Your karttracks in England are very expensive. What about if you all come to Germany? You can get a 2 hour race for 50 euro here, more than 1/2 of your price.
Crickey £30 for 2hrs... Do Ryanair fly to Germany?

LFS Karting Meeting 2006?
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG