The online racing simulator
LFS Karting Meeting 2006?
(127 posts, started )
This is just a provisional thread to see who is intrested in coming. More details will follow in another thread when we have enough people to make it worth while. Please note, nothing is confirmed 100% yet, until i start to take in deposits.

* The Time: Im still awaiting confirmation but the date i aim for is Saturday July the 1st at around 2pm.

* The Place: Whilton Mill, Daventry just off the M1. Postcode NN11 5NH

* The Cost: The approx cost is £150 per team (£50 each for 3 people, £75 each for 2)

* Time in Karts: We will get 30 mins quali and a 2 hour race, alot longer than last years event, although they are faster karts it is alot less physically demanding.

* People per team: 3 people per team is reccomended, although i have done 2.5 hours on my own before so 2 people or 1 person is possible.

I know the guy who runs this big site www.karting1.co.uk and i recently got him into LFS. He is really enjoying it and hopefully he can cover the event and promote Live For Speed to the karting community and get some more 'professional' drivers in.

lets remember some of the after race fun and the article on LFS News

cheers guys

EDIT:

A list of people intrested for my sake -

1.AndyC
2.P1lot
3.TraXXion
4.Lippy
5.Lucasinio
6.ScHiZ
7.3J
8.Mr. Bogeyman
9.Bob Smith
10.Madman
11.Snewham
12.TAA
13.Gopher04
14.Chris_Kerry
15.GP4Flo
16.Dumb_Arse
17._Rob_
18.Colcob
19.Danowat
20.TristanCliffe
21.Ayrton Senna 87
22.Ferret
23.KayJay
24.Tongey
25.NOIM
26.ClownPaint
27.T1ger
28.Anttt13
29.Alan Dove

Once we get to around 20 or 30 we will start to get some provisional bookings, and see if the devs are intrested again (and if they are free)
#2 - AndyC
I had a great time last year so I would be up for it. As long as the meeting place is right.

Andy.
#3 - P1lot
Enjoyed last year, wanna do it again!
I'd be interested, waiting for the details then..
#5 - lippy
It certainly sounds interesting. Where were you thinking of going?
Yeah, interested in it too!
#7 - ScHiZ
I'd be interested to come along again,last time was great fun. Miight depend on the 'where' more this time, it was quite a long way... midlands perhaps?
Quote from ScHiZ :I'd be interested to come along again,last time was great fun. Miight depend on the 'where' more this time, it was quite a long way... midlands perhaps?

How about Holland? :banana_ra
yeh i'll definetely be interested again. I had a great time last time and it's not too much hassle for me now getting the train up cause I can drive now :P
Interested too, but depends much on the date...
Formula Student UK is also Late June, Early July. Not sure if anyone who went last year is on a FS team..?
Oh cool

I missed it last year, but I would like to make an effort this year

Maybe I can organise a dSRC contingent Failing that, I would be interested to hear from fellow Scots who are planning on going so that we can pool our resources! i.e. Road trip!
Count me in
+2 (I'll get Madman along this time)
Lippy, we were thinking of going to whilton mill (when you went did you enjoy that track?), Daytona MK or Buckmore Park. I have looked into MANY other tracks (i started looking last november) and i believe these to be the most suitable.

Daytona is in Milton Keynes, its a terrible track for spectators and pretty expensive, (£200 per team for 2 hours, 18 teams on track), but the track its self is very fun and challenging. Milton Keynes has many good bars and pubs to visit afterwards.

Whilton Mill is in northampton, i can get us a discount to around £160 per team for 2.5 hours. Maximum of 18 teams. It has a great bar at the circuit, and everyone who came last year will know how to get there and also the hotels in Northampton.

Buckmore park is a great track in kent, in the middle of no-where. It doesnt have much night life near by, and hotels are quite far away. it is the best track on this list but the facilities rule it out
Quote from AndyC :I would be up for it. As long as the meeting place is right.

Andy.

What he said.
Sounds like fun, if only it was in Texas...
Cheers for the PM ayrton, yep im intrested seeings i had to pull out last time, will look out for details..
I'd like to come as well, so Tristan can give me my t-shirt back.
rofl...
I think tristan made a small sacrificial altar out of it

as long as its not early june (first week) then im interested
Quote :Daytona is in Milton Keynes, its a terrible track for spectators and pretty expensive, (£200 per team for 2 hours, 18 teams on track), but the track its self is very fun and challenging. Milton Keynes has many good bars and pubs to visit afterwards.

I rate this as Britains best track. The facilities are good, the location is good, the track is simply awesome (especially the shortened track which cuts out the non-spectator bit). Designed by James Hunt, need I say more? Incase I do it has an indoor viewing area with TV screens showing the track action (the screen auto-cuts to a random camera), the marshalling has been professional on all ocassions i've raced there and just incase I didn't get the point across - the track is simply awesome.

Quote :Buckmore park is a great track in kent, in the middle of no-where. It doesnt have much night life near by, and hotels are quite far away. it is the best track on this list but the facilities rule it out

No. 18942573 reporting that Buckmore Park doesn't give great service. It's frequently over subscribed and your rushed in and out, on test days the track is not even open (you get 4 or so slots during the day - even when competing in the nationals just 40 laps in 10 lap blocks to make a setup). Owned by Johnny Herbert, but it's stardome fades there. Sadly it's a business before it's a race track, and it's in the middle of nowhere in the empty corner of the country (the bit the V2 rockets landed on - because it was sacrificeable!).
yea becky, daytona is a great track and i have raced there quite a few times, although we would be looking to have people walking around with cameras, but daytona has no such areas The 1st corner at daytona is just brilliant, and i love the downhill left into the harpin right near the end, such great fun!

i also looked at rye house, but i think im right in saying hoddeson isnt really near anywhere?? ive never been there. The stadium wouldnt be quite so great in a 4 stroke as a 2 stroke lol

ive never done a corprate event at buckmore but im surprised u say its so disorganised, i would have thought otherwise the track is wicked tho.

PS, are u intrested in coming? whilton and daytona are fairly close.
I'm very interested, as long as it's after June 22nd, and not on 7/8/9 July
I'm definitely interested in making is this time. It would depend on time and date and cost and all that though. But put me down as a provisional

(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG