The online racing simulator
If I buy an LFS S2 license, am I entitled to all future LFS releases for no extra $?
If I buy an LFS S2 license, am I entitled to all future LFS releases for no extra charge?
Yes. Until S3 releases.
What kind of time frame are we talking about before S3?
probably couple of years i think lol
but if you buy S2 license when S3 is released you can UPGRADE your S2 account with little amount of money ( i think 12$ )
When you buy S2, everything leading up to, but not including S3 offered.
#6 - bbman
To answer completely:

Up to now, you're able to get ALL updates free of charge, but the content would be limited to your licence status - just like you are driving now with the latest version 0.5Z, but only have 3 cars and 2 tracks at your disposal... I would imagine this will continue, but since Scawen said he might change the pricing (and possibly the format) of S3 this might change in the (distant) future...
Quote from BOSCHO :probably couple of years i think lol
but if you buy S2 license when S3 is released you can UPGRADE your S2 account with little amount of money ( i think 12£ )

Corrected a little bit
its about 15$??
#9 - SamH
People are assuming that, since S1 cost £12, and then S2 cost an extra £12, that S3 will again be £12.

That *may or may not* be true, but either way it hasn't been stated by the developers. It's purely an assumption by the community.

Though it seems like a reasonable assumption, it isn't reasonable at all because we don't know what S3 will contain, what it will be capable of, what WE will be able to do with it etc. Given this, it's actually pretty daft to state that it will cost £12. It's daft to even bother guessing at a number. The only thing we can safely assume is that S3, when it comes, will be purposefully priced to offer good value for money - one thing that is certainly a constant in LFS.

As for the release of S3, nobody knows. In the community we're guessing (and it's purely guesswork) that S2 is going to be another year or two before it's complete. Once S2 is complete, we assume that then, and only then, the devs will begin work on S3.
If you asked people a year or two ago they would have said the same thing. Maybe another year or two (lol) before S2 is done. Here we are a year or two later and still no sign and still saying, just a year or two to go.

Moral of the story don't wait for S3 before you buy and no one has any idea about anything.

Plus you've been here since 2005 so you should know all this.
Thanks for all the info.

And yea, I have been a member since 2005 but only have played the LFS demo(s) here and there. I love the game though and have a lot of fun playing just the demo so I can only imagine how much fun it will be with all of the other tracks and cars in a full copy.
Quote from SamH :People are assuming that, since S1 cost £12, and then S2 cost an extra £12, that S3 will again be £12.

That *may or may not* be true, but either way it hasn't been stated by the developers. It's purely an assumption by the community.

Though it seems like a reasonable assumption, it isn't reasonable at all because we don't know what S3 will contain, what it will be capable of, what WE will be able to do with it etc. Given this, it's actually pretty daft to state that it will cost £12. It's daft to even bother guessing at a number. The only thing we can safely assume is that S3, when it comes, will be purposefully priced to offer good value for money - one thing that is certainly a constant in LFS.

As for the release of S3, nobody knows. In the community we're guessing (and it's purely guesswork) that S2 is going to be another year or two before it's complete. Once S2 is complete, we assume that then, and only then, the devs will begin work on S3.

We assume a lot We don't even know if there will come an S3. We only assume that because we heard there are 3 stages years ago.
Quote from Nathan D. :Thanks for all the info.

And yea, I have been a member since 2005 but only have played the LFS demo(s) here and there. I love the game though and have a lot of fun playing just the demo so I can only imagine how much fun it will be with all of the other tracks and cars in a full copy.

Yeah you will enjoy it, but you are a little late.
All the fun is gone, a lot of good teams are dead by now. The glorious age of of LFS is gone. I hope another age is coming, but right now, it just sucks. Its my opinion
Quote from tiagolapa :Yeah you will enjoy it, but you are a little late.
All the fun is gone, a lot of good teams are dead by now. The glorious age of of LFS is gone. I hope another age is coming, but right now, it just sucks. Its my opinion

Don't listen to this guy, if you like the game it's exactly as enjoyable as it was when this guy thought it was fun. Who gives a shit if some teams are gone, that doesn't change a flipping thing.
Quote from CasseBent :Don't listen to this guy, if you like the game it's exactly as enjoyable as it was when this guy thought it was fun. Who gives a shit if some teams are gone, that doesn't change a flipping thing.

Hi guy
That's only an example. The online now sucks, always the same combos and servers. Always the same bad driving attitude. If you are happy, i'm not. Thanks.
Cya guy
#16 - Byku
So get a team and join some kind of server, i don't have any problems going on a combo I like(leagues, your nation's homeforum etc).
Quote from tiagolapa :Hi guy
That's only an example. The online now sucks, always the same combos and servers. Always the same bad driving attitude. If you are happy, i'm not. Thanks.
Cya guy

maybe where you race, and frankly I can see why, guy.
Quote from CasseBent :maybe where you race, and frankly I can see why, guy.

Tell me why please. ...so? got balls?
Calm down guys.
Everybody can have this own opinion about current status of LF. Some think its great some think its dead.
Quote from tiagolapa :Tell me why please. ...so? got balls?

The way you're acting, you're currently underlining it. What does that have to do with balls and me having them?
Quote from CasseBent :The way you're acting, you're currently underlining it. What does that have to do with balls and me having them?

Because I race the very same servers than you, plus my team server. It looked you implied something. Stay cool

edit: please understand me. I love this SIM. The thread starter joined demo in 2005. In my opinion the older days where the best. He lost a great opportunity to enjoy LFS at its very best.

But join now S2, you will not regret it! Its great value for your money, but I think the online is a little weaker than some years ago. That's my opinion, again.
Sounds good. I'm sure I would have tons of fun with the game so I will probably buy it soon.
Quote from SamH :snip

The only thing we can safely assume is that S3, when it comes, will be purposefully priced to offer good value for money - one thing that is certainly a constant in LFS.

not being disrespective or anything, but with a moderators status, you shouldn't be making such an assumption of the value of still coming product.

In the end it's still the invidual consumer who makes the decision if the product the said consumer bought was value for his/hers money.
Quote from Jonesy_ :not being disrespective or anything, but with a moderators status, you shouldn't be making such an assumption of the value of still coming product.

In the end it's still the invidual consumer who makes the decision if the product the said consumer bought was value for his/hers money.

what

To the OP my advice buy S2 , Ignore the negativity you find here (use the ignore function) find a nice race server, i recommend deadmenracing and LR Racecenter and R2R TBO server, and most importantly have fun
i see dead games.

If I buy an LFS S2 license, am I entitled to all future LFS releases for no extra $?
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG