The online racing simulator
Rigs of Rod
(122 posts, started )
0.36 is ok but i will warn you it has quite a few bugs in it atm although they are bringing in a patch in the next few days
Yes, main bug for me was not being able to load some of the islands. If you have this problem turn vegetation off. Still excellent release though, lots of new stuff to play with
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :yea version 0.29 has been released today.
the nicest new car - a Liebherr Crane.
its a monster

The new version is 0.36? Anyways. That new monstertruck is really cool! you can see everything move etc. FPS is good. Everything high 8x AA etc and it has 50fps. Better then 0.35. This game is good fun when you are bored.
i got a big a... load on my pc, nearly min settings and i get about 15fps at best...
Am liking the new version, especially the proper race circuit.

Shame they haven't included the chinook helis.
I cant wait to figure out how to get the new version to work on xp so I can try lol
love the damage on the cars now! like lfs but more destructive..
Quote from Bose321 :The new version is 0.36? Anyways. That new monstertruck is really cool! you can see everything move etc. FPS is good. Everything high 8x AA etc and it has 50fps. Better then 0.35. This game is good fun when you are bored.

Ummm Bose? That post is 2 1/2 years old.
lol... fun fun can compare to the overall fun of lfs
Quote from piggy501 :Ummm Bose? That post is 2 1/2 years old.

oh lol, I already thought 'wtf, 0.29? what is he talking about'. haha excuse me
lol
Rigs of Rods has gone open source as well. I'm actually working on some differential improvements, and engine improvements in the way that the truck idles. I basically have simulated a torsen differential. If you are completely straight, and dump the clutch, both tires spin. It just gives more torque to the slower wheel, basically. Except, just like a real torsen differential, if one wheel is in the air, then it'll act like an open differential.
I love this little game, I actually started playing it 4 months before I got S2. It's fun when you know how to edit vehicles, all you need is Notepad and some "value knowhow".
I started making reviews of small vehicles that can be used for time trialing on the little mountain track on "Island" map. I will post reviews of cars you can find in ROR and on the ROR repository. I will concentrate on how they behave on the small twisty track. What are their good and bad sides. I am no Stig so the times will not be perfect so I will try to write down the best section times and sum them up to find out what would be a perfect lap.

http://rortopgear.blogspot.com/

I am awaiting your comments If someone is willing to write his/her own review or challenge the lap time I will be happy to put in on my blogspot.
this game is so much fun, too bad the multiplayer crashes all the time
Just discovered this game, and it fascinates me!
Tomorrow I'll try it.
I used to try and see how fast I could hit the ground in the big prop plane, causing as much damage as possible, without it breaking up beforehand. One little trick I used was full forward elevator deflection, combined with full aileron deflection once pointed vertical. Somehow the plane was a lot stronger when pulling negative G's.

I would also take a car/truck or two in the cargo bay and drop it from high altitude, then go find it on the ground and survey the damage.

Other times I tried to see how much damage I could do to the plane (from overspeeding and hitting stuff) while maintaining the ability to fly.

I know, I'm such a geek. :nerd:
Hey, happens to everyone who tries out Rigs of Rods.
Quote from Forbin :
I would also take a car/truck or two in the cargo bay and drop it from high altitude, then go find it on the ground and survey the damage.

I downloaded a trebuchet for it a while ago - a big counterweighted catapult that can throw a car a couple of hundred metres. That was a lot of fun chucking stuff about.
Crash tests are awesome in RoR, especially some mods are amazing! Everything bends in a rather as realistic way as it can nowadays! I would like thos physics in LFS .
Quote from Byku :Crash tests are awesome in RoR, especially some mods are amazing! Everything bends in a rather as realistic way as it can nowadays! I would like thos physics in LFS .

LFS cars do bend into those sort of angles

Rigs of Rod
(122 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG