The online racing simulator
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :

This picture is great. Some color tweakin, even if it might not be quite that realistic, and it would be perfect for desctop background. By color tweaking I mean more and stronger colors, or it will somewhat look plain on the desctop.

Neverthles your shots are great and of high standards.

Trying new style.. over editing, over coloring..
Attached images
IMG_2332.jpg
Quote from The Very End :This picture is great. Some color tweakin, even if it might not be quite that realistic, and it would be perfect for desctop background. By color tweaking I mean more and stronger colors, or it will somewhat look plain on the desctop.

Neverthles your shots are great and of high standards.

Cheers, I'll give it a go tonight when I get back in, but I'll be using GIMP and I have limited knowledge on how to do things, but trial and error is always a good option……..unless it’s a heart bypass operation. I shot that in JPEG so limited to what I can do, might go out again tonight and shoot a few more in RAW
Excellent mate, keep us informed and post pictures when they are ready
Ok fianly work is over that means 10 days left till i leave this country so today i got a haircut and put my sunnies on and went for a strol with the Mrs through my estate.

More or less un eddited just a quick highlights and shadows as i had my PL filter on today so shadows were over
egsadurated (idk how to spell)

And here is the damage i was talking about on my poor cam.

Cant wait to get that fixed it does not seem to do anything to the cam at all bar stop my using my New flash :cry:
Quote from majod :great sharp photos and if you want to reach the top edge of racing photo awesomeness, try putting cars somewhere else than to the middle of each picture...different compositions and may i ask which 70-200 lens did you use?

impossible with the shitty focusing my camera/lens offer. if i choose any other than the middle focusing point, it doesnt work. with only the middle one, it sometimes manages to focus properly - of course it never works at the best moment though (attached example - rautenbach nearly going off).

im using prime canon 200/2.8 L, which is why the car is cropped in the attached photo..
Attached images
ihatecanon.jpg
by the looks of it i can just buy another attachment thingy and screw it on and this is china i should be able to get anything here for Fook all hehe feeling a little better about it now lol.
http://www.conraderb.com/flashrepair/
I hope you get your camera fixed.

Pics from me again:
Attached images
IMG_3155 copy.jpg
IMG_2718.jpg
IMG_3165 copy.jpg
IMG_3238 copy.jpg
Great pics Tomba, very vibrant colours and crisp images
what's going on in the second pic? is that editing or what, it looks like a painting to me lol
Quote from oli17 :it looks like a painting to me lol

Nice, think it as a painting then..
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Nice, think it as a painting then..

it's always hard to judge the tone of peoples posts, so i'm not sure if you're pissed or not, but it wasn't a criticism, it actually looks kinda cool.
Quote from oli17 :it's always hard to judge the tone of peoples posts, so i'm not sure if you're pissed or not, but it wasn't a criticism, it actually looks kinda cool.

Hah what? pissed?
Just said if you understand the meaning of the pic better by thinking it's a painting then you should think that's a painting.
Not getting pissed off from something like that, no worries.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Hah what? pissed?
Just said if you understand the meaning of the pic better by thinking it's a painting then you should think that's a painting.
Not getting pissed off from something like that, no worries.

cool, now we got that settled, how did u get it like that? was it photoshop, a setting on the camera or did it just happen that way?
Quote from oli17 :cool, now we got that settled, how did u get it like that? was it photoshop, a setting on the camera or did it just happen that way?

Photoshop, usually these kind of pics are boring without some photoshopping
Quote from Don :impossible with the shitty focusing my camera/lens offer. if i choose any other than the middle focusing point, it doesnt work. with only the middle one, it sometimes manages to focus properly - of course it never works at the best moment though (attached example - rautenbach nearly going off).

im using prime canon 200/2.8 L, which is why the car is cropped in the attached photo..

Tried predictive manual focus? You'd miss a lot to start off but you pick it up surprisingly quickly. Great shots as usual, and I know your pain--I have to use center point AF on my Pentax most of the time as well.
p.s., what kind of stew is that in the pot? looks delicious...
i didn't try it yet, i'd imagine it would be quite hard to use on moving objects + sequences...

and not sure if you are talking about this photo, but if yes - thats special rally pasta - put everything you find in - ham, cheese, sausage, more cheese, tuna fish etc. tasted interesting
Quote from Don :i didn't try it yet, i'd imagine it would be quite hard to use on moving objects + sequences...

and not sure if you are talking about this photo, but if yes - thats special rally pasta - put everything you find in - ham, cheese, sausage, more cheese, tuna fish etc. tasted interesting

rofl i have the same pot always with me when i travell somewhere seems it was quetly popular...some time ago...

i watched exifs on your photos in fxif and noticed always 70 and 200mm so i thought it's 70-200 its pain in the ass shooting a race with prime lens, i know that feeling, i was once shooting motocross race with 50/1,4 and its not very comfortable...

and is 350D really so inaccurate?
i never find my 450d shots are that sharp but i think thats more down to the quality of glass, i really need o get job and start spending a bit more on lenses
Quote from Don :i didn't try it yet, i'd imagine it would be quite hard to use on moving objects + sequences...

Well, it is and it isn't... I actually did my first motorsports shoot with an old manual focus Tokina 70-210mm f/3.5, and the results were surprisingly good. One of the shots was the first shot I got into the official Pentax Photo Gallery, though admittedly it's a wide shot and not the sort of semi-closeup you mostly shoot.

Here's what I got from that event (my first time shooting moving objects w/ a manual lens, and basically the first session I had with a dSLR in these conditions--challenging lighting too):

http://deadwolfbones.smugmug.com/gallery/3617353_oZS2N
Quote from james12s :i never find my 450d shots are that sharp but i think thats more down to the quality of glass, i really need o get job and start spending a bit more on lenses

photo sharpness is more matter of post processing...photoshop provides great ways how to sharpen your photos and it is very recommended for resized photos...small example of mountain pano resized to 1200px without and with sharpening

for sharpening of raw images i recommend captureone which has one of best methods in field...i find it much better than lightroom sharpening

http://majod.photo-frame.com/ex/

check opened in tabs...also very helpful is setting your sharpness level in camera settings - not sure if 450D have those but probably do
Yes, 450D has sharpenning setting inside the menu.
The way for best sharper photo especially on 450D is the RAW. JPEG files are quite soft and when you crank up the sharpness for JPEG it looks bad then.

Also there can be really huge difference between the sharpness when you use prime or zoom at same focal lenght. Also there is big difference between the consumer lenses and prosumer lenses like Canon L lenses.

I see quite big differences in sharpness between the 50mm 1.8 and 18-55mm II IS at 50mm and same aperture.

Don,
nice photos. I see you really did a big progress.
ah ok thanks guys ill give that a try, i think i could do with getting a coulpe more large cards and shoot jpeg+raw when i do the karting stuff

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG