The online racing simulator
Quote from VECCHIONI :2. Conduct
c. If a driver has attained any measure of overlap, you may consider your defensive maneuver to have failed and must allow room for that car on the course.

What exactly do you consider a measure of overlap? Maybe going 7-8 mph, faster then them? I am sorry deko, I do not mean to argue, but if this is how you are going to do it by the rules then please explain to me how they are following the rules stated...

LMAO! No, that means if you are beside someone. Going faster than someone, while still behind them, is not overlap.
Quote from PMD9409 :LMAO! No, that means if you are beside someone. Going faster than someone, while still behind them, is not overlap.

actually I do no see where it says what you talk about...I simply see where it says ANY measure.....
Quote :The Safety car is the only thing that I think didn't get hit by anyone.

Check again, after the finish line the safety car is struck from behind

Quote :What exactly do you consider a measure of overlap? Maybe going 7-8 mph, faster then them? I am sorry deko, I do not mean to argue, but if this is how you are going to do it by the rules then please explain to me how they are following the rules stated...

Overlap is exactly what it says it is, overlap between two side by side cars. Every series has it's own rules on what is considered sufficient overlap.

Most series define overlap as the front of the inside car being level with the drivers head of the outside car. From that point onwards the inside car is deemed to have 'sufficient overlap' for the move, from behind that point the outside car is deemed to have the line.

I do not know the rules of this event as I was not part of it, and I only saw your accident on the last 10 lap you tube video, so i'm ill equipped to judge - from a spectators perspective it looks like you got your nose on the inside of the rear wheels of the car ahead. In most series that would not be sufficient overlap, and a move which whilst watching I put down to driver inexperience of the chasing [your] car.

If the rules of the event say otherwise regarding the move, then that's all fair, in the rules of most series however as a steward i'd just leave that one without feeling the need to apply any penalty.

No other factor of strategy or intent is rellevent, a move is judged just on the move itself: Did the inside car have sufficient overlap to have the corner; or did the outside car have right of way.
#179 - CSF
That was the rescue car Becky.
Quote from CSF :That was the rescue car Becky.

*scratches head*

I have it downloaded now I intend to watch it soon, then I maybe will know what you're talking about
Can't download it faster than 50kb/s
Quote from VECCHIONI :actually I do no see where it says what you talk about...I simply see where it says ANY measure.....

Overlap is when your front wheel, has met the leading drivers rear wheel. It does not mean a car is going faster then the other.
Quote from Becky Rose :*scratches head*

I have it downloaded now I intend to watch it soon, then I maybe will know
what you're talking about

I (sc) got spectated automatically right after the leaders had finished. Besides I'm not big enough fool to get my arse on track for no reason...

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Can't download it faster than 50kb/s

Buy more internets. 5$ a box.

I get my usual 100 kb/s, some people say they get 1,5 mb/s.

Quote from racer hero :Overlap is when your front wheel, has met the leading drivers rear wheel. It does not mean a car is going faster then the other.

Not true. It varies. Check rules for each series on how sufficient overlap is defined.
Quote from hyntty :
Buy more internets. 5$ a box.

I get my usual 100 kb/s, some people say they get 1,5 mb/s.

8 Mbit should be enough.
EDIT: It's faster now... ~300 kb/s
Quote from hyntty :Not true. It varies. Check rules for each series on how sufficient overlap is defined.

But when it is not explained, this is the common understanding.
Quote from dekojester :I'm going to be perfectly honest here.

All this whining, complaining, arguing, and whatever else you want to call it is just purely silly. I'm sorry, this is all pissing me off. I pretty much thought that everyone drove like crap on Saturday. EVERYONE did at least one thing wrong. Everyone hit something or someone else during the day. The Safety car is the only thing that I think didn't get hit by anyone. What I saw on track, a lot of it, was not something I'd want the over 500 some odd viewers we had to see. It was abysmal.

Now I have to spend more of my time going through every person's race, to get everything we missed. Because of this, the results are HIGHLY provisional. I'm sorry, but I was not happy with the race, I was disappointed in the quality of driving shown from almost every driver, from those with little experience to those with the most. Way too much stuff that was uncalled for. I found it quite appalling.

A still not happy dekojester.

You guys better watch out!!!!

Deko will release his killer Crickets soon
Watching now Go go Kid!!
Quote from racer hero :But when it is not explained, this is the common understanding.

Just to clarify an unclear point from your posts, the most common is to get the front of the car in line with the drivers head on the grounds that this is the extent of peripheral vision (in RL anyway). Getting your nose infront of the rear wheels isnt sufficient overlap in most series and the outside car is perfectly entitled to slam the door shut on you. What's most common in oval racing however I do not know.
Watching now, fixed rewinds. Go Texas!
Oh look, theres no moar me after lap 23...
:sadbanana
Quote from Becky Rose :Just to clarify an unclear point from your posts, the most common is to get the front of the car in line with the drivers head on the grounds that this is the extent of peripheral vision (in RL anyway). Getting your nose infront of the rear wheels isnt sufficient overlap in most series and the outside car is perfectly entitled to slam the door shut on you. What's most common in oval racing however I do not know.

I said front WHEEL to rear WHEEL. Which would make the front of the car at the drivers head. We are agreeing with eachother!
Err the drivers head isnt at the same place as the rear wheel IIRC :P
Quote from racer hero :I said front WHEEL to rear WHEEL. Which would make the front of the car at the drivers head.

That makes me confused.
Quote from danthebangerboy :That makes me confused.

The front of the car is not the front wheel.

Quote from evilpimp :Err the drivers head isnt at the same place as the rear wheel IIRC :P

And the front wheel is not the same place as the front of the car IIRC :P
Ahhh I see what you mean!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG