The online racing simulator
#51 - JJ72
I am looking forward to this one, Rubens is always fast in Silverstone, quali could spring some surprise.
Quote from Danny LFS :
2008 Fastest lap of the race: 1:32.150 (Kimi Raikkonen)
2008 Pole Postion: 1:21.049 (Heikki Kovalainen)

Quote from tinvek :had a really strange dream last night, hamilton was challenging button for the lead at silverstone with murray walker comentating when they all stopped whilst a giant dog sniffed the cars with murray's voice going supersonic describing it

result of watching an advert when i've had a few to drink

I think it would be really nice to have Murray commentate the British GP with Brundle
Quote from bbman :I think you once again saw what was pretty apparent in Monaco - the Red Bull seems to have an incredible aero package, but it just doesn't have the mechanical grip that makes the Brawns so superior...

also christian horner mentioned that the rb aero doesnt cope too well with dirty air... i believe he described it as "just horrible"
I really really want Hamilton to come back to the top half of the grid, at the very least.

And for the Button topic, it's impossible for anyone to catch up to him now, so I'm not betting for anyone else winning the WDC. However, I agree with the others to give him a fight. Vettel isn't exactly giving him one..
Vettel can't exactly give him a fight in a car half as good, not only that but he is pushing over his limit because the car seems like it can fight with the Brawn which it clearly can't and Webber is capitalising on this, thats why the two Redbull drivers are soo close on the points table.

Barrichello is soo far out of it I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes this season 4th.
Barrichello has the experience and consistency to stick to 2nd. Vettel is still testing his own limits, and will definitely make more mistakes.

Brawn and Button like to understate their car's performance, always saying something like how the rest of the field isn't so far behind, how Button isn't happy, etc. It's a BS ploy for their future sponsors. The Brawn is comfortably superior to any other car on the grid, and every driver and team knows it. Only wet races give it any trouble, but even in the wet, it's still faster than all but the RBR.
Quote from samjh :Barrichello has the experience and consistency to stick to 2nd. Vettel is still testing his own limits, and will definitely make more mistakes.

Brawn and Button like to understate their car's performance, always saying something like how the rest of the field isn't so far behind, how Button isn't happy, etc. It's a BS ploy for their future sponsors. The Brawn is comfortably superior to any other car on the grid, and every driver and team knows it. Only wet races give it any trouble, but even in the wet, it's still faster than all but the RBR.

Exactly and then everyone does Button vs Vettel comparisons when it clearly isn't fair.

Hopefully, Adrian Newey will kick into overdrive mid season like he did with the Mclaren in 05 and get back in the hunt.
Quote from evilpimp :I'm not bashing him, just saying that I'd rather see him win with a challenge then see him win with no competition at all.

He has opposition. Barrichello drives the same car.
Quote from hyntty :He has opposition. Barrichello drives the same car.

so does Barrichello(Ross Brawn)
Quote from hyntty :He has opposition. Barrichello drives the same car.

Did they even ever battle it out on the track??? Apart from pit stops and strategies?

Quote from Mustafur :so does Barrichello(Ross Brawn)

Exactly lol.
Well, that shows just that Button is better of the two.

Hardly his fault.
No-one's suggesting it's Button's fault.

The problem isn't Button's performance, or even the Brawn's performance. It's the lack of performance from the other cars. There are lots of drivers pushing their cars to the thin edges of their performance envelope, but no other car is fast enough to mount a firm challenge against the Brawns.
Quote from samjh :No-one's suggesting it's Button's fault.

The problem isn't Button's performance, or even the Brawn's performance. It's the lack of performance from the other cars. There are lots of drivers pushing their cars to the thin edges of their performance envelope, but no other car is fast enough to mount a firm challenge against the Brawns.

Thank you, exactly what I'm saying.

Timo, Timo, Timo. I never said it was Button's fault. Just suggested it would be more fun to see him win if he had a challenge.
Quote from Intrepid :http://www.formula1.com/video/race_edits.html

Watch Turkey Race edit. Hamilton's radio cracked me up! ALmost sounds like it was recorded post race!

"This is Hamilton, I can't even keep up with the frickin Renault infront of me, my tyres have gone off, I'm heavier than a frickin boat!"

"Not a lot to say really"

Classic
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :"This is Hamilton, I can't even keep up with the frickin Renault infront of me, my tyres have gone off, I'm heavier than a frickin boat!"

"Not a lot to say really"

Classic

He actually says This is embrarrasing, not this is hamilton.. lol

But what does the engineer say to him after he says "not a lot to say really"?
Quote from BenjiMC :He actually says This is embrarrasing, not this is hamilton.. lol

You have better hearing than me, it's hilarious either way though. I wish I had heard that live, but my employers seem to think it's funny to make me work through every major sporting event this year.
I don't think that was broadcasted live... Very nice though
Quote from BenjiMC :He actually says This is embrarrasing, not this is hamilton.. lol

Sounds like "you'll probably breeze it anyway ..." ... ?
Quote from dawguk :Sounds like "you'll probably breeze it anyway ..." ... ?

To my ears the radio guy says "Not a lot to say, really." But yeah, the Hamilton quote is funny. I hope to see him in a better car in the future, as it was fun to watch him attacking the track.
Quote from DarkTimes :To my ears the radio guy says "Not a lot to say, really." But yeah, the Hamilton quote is funny. I hope to see him in a better car in the future, as it was fun to watch him attacking the track.

Yeah, he says that but he says somthing afterwards. I thought i hear a **** in there tbh
I think perhaps even McLaren might forgive him for swearing on radio.

Some years ago, I seem to remember Nick Heidfeld giving someone a finger (JPM?), then his engineer comes on radio and says, "Err.. Nick, you're on TV".
Quote from samjh :Some years ago, I seem to remember Nick Heidfeld giving someone a finger (JPM?), then his engineer comes on radio and says, "Err.. Nick, you're on TV".

Video, please! That sounds hilarious.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG