The online racing simulator
2009 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix
Race Date: 21st June 2009
Number of Laps: 60
Circuit Length: 5.141 m (3.194 miles)
Race Distance: 308.355 km
Lap Record: 1:18.739 by Michael Schumacher (2004)

2008 Race Results:

1st Lewis Hamilton
2nd Nick Heidfeld
3rd Rubens Barrichello
4th Kimi Raikkonen
5th Heikki Kovalainen
6th Fernando Alonso
7th Jarno Trulli
8th Kazuki Nakajima
9th Nico Rosberg
10th Mark Webber
11th Sebastien Bourdais
12th Timo Glock
13th Felipe Massa

Retired Drivers:

Robert Kubica
Jenson Button
Nelsinho Piquet
Giancarlo Fisichella
Adrian Sutil
Sebastian Vettel
David Coulthard

2008 Fastest lap of the race: 1:32.150 (Kimi Raikkonen)
2008 Pole Postion: 1:21.049 (Heikki Kovalainen)

PS: I know it's early but I had to make a thread about this, at long last...
I want somebody other than Button to win. Barrichello would be nice, but Brawn is quickly becoming the new Ferrari. Webber or Vettel would be nice, or a Toyota.

By the way, the F1 thread 'war' is a little bit stupid. It doesn't matter who makes the threads, and it doesn't matter when they are made. The best time to make them is the day after the last race in my opinion, so that any developments (such as car updates), which happen soon after the previous race are in the most up to date thread... because car updates don't matter in the past, because they weren't there.
#3 - samjh
You're only 13 days early.

Intelligent conversation about the British GP for 13 days? I'm not putting down any money on that.
Ok this is getting stupid.
Oh shut up... Who cares if its made 2 days before the race or 2 months before. At least if someone feels like talking about the coming race they can. And sam, it's people like you that make it stupid 13 days before. There are things you can talk about this early like your predictions.

I smell a lot of rain and Hamilton domination again, even owning Button. :P After winning by 30 seconds last year with a good car, he might have a chance in a bad car :P. I think the Button's gunna get a gearbox problem (like Rubens did) and will have trouble (about time) and it'll be a dogfight between Vettel and Hamilton for the win.
i kinda hope it does rain but will regret it being there lol. I don't want button to win again tbh, it's getting boringly like 04 and 02.
Unless Brawn fixes their trouble getting heat in the tires I don't see them doing well in the rain lol. So hopefully they wont fix it and Vettel will win again . Yes I'm what you may call a Vettel Fanboy.
No matter how much any of us don't want it to happen, I think Button is gonna win this one hands down.
why dont ferrari use their veto and ban all the aerodynamics on that brawn ??? now that the FOTA exist it should be pretty damn easy ! im sure the other teams would agree because they also want to win... dont they ?

oh, to devildare. KIMI FTW !!!!

yes... that shows how much i love you
I'm losing threadz. :sadbanana
Anyway, I hope Button win his home grand prix.
(Yeah, I'm such a boring guy. )
are these cars any good in the rain? i thought the onlly wet race was red flagged. if it rains it'll be interesting, but the last time i said to someone i hope it rains was just before malaysia, so i'm not making that mistake again!
Quote from oli17 :are these cars any good in the rain? i thought the onlly wet race was red flagged. if it rains it'll be interesting, but the last time i said to someone i hope it rains was just before malaysia, so i'm not making that mistake again!

Fair helping of FAIL detected.

Malaysia was a fricken monsoon.

China was very wet, they still raced until the end, Vettel won.

Nice memory you got there
oh yeah, i forget things
Quote from spiderbait90 :I want somebody other than Button to win. Barrichello would be nice, but Brawn is quickly becoming the new Ferrari. Webber or Vettel would be nice, or a Toyota.

I promise that if Button wins, I won't watch F1 anymore. Not to see the next Michael Schumacher dominating the category.
#15 - DeKo
hope button wins. fair enough he is winning everything the same as schumacher was, but button isnt a total cock, so its fine by me.

Quote from Danny LFS :I promise that if Button wins, I won't watch F1 anymore. Not to see the next Michael Schumacher dominating the category.

I quite simply dont believe you.
it'll be different next season, right now Brawn are just using the car Honda spent 1 and a half years developing, they'll need to develop their own next season
Quote from oli17 :it'll be different next season, right now Brawn are just using the car Honda spent 1 and a half years developing, they'll need to develop their own next season

McLaren rode on Newey's concepts for years winning a championship. If the car is fundamentally good and there isn't any major rule changes I can EASILY see next year being very similar. Only Ferrari I think can close the gap next year.
#18 - 5haz
Quote from Danny LFS :I promise that if Button wins, I won't watch F1 anymore.

Oh no! Please carry on watching F1, my life depends on you watching F1.

I propose they make Button get out of his car and spin round on the spot 10 times at every pit stop.
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
Quote from 5haz :Oh no! Please carry on watching F1, my life depends on you watching F1.

Lol srsly?
Aslong as its a Brit on the top step ill be happy. Don't want to hear the Kraut anthem.
Kimi FTB

Brawn will win by a country mile. Next!
#23 - 5haz
C'mon, at least let Button have his home GP.
Quote :why dont ferrari use their veto and ban all the aerodynamics on that brawn ??? now that the FOTA exist it should be pretty damn easy ! im sure the other teams would agree because they also want to win... dont they ?

They tried it at the start of the season, there was something about a diffuser that they didn't like. Then Benetton tried to get their prize money annulled. Currently they're too distracted trying to save themselves from major restructuring to argue with each other - but once they've finished fighting the FIA they'll be at each others throats again.

I would like to see the other teams stepping it up a little and challenging Brawn. I'm not too fussed who wins as long as i'm entertained as a fan, although I do think Button has had quite enough trophies for now - but I can't fault what he's doing and moan about him like I could with Schumacher. It's annoying that somebody I never much liked and always rated as mediochre has suddenly transformed into a good driver in a good car because with every trophy he's making me look an idiot - bah humbug.
Once again as in every F1 thread , Webber all the way .

Or in the unexpected event that a javelin thrown from a UFO kebabs' his skull i will go for Vettel..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG