The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
Anyone who thought that any game on the planet would have 10 000 vehicles is a moron. Full stop.

(especially if they only had time to finish 340 for the release)
If that's real, that is a large list of cars - the only thing I could think of to test it that it didn't have was a Thurner RS. It even has a Trabant. MRT5? In it.

If it involves downloading content, as it appears to, I've not plugged a games console in to the internets, and find it difficult to be bothered. Besides, the physics will be rubbish. And I'm not touching the PS3 when it retails at almost twice the price of the X360. Prices get more and more "licence to print money" with every round of new hardware, and they produce even wackier release date apartheid bullsh*t. Wasn't it the blue ray disc drives or something? Normally for software they spin some rubbish about translating it, when they could simply release it in English only bearing in mind the only langauges they ever do are French and German. For comedy value it would be funny to hear some games in wacky languages.
i don't care how many cars it has, i'm tired of sony pushing the release date back... this would be the only game i'd probably buy the expensive ps3 for, so for me, it's a win-win situation... i save myself $500 and sony gets a big F.U.
Well, i will be buying it when it finally gets released, i don't care if it hasn't got the best physics (thats what LFS is for...), it'll still be a cracking thumb twiddling title
Quote from duke_toaster :
If it involves downloading content, as it appears to, I've not plugged a games console in to the internets, and find it difficult to be bothered.

Then you're lazy as it is piss easy, as most consoles auto-do it.

Quote from duke_toaster :
Besides, the physics will be rubbish. And I'm not touching the PS3 when it retails at almost twice the price of the X360.

That's because you get more with the PS3... like a larger hard drive, wireless internet, and you're guaranteed to not haffto buy 3 before the next generation due to red-ring victims.
#31 - Jakg
Quote from J@tko :Heck even JakG's car is in there

Quote from That Site :Proton Savvy ‘05
Proton Wira/Satria 3Door ‘04
Proton Satira Neo 1.6 [M/T] ‘07
Proton Satria 1.8 GTi ‘01
Proton Wira/Putra Coupe ‘03
Proton Wira Sedan ‘04
Proton Wira 5Door ‘05
Proton Gen2 5Door ‘05
Proton Saga ‘04
Proton Waja/Impian ‘04
Proton Waja/Impian BTCC Touring Car ‘02
Proton Perdana ‘04
Proton Juara Micro Van ‘04
Proton Arena Pickup ‘04
Proton Iswara Sedan ‘04
Proton Waja Chancellor ‘06

OH LAWD!

The Satria GTi and Putra (also known as the Proton Coupe in England) should be a laugh, i'd imagine the rest would be shit tbh.

Would be interested to know how realistic the Wira is though :P And what engine is in it for that matter... (i.e. if it's the 1.5, 1.6 or the rareish 1.8 SRi)

And god knows who'd want to drive the Areana (Jumbuck) or Juara!
Did you guys really think there would be 10000 cars at one point? Even 5000 at that level would require more gb than blu-ray can hold imo. It just isn't possible.

Also, I wonder if Ferrari will be in the game. Don't they have something against games which damage their cars of something? Really not sure about this though.

Btw, the rally in this game will probably be as realistic as the rally in dirt 2 (if not more).
#33 - CSU1
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Then you're lazy as it is piss easy, as most consoles auto-do it.

That's because you get more with the PS3... like a larger hard drive, wireless internet, and you're guaranteed to not haffto buy 3 before the next generation due to red-ring victims.

Agreed, stop being lazy and plug in teh cable

The PS scores high on functionality like internal wi-fi and high deff DVD player but for me Sony's build quality let's it down hugely which was also true with the xbox at the start with the three ring thingamee's but the now it's cheap as chips and keeps on going.

Obviously Microsoft's Xbox 360 is the best choice when the PS3 weighs aprox. 20kg and the flimsey controlls that come with the console have the same sort of power cable that is bundleld with cheap electronic shite like $10 HD videocamera's.

Give me GT5 on the Xbox and i'll play it
Quote from shashdev :Did you guys really think there would be 10000 cars at one point? Even 5000 at that level would require more gb than blu-ray can hold imo. It just isn't possible.

Also, I wonder if Ferrari will be in the game. Don't they have something against games which damage their cars of something? Really not sure about this though.

Btw, the rally in this game will probably be as realistic as the rally in dirt 2 (if not more).

Ferrari were on Forza 1 & 2 - both of which featured pretty extreme damage as far as fender bending goes, so I don't think they'd mind.

And by as realistic as dirt, you mean arcade?
I'm thinking about getting a Rennsport wheel stand for my Fanatec 911 Turbo, purely for this release. I really cannot wait to get my hands on a copy of GT5 when it is finally released!
I'll stick with Forza 3 but that list is soooo huge!
Quote from mcintyrej :And by as realistic as dirt, you mean arcade?

First one to understand the sarcasm. Have a freakin' cookie.
crap finally a game comes that includes suzuki sx4 WRC, and i cant get it.
altrought i still think forza 3 is better. the video of gt5 didnt just ''do the trick''
Quote from BigPeBe :Fook me. :doh:

Didn't actually realise that the list was so huge. I just went straight to the Fords and found all my dream cars in there.

Well the good thing is that when this very likely isn't going to get released on PC, it still doesn't make me buy PS3 just for the Fords and Opels...

I've still got hope that there will be some kias in gt5
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!!! LOLOLLOLOLOLOL

How cool is that! It will be funny to race that thing on a track.

And it's not an SUV btw.

edit: just saw these lol

Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L 4WD 2Door ‘01
Jeep Grand Cherokee ‘93
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ‘99
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 2WD ‘04
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD ‘04 <<<<< Yay
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD Hemi ‘05
Jeep Crand Cherokee 5.9 Limited ‘06 <<<<< wtf that doesn't even exist, if its the '98 then i will definatly buy it!!!
Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD ‘06
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 ‘06 <<<<<< OMG
Jeep Commander Limited 5.7L Hemi ‘06

/Jeep fanboyism

eat that FM3!
Bah... I need to buy a PS3 so I can play this game, because I really looking forward to it!
Gt games has never been on the top when speaking about realism, but they have been great fun and somewhat rewarding. Also the setup options is not that big either, but enough to customize your vechicle some. (no I am not talking about spoilers and such, the setup of the car, like wing options and such). Also the car upgrade shop has allways been pretty "complete" in my eyes. No need for superfancy stuff, but you got the normal things like gears, tyres, engine, body veight and other stuff, simple but enough to be entertained.

GT5 has probally the nicest looking racing game graphics out there, but are not on top in the other cathegories. What it scores on is that it has much of everything, making most people pleased regardless of what kind of racing they like.
Quote from J@tko :http://www.zerotohundred.com/n ... f-cars-3.html#post2502418

FAIL.

For anyone who missed this there won't be 10,000 cars in the game or anything like it:

Quote :According to reports on the web this morning (that have now been found out to be fake), Sony was reported to have announced that no less then 1000 cars would be in GT5.

The full Gran Turismo 5 car list was said to consist of 10000 cars but at the game's launch (looking like next year) there would only be 340 cars. The rest would then be released via downloadable content said the source.

Sony has told its ThreeSpeech blog that, "Despite news articles claiming that 'SCEI/Polyphony Digital' have made an official announcement with regards to GT5 featuring 1000 vehicles, we can confirm that this is pure speculation. It would appear that the list is a mixture of vehicles that were included in previous GT titles, coupled with somebody's own fantasy garage.

"Further details about GT5 will be announced in due course, but for the moment at least, we can confirm that the current car list/speculation, does not come from SCE."

:chairfall

Can't believe some people actually bought that car list being real. Someone has just copy pasted the list of every car, I mean it has about 50 different GAZs, Ladas and so many almost identical cars. Has 9 MRT variations for example. It's so ridiculous I can't believe there are idiots thinking that would be the list Sony had wanted if it would be even possible to have that many cars.

Too bad for the KIA fans too, people who like beige have never been so much disappointed.
LOL

Dammit
I was quite pleased that there was a decent selection of Mazda 323s on there, but now I'm disappointed. Still crossing my fingers that the list had to come from somewhere. Especially with the way Sony's stuff was leaked in advance of this year's E3.
Quote from Dajmin :I was quite pleased that there was a decent selection of Mazda 323s on there, but now I'm disappointed. Still crossing my fingers that the list had to come from somewhere. Especially with the way Sony's stuff was leaked in advance of this year's E3.

The link says it was the result of a group of forum users putting together a 'dream garage'.
Well maybe, but why would anyone's "dream garage" have such a collection of lame cars in there?
Either way, 340 cars... do we need more?
I canot think of the need for even 300 cars, 100 cars would be enough to satisfy me
Quote from Dajmin :Well maybe, but why would anyone's "dream garage" have such a collection of lame cars in there?

There are a lot of people who like crap cars?

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG