The online racing simulator
gcse ocr resistant materials
(394 posts, started )
#276 - STF
Firefox has a spell checker built-in.
For Opera you can find one here (install this, then this).
For IE.. here.

I personally don`t use any, it somehow became second nature pressing shift with the left little finger.
Most of the time i can`t be arsed looking at "your" punctuation, because when i scan the text, i try reading 1-2 rows at a time(still working on my fast reading skills ).

Subvocalising words makes your reading slower, not punctuation, so basically it`s your fault.
I'm not much for sigs, but if I was, it'd probably be this:

Quote from tristancliffe :...you'll probably find that horses judge one another on things like horseyness

or this:

Quote from Timdpr :
You have all the appeal of a paper cut.

Best thread ever.
This may sound like childish off topic nonesense but its funny how folk that have been here for a while and probably are not going anywhere get away with insulting other forum members.

For example, Sam calling earmelon a bastard.
Many other people get away with similar incidents.

But someone like me who isn't very well known around gets an infraction for calling one a faggot !?
Why? Why isn't everyone treated the same??

Please reply maturely and answer my question.
Quote from 91mason91 :This may sound like childish off topic nonesense but its funny how folk that have been here for a while and probably are not going anywhere get away with insulting other forum members.

For example, Sam calling earmelon a bastard.
Many other people get away with similar incidents.

But someone like me who isn't very well known around gets an infraction for calling one a faggot !?
Why? Why isn't everyone treated the same??

Please reply maturely and answer my question.

that is because earmelon WAS a bastard. Calling people names for no reason is mean, but with certain people it is kind of par for the course (not mentioning any names)
Bringing up an infraction in a totally different thread is not going to get you anywhere.

Mods do the best they can at the time, they may not seem consistent at times but, meh, it's not like they are paid for this.

You got an infraction, deal with and move on.
Best thread ever!
Quote from mookie427 :that is because earmelon WAS a bastard. Calling people names for no reason is mean, but with certain people it is kind of par for the course (not mentioning any names)

But is he really? A bastard is a person born from unmarried parents, and at no point do I think earmelon has mentioned or even hinted that he is a genuine bastard. I think Sam was just using bastard as an unnescessary insult just as 91mason91 did, so both should be punished together, or neither suffer at all. And what Sam is it? If it is SamH, surely insulting members and getting away with it as a moderator is even worse as he is supposed to be preventing poor behaviour, not using it which, if it goes unpunished, could be seen as promoting such behaviour?

However I write this having not seen either post, so sorry if I am wrong and offend anyone.
Quote from piggy501 :But is he really? A bastard is a person born from unmarried parents, and at no point do I think earmelon has mentioned or even hinted that he is a genuine bastard.

pedantic to the point of me wanting to kill something...
earmelon was a complete moron. Don't take my word for it, though, read his posts and see for yourself. As for calling him a bastard, it's unlikely I'd call any of you lot a bastard (except in fun, and expect similar back of course).

Since earmelon was simply a temporary affliction on this forum, never to return, I didn't have a problem calling him a bastard - especially given the number of reported posts we received about him. Nor (as I trust you'll note) did I take issue with anyone calling HIM the same, or worse. The reaction on the forum was exactly what one would have expected, to such an odious little git.
Phew, looks like I missed the shitstorm.

My 2€ (Inflation kicked in.)

dadge - If you didn't care, you wouldn't post here.

earmelon - Oh what would this forum be without the excentric and extreme attention whores.

On english - Yes, it is rather controversial to see native speakers write incorrectly, while some of the non-native speakers do it right. Might have a thing or two to do with the non-natives trying to blend into a community, and to prevent being judged and instantly labelled with stereotypes.

Meh, was well worth the read. My vote goes to this thread in TOTY.
Quote from Fuse5 :
On english - Yes, it is rather controversial to see native speakers write incorrectly, while some of the non-native speakers do it right.

its called irony.

Strikes just went you thought the lulz was over.
you might want to correct the grammar in that post bud.
Quote from dadge :you might want to correct the grammar in that post bud.

nah, i have always been boarderline understandable.

it works so why try to fix it ?
exactly.
Quote from theirishnoob :nah, i have always been boarderline understandable.

Yeah, too bad.

More effort next time, please, so we can't understand your nonsense.
Quote from SamH :People who talk with their mouths full, or eat with their mouths open in the presence of others.

People who, in a noisy environment, can't be bothered to raise their voice over the machinery. Bloody MUMBLERS!

people who cant be bothered to punctuate their sentences and just create a text stream that people who are reading it have to preprocess before they can make sense of it

It's called common courtesy. If you're communicating with people, have the decency to make at least a bit of effort.

whle i si t here putin hours'n'hours on mking my posts look rdabl to

it a dam tradgdy that ppl cnt do teh same

oh wellz on day smeon will gt thm

:h
btifihdabrainthnudalundsndthssntnclolimntthckassht
Quote from tristancliffe :but if i had a brain then u'd all understand this is not tnclolimnt thick as shit(or thick ass hat)

i didn't get that bit.
bt if i hd a brain thn ud al undsnd ths sntnc lol im nt thck as sht

My best guess: "But if I had a brain then you'd all understand this sentence LOL. I'm not thick as shit."
Quote from tristancliffe :btifihdabrainthnudalundsndthssntnclolimntthckassht

fdsgdfsgsfdgsfsgf - cause theirs Nothing better to say...
Quote from dadge :i didn't get that bit.

That is why I write coherently, obeying the rules (to the best of my ability) of the language I am writing in. Anything less just decreases its ability to communicate.
Quote from tristancliffe :That is why I write coherently, obeying the rules (to the best of my ability) of the language I am writing in. Anything less just decreases its ability to communicate.

wot1 i alywaz cnt undstand u so wot u tlkn bout/

the one thing that winds me up no end with the text speak is when people (usually chavvy girls) replace 'y's with double or even triple 'i's

I'm just like seriously, how much of a retard do you think you look like?
My nieces do this on facebook. Well, they did. I don't know if they still do. I found the "hide" button.

gcse ocr resistant materials
(394 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG