The online racing simulator
The Epic Police Pram
(51 posts, started )
Quote from JO53PHS : So now I can test drive my flashing plantpot prior to purchase

now thats a line you don't hear very often
I present to you, my police plant pot, coloured blue with a permanent marker pen - complete with a hole for the wire

I am now high on marker pen fumes

I will show you it in action once I get it attached
Attached images
DSC05266.JPG
#28 - 5haz
Nice one.

Police pram might be quite a good idea nowadays, seeing as chav offspring seem to grow up so quickly.
Quote from JO53PHS :I present to you, my police plant pot, coloured blue with a permanent marker pen - complete with a hole for the wire

I am now high on marker pen fumes

I will show you it in action once I get it attached

You can see the pen lines

Is the pram going to be completly yellow, or battenburg/striped/whatever?
Is it pram racing season already? Blimey, how time flies. If you hadn't already got your lights sorted I'd have linked you here. They do absolutely every type of lighting you'd ever need.
Quote from piggy501 :You can see the pen lines

Is the pram going to be completly yellow, or battenburg/striped/whatever?

Bah, you can't odds the pen lines...

Attached to the side of the main seat will be two small thin plywood panels, and on those I'm gonna paint a battenburg design as well as writing "Police". I'm probably going to mount the flashing light at the front of the pram, in the basket thing that is attached between the two axles.

I might do a full video demonstration of the finished pram, should I deem it to be good enough

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Is it pram racing season already? Blimey, how time flies. If you hadn't already got your lights sorted I'd have linked you here. They do absolutely every type of lighting you'd ever need.

I already have a halogen revolving light, and the coloured plant pot you see on the previous page will be the lens for it, which I will put in place of the original orange one

It's probably gonna get totally trashed in the race (), so I don't wanna be throwing too much money at it
So after an afternoon's hard graft, the Pram moves another step closer to completion.

We fitted the metal pole that I got from Homebase for free (It was dented, bent, and generally bashed in, so the hippy manager said I could have it :tilt. We made a rather strong bracket for it, which seems to hold it well, and at the top we used one of those circular things as you would get to attach a towel rail or smn to the wall

And this is the (nearly) finished product - complete with siren (yellow thing) and flashing light.

When we have fitted a newer cigarette lighter plug to the light, and hopefully wired up a switch, we will just unplug the +ve and -ve jump leads and use the 12v plug on the battery pack. The battery will sit in the basket below, strapped down with cable ties.

All that needs to be done now is to secure the couloured plant pot lens somehow, and finish painting the side boards (see below) in the battenburg pattern.

Epic Win !
Attached images
DSC05288.JPG
DSC05293 - Copy.JPG
DSC05296.JPG
Quote from JO53PHS :So after an afternoon's hard graft, the Pram moves another step closer to completion.

We fitted the metal pole that I got from Homebase for free (It was dented, bent, and generally bashed in, so the hippy manager said I could have it :tilt. We made a rather strong bracket for it, which seems to hold it well, and at the top we used one of those circular things as you would get to attach a towel rail or smn to the wall

And this is the (nearly) finished product - complete with siren (yellow thing) and flashing light.

When we have fitted a newer cigarette lighter plug to the light, and hopefully wired up a switch, we will just unplug the +ve and -ve jump leads and use the 12v plug on the battery pack. The battery will sit in the basket below, strapped down with cable ties.

All that needs to be done now is to secure the couloured plant pot lens somehow, and finish painting the side boards (see below) in the battenburg pattern.

Epic Win !

This is awesome
#34 - MR_B
We demand a video of it working with siren!
I'll do a full demonstration video of it once it is complete
you should of tried to make a mini light using blue led's. (i skimmed through this thread, it may of been mentioned already).
#37 - MR_B
Quote from dadge :you should of tried to make a mini light using blue led's. (i skimmed through this thread, it may of been mentioned already).

Did you not see the picture with the massive blue flashing light?
of course i did. it just looks a big too big for such a wittle powice pwam.
#39 - MR_B
You can never have too big a blue light to fight CRIME.
In an ideal world, I would have liked to get some sort of proper LED arrangement, which may have looked even better.

But at the end of the day, this pram race is for charity, and if I spend several hundred quid on the pram, and don't raise at least a bit more than that, the whole thing will have been pointless
Masking up the side boards for spraying

Spraying them blue

The finished side board, complete with 'Police' writing.

And the moment you've all been waiting for, the FINISHED EPIC POLICE PRAM (Please ignore the epic fail over exposure on the yellow - my camera battery was basically flat and I couldn't be arsed to mess around with settings and then have to change the batteries :tilt

And in one hour I obtained £200 of sponsorship, which I should be able to get up to £250 - 300
Attached images
DSC05306.JPG
DSC05308.JPG
DSC05309.JPG
DSC05322.JPG
I think it looks great, really nice job

have you thought about fitting a "woo woo" or a "nee naa"?

SD.
whats a pram?

P.S. in your first post and the last pic you car has a flat tire maybe? or 50% full
well the tyres only flat at the bottom :P
Quote from swisscosmo :whats a pram?

P.S. in your first post and the last pic you car has a flat tire maybe? or 50% full

Quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pram :

Pram may refer to:

And the tyre can't be flat, since it isn't full of air
he was talking about the car in the background of one of the pics
Oh fail.

When you have about 40 cars, you're gonna have some slightly flat tyres, but it will have been properly inflated before the customer picked it up
The police pram now has £544 of Sposorship :eek:

The manager of Manheim car auctions in Wimbledon sponsored us £100
well done
Well the race was today. In some ways it was epic fail, and in other ways, epic win.

I got pelted uber hard in the face by a water bomb, just before the start (it literally came from nowhere). I wiped my face on my sleeve to get the water off, and then my shirt was covered in blood. So I had an uber nose bleed (blood everywhere), which resulted in me missing the parade lap, and about 3-4 laps of the race Frown Frown. Although I did have a chance to see the pram zooming past at full tilt, light flashing and siren going... it actually looked epic Nod

My dad was doing some filming, and has the water bomb hit on video... but it was in the corner of the shot, and he was far away enough that the video would have to have been in HD (damn Sony releasing an HD model of my video camera only 2 weeks after spending £700 on an SD one Frown) to see what happened. Shrug

I joined the group after about 4 laps, and started pushing it. It lasted pretty well, and even held someone who was probably about 10 stone or more Tilt.

What I am most pleased about though, is that the light didn't fill up with water, the Pram didn't get sabotaged, £200 worth of battery pack didn't get ruined, and the Pram is still looks as good as it did before the race.

You should have seen the other groups' prams...

The wooden front roller on the combined harvester snapped, one person abandoned their pram and used it to throw into the path of other prams and one pram, made of plastic tubing and cardboard, just totally disintegrated (they carried it over the finish line in bits Big grin).

The Epic Police Pram
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG