The online racing simulator
How can I destroy my G25?
(55 posts, started )
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :

Jamie, are you getting a complete replacement? If you are, i might have the shifter of you as ive been looking for one for ages.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :

Although I can't cut the shifter cable as I hear Nathan wants it..

He read your messages but didn't reply because he wanted to show his generosity in this thread.
:lovies: Ill talk to you later about it then jamie.

oh and :doh: for not seing that.
Just send them a picture of your G25 with the wire cut. Don't cut the G25 one though, just put an old wire under the wheel coming out that has had the end cut off, then say I've cut off the wire when really you haven't lol.
#29 - Byku
Sorry... i don't get it, You want to destroy Your G25, because otherwise Logitech support won't change it for the new one? o.O
Sledge hammer. Takes about 5 hits to crack the case. It is about an inch thick on the top. Then fill it with water. Thats how i did my old one.
Quote :Sorry... i don't get it, You want to destroy Your G25, because otherwise Logitech support won't change it for the new one? o.O

No... When you call Logitech customer support, before they send out another one, they ask you to 'render your wheel useless', so that you cannot fake a claim, and be selling on G25's.
Just say you shouldn't have to make it un-useable. They should just replace the product. I've never cut off the cables, I have refused to the two times I have got a replacement wheel.
Edit: nvm
Quote from ajp71 :Normally they don't actually wait for you to prove you've destroyed it, they used to ask for the end of the cable in the post, but I got another wheel despite not sending them anything. The shifter and probably the pedals are bound to sell on ebay, even better if you don't have to cut any cables so someone without a G25 already can connect them and use another wheel.

Ahh I see, so I can just cut the main USB cable? :o

As said to Nathan on MSN, yes you can buy my shifterzors! Cheap though, but I need a lil' money.

I was out getting a new tyre fitted.

I'll cut the USB cable and send em a pic.
How much you want for the shifter.
Since you can't buy them anywhere, I can ask any price I want. £850.
/me crys

Is it working ok? I.e, no broken reverse or anything?
Reverse works. Only problem is it sometimes jumps out of 5 and you have to reshift to get it back. Sometimes it doesn't happen for days, and sometimes it happens every race.

But it hasn't really affected me, I can still win.
Hmm. I might still have it, as it might be an easy fix.

£15 do ya? :P
You have to say this like a proper salesman!

'Yeah, it jumps out of fifth... but tell me, WHEN have you EVER needed fifth gear? This shifter just does the thing you wanted to do automatically, yaddayadda'
How to destroy your G25? Play rFactor jokes
Quote from Mp3 Astra :You have to say this like a proper salesman!

'Yeah, it jumps out of fifth... but tell me, WHEN have you EVER needed fifth gear? This shifter just does the thing you wanted to do automatically, yaddayadda'

ROFL.

(only peeps who watch fonejacker will get that)
give it to me... i give you a momo for it... and you can say it transformed to a momo
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :ROFL.

(only peeps who watch fonejacker will get that)

£20+ delivery (would guess £5-7, I'll find out and charge you exactly what it costs).

Double the money, that's why they call me Terry Tibs.
Get a Zippo, 5L of petrol and unZippo (if case you are lame at flamethrowing). Record it to camera and send video to them.
Is your (read = my) shifter broken??

My pedals are FUBAR. Want a straight swap so I have a working G25 and you get your replacement?
Quote from sam93 :Just send them a picture of your G25 with the wire cut. Don't cut the G25 one though, just put an old wire under the wheel coming out that has had the end cut off, then say I've cut off the wire when really you haven't lol.

or you could just photoshop it?
put it upto a kerb

get a truck jeep or similar

burn outs till its gone into 1,000,000 pieces
Quote from The General Lee :Is your (read = my) shifter broken??

My pedals are FUBAR. Want a straight swap so I have a working G25 and you get your replacement?

My shifter/your shifter works fine, it's the pedals spike ever so slightly so I just asked for a replacement and somehow they gave me one even though my warranty is technically out!
Buy a cheap-o USB extender cable in a 99p store, chop off the end, and send them that. Maybe I have an old style connector, but my G25 USB head doesn't say Logitech on it, just the USB symbol

How can I destroy my G25?
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG