The online racing simulator
Ok, nice!

Btw, I think the "(O) Smooth Map" is a bit useless... only takes unnecessary room. IMO it should be 'on' by default, and remove the button.

- Also, for the option "Laptimes (L)" it would be nice to see all laptimes, instead of the difference between the drivers.
#327 - Aid
btw what is the native resolution of track map texture that is used? i wonder if it would be possible to use downloaded higher resolution maps for local EXE files to use, maybe it wouldn't be good idea for online version because of higher bandwidth requirements
Quote from Aid :btw what is the native resolution of track map texture that is used? i wonder if it would be possible to use downloaded higher resolution maps for local EXE files to use, maybe it wouldn't be good idea for online version because of higher bandwidth requirements

2560*2560 which is near the limit that flash can handle. More maps of such size would also kill Flash performance. It already has a hard time moving one map around unfortunately.
I've experimented A LOT with map optimisations and trying to make it nicer / quicker, but this is the best Flash can do without killing performance.
#330 - Aid
yeah.... thats true..
Quote from zeromussov :- Also, for the option "Laptimes (L)" it would be nice to see all laptimes, instead of the difference between the drivers.

Click on a specific driver in the list. New window should pop up and there it is.

- Maybe the window could also pop up when I click on a driver in the list placed in top right?
- Multiple and moveable windows?
I think I may have found a small bug. The lap are being counted incorrectly, as at the start of races, you set all racers with a lap completed number of 1, unlike with the previous Remote where it's set to 0. So, when they're on their last lap in LFS, Remote shows that they've completed 4 out of 4 laps. Pictures below for examples.
Attached images
Untitled2.png
Untitled.png
I think that the number represents the lap they're currently in.
You obviously didn't look at the images, how can a racer go from having a lap count of 4.2 (passing the second split) to having a lap count of 4 (finishing the race)?
Quote from burnsy1882 :I think I may have found a small bug. The lap are being counted incorrectly, as at the start of races, you set all racers with a lap completed number of 1, unlike with the previous Remote where it's set to 0. So, when they're on their last lap in LFS, Remote shows that they've completed 4 out of 4 laps. Pictures below for examples.

I reckon the lap indicator changes to (completed laps) after a race. e.g, if someone finished one lap back in a four lap race, it'd display three. But while they're running (not finished), it shows the current lap they're on.

d
Quote from burnsy1882 :You obviously didn't look at the images, how can a racer go from having a lap count of 4.2 (passing the second split) to having a lap count of 4 (finishing the race)?

The one thing that's common with all darker the blue people with 4 laps is that they stopped in the first sector after the race. Could it be that laps and the sectors driven after the race still keep adding? That way even a lapped car can have 4.2 laps while the winner would only have 4.
Well, the laps progressed like this for every racer who was on that server: 1, 1.1, 1.2, 2, 2.1, 2.2, 3, 3.1, 3.2 ,4, 4.1, 4.2, 4. If this is the correct way for it to work, then that's fine, but the old remote's system of counting laps was more logical.

EDIT: Gonna get a side-by-side comparison with old and new.
Here's the comparison (on a different track but same server). Also, just saw this, every lap didn't reset to a whole number, it stayed as if it was a split marker on that track. Probably another bug.
Attached images
comparo.png
it's meant to be like that. LFS shows the lap and sector you're on as well.
You just need to adjust (i mean, because it's not what you're used to, but it makes sense)
So, it's supposed to go from 4.<sector> back to 4 when someone finishes?
yes, when someone finishes it then indicates the number of laps someone drove and it remains that number until race restart (even if someone drives more laps). So in essence it changes from a lap counter to a 'total number of laps driven' indicator when someone finishes.
The colour change should help identify finished racers.
Alright then, disregard my posts above.
One more suggestion:
when you have the compare window on, and push "Ctrl + Shift", it would be nice if you see the LFSW username. Now you can only see it in the normal driver list. (on the right side)

-edit: maybe an option to see the gap to next/previous car and leader?
EDIT: Irrelevant...
Quote from zeromussov :

-edit: maybe an option to see the gap to next/previous car and leader?

That would make remote pretty much perfect for me
I am now watching the GTAL race on (new) remote and I realised after driver takeovers, the license names don't update. I had to reconnect to see the new license names.
Attached images
12.jpg
Similar bug with driver changes. When drivers are being compared, they aren't updated when the driver is replaced. I dunno if that's a bug or just something that's bloody hard to get your head around.

Screenshot
Attached images
lilremotebug.jpg
Does anyone else now having trouble with the font size?
Personally, I've found new text size to be waaay too small. Perhaps it doesn't work the way it should here, dunno. I'm using 1024*768, opera 9.21.

Before and after pic in attach. jpg compression is a bit too strong, but paint doesn't give any choice
Attached images
untitled.JPG
I think that's how it should be. It's indeed a little small, but ok for me^^.
Quote from Victor :yeah I'm just finalising it and when i copy it over to the regular folder on our server i'll make the exe's too (later today or tomorrow)

*BUMP*

How its going with the .exe file for LFSRemote V2? Or did I missed it?

LFS Remote / Spectator
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG