The online racing simulator
'Hmmph' isn't a word. It's just a sound you make wit yourh mouth closed and without using your tongue. You could just as well say 'a-ha' or 'meh' or... I merely added it to amuse the other Finns, who will realise it as a joke which is based on a streotype of a person from this count/area.

And for the record this isn't the language with the longest words ever (I suppose at least). For example in Germany they don't have speedlimits because Geschwindigkeitübertretung (=speeding ticket) is too long for police officers to spell correctly.
Quote from Velociround :
Well, how do you pronounce that?

And the other "word" is epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydellänsäkäänköhän

Very easy

And we finnish guys win you because we can do longest word ever hahahah (as long as we want)

Quote from hyntty :And for the record this isn't the language with the longest words ever (I suppose at least). For example in Germany they don't have speedlimits because Geschwindigkeitübertretung (=speeding ticket) is too long for police officers to spell correctly.

oh LOL hahah.
I like watching Finnish rally drivers not only because they drive well, but I like listening to the navigator. If I was going to learn another language, Finnish would be one of my top five choices.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote :epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydellänsäkäänköhän vs Grundstücksverkehrsgenehmigungszuständigkeitsübertragungsverordnung

The thing is, the first one is one word derived by using many postfixes. The second one is a compuond noun consisting of several words put together.
Quote from ultrataco :I like watching Finnish rally drivers not only because they drive well, but I like listening to the navigator. If I was going to learn another language, Finnish would be one of my top five choices.

man, i think you shouldnt even try it your so gonna fail it, i think finland was the second hardest lanuange in world. theres no way you can learn to speak finnish if you dont start learning at a kid. your gonna end up in.
Minä osa puhu suomi...
but always you could try tough
Quote from batteryy :man, i think you shouldnt even try it your so gonna fail it, i think finland was the second hardest lanuange in world. theres no way you can learn to speak finnish if you dont start learning at a kid. your gonna end up in.
Minä osa puhu suomi...
but always you could try tough

Well, I don't plan on actually trying. But thanks for the warning. I thought maybe it was one of those languages that looks more difficult than it is. I've tried learning a few languages and always give up after I get past the alphabet and pronunciation. I always get bored and lost with the grammer and I have plenty of fun just being able to read another language, even if I have no idea what it means.
So LFS is sold or what? whats going on?
Quote from Danas :So LFS is sold or what? whats going on?

I don't really know. Something about an "MTV3" ( ?) and then the Fins came and took over thread .
Quote from ultrataco :I don't really know. Something about an "MTV3" ( ?) and then the Fins came and took over thread .

"Maailman nopein kansa -autosimulaatiopeli nyt Suomessa. Lataa peli ja taistele verkossa maineesta, kunniasta – ja upeista palkinnoista! Kuljettajista parhaimmat kilpailevat pääsystä välieriin ja finaaliin, jotka ajetaan studiossa ja televisioidaan syksyllä MTV3 MAXilla." Siis LFS + jotain kikkeitä = MNK

Basically a company which name I cannot remember "bought" the license to distribute a modified (textures + a special loader app that connects you to a special server) version of LFS uneder the MNK name. Then peeps can participate in races, and win awesome prices, and prices above 100€ are taxed income :/
Quote from ultrataco :I like watching Finnish rally drivers not only because they drive well, but I like listening to the navigator. If I was going to learn another language, Finnish would be one of my top five choices.

That's weird coz I thought that finnish would sound ridiculous to americans etc.
Then I also found out that this finnish band 'Turmion Kätilöt' (similar music as i.e. Rammstein, sung mostly in finnish) really has fans all over the world.
Quote from Sniiki :That's weird coz I thought that finnish would sound ridiculous to americans etc.
Then I also found out that this finnish band 'Turmion Kätilöt' (similar music as i.e. Rammstein, sung mostly in finnish) really has fans all over the world.

Well, I am a little weird I guess. I happen to like Rammstein, too. I've never heard of that band. I'll have to look them up on youtube.
<ot>

I guess finnish is not that hard to learn. It's just hard to speak fluently, but that goes for any language that you learn as an adult.

Also rather pointless, no-one except those living in Finland speak it..

</ot>

It would be cool to hear a dev's comment on this MNK -business.
Quote from hyntty : Geschwindigkeitübertretung

that ain't long enough! it's Geschwindigkeitsübertretung!
Hmm since some people like long words..

Hottentottententententoonstellingdirecteursopleidingskaartjes. And well I can make it longer just to add more words, just like Germans..
Quote from ultrataco :I don't really know. Something about an "MTV3" ( ?) and then the Fins came and took over thread .

gotta say i kinda lolled to that people who post here probaply dont even know the original thing we were talking about
Quote from Not Sure :It would be cool to hear a dev's comment on this MNK -business.

I assume there is nothing to comment. Which should be a good sign.
Quote from J@tko :lol

So its like German then, where to say something like "postal-related pasta", it would be something along the lines of "pastapostalrelated" [but in german :P]

that's more the italian way.
We do connect many words, but let em be more like the way they are in english. Ah descibing german inst easy^^
Quote from dougie-lampkin :That doesn't look anything like world champion, looks a bit like some sort of postal-related pasta

lmao - but yeah... finnish is crazy... more vowels then a Hawaiian phone book

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG