The online racing simulator
devs, IMO u made a bad deal with mtv3
that maailman nopen kansa game, that is lfs but is used by mtv3(Google for it if you dont know what it is). so, IMO you made a bad deal, i watched tilt.tv(show where they review games) and it said on the end: ar next week: and there was ''maailman nopein kansa uusi formula peli'' what means worlds fastest nation new formula game, so i think they are marketing lfs as their own game. also i havent found any word about live for speed in their site.
this is just my option tough, you dont have think the same way.
also all finns watch tilt next week , ull see what they think about lfs
True that! mtv3 sucks ass.
selfish bitches
You could email Tilt.tv and inform them about LFS..
yeah, a lot of LFS´ers have noticed this and It´s pissing me off also.
So far I haven´t spotted anything on MTV3 site that´s referring to LFS, at all.

I don´t know what kind of deal lfs devs made with MTV, but looks like MTV3 is not following it..
Could have a lot to do with Tilt.tv being a rubbish program with rubbish content, the only redeeming feature(s) being the presenter Calling LFS 'a formula game' regardless of who's made it is pure incompetence ^^
seems like everyone thinks that mtv3 has made this game.. wtf. Somewhere reads "MTV3 has published a new game.."
I saw the site, and they did mention LFS.... once. and there is no credit for the Devs. only MTV3 and Dodreams. But the thing is, why a Forumula game? Did they somehow edit the cars to make it open wheelers only? If they did, that would suck hard. We need some variations, and a VWS. :sadbanana
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/ ... rkistot/f1/2009/03/842793

Uh, you can always translate on google.
#9 - Byku
There are other cars. It's a typical version of LFS, but with a special launcher who automaticly shows only servers with FBM, but yeah, before somebody will install LFS MTV version, most of the people won't have any idea what kind of game this is :razzi mean that IT is LFS).
Quote from Furiously-Fast :I saw the site, and they did mention LFS.... once. and there is no credit for the Devs. only MTV3 and Dodreams. But the thing is, why a Forumula game? Did they somehow edit the cars to make it open wheelers only? If they did, that would suck hard. We need some variations, and a VWS. :sadbanana
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/ ... rkistot/f1/2009/03/842793

Uh, you can always translate on google.

They say its a Formula game pechause...Alot of finnish ppl are F1 fans ---> they call lfs a formula game so lotsa people will get it. i think that explains it
edit: i found it too http://www.maailmannopeinkansa.fi/palvelun_kayttoehdot . terms of use, there is alot about lfs
Maybe someone could explain for the not finish people what MTV3 has changed? They have some kind of insim in it or something?

Can we download it?
Quote from batteryy :that maailman nopen kansa game, that is lfs but is used by mtv3(Google for it if you dont know what it is). so, IMO you made a bad deal, i watched tilt.tv(show where they review games) and it said on the end: ar next week: and there was ''maailman nopein kansa uusi formula peli'' what means worlds fastest nation new formula game, so i think they are marketing lfs as their own game. also i havent found any word about live for speed in their site.
this is just my option tough, you dont have think the same way.
also all finns watch tilt next week , ull see what they think about lfs

Bastards, I tell you. :jawdrop:
Quote from marzman :Maybe someone could explain for the not finish people what MTV3 has changed? They have some kind of insim in it or something?

Can we download it?

no changes really, just an installer and a launcher that takes you to a random(?) server hosted by mtv3. you can still play the "normal" LFS if you start it with LFS.exe
From what i've heard MTV3 bought some copyrights to use the MNK name as LFS for them. I dont know how much money Developers took from them but i hope much
To be honest, If Scawen, Geraldine, Eric and Victor are sat on a beach in Hawaii sipping champagne, bloody good on 'em! At the end of the day they created a business and if they have made lots of money from it then their business has succeeded.

I'd love to see a developer's comment on this.
Quote :based on LFS (Live for Speed)

Quote :We have developed a unique tournament system and integrate it with our licensed high-quality game

I see no problem. It is essentially a company giving out the LFS demo, with a special launcher that goes to their server. It doesn't modify LFS in any way, it just gives out an extra few files along with it. LFS will still carry the devs' copyright notices, so it hasn't violated any rules.

It is a very tight thing to do, but from a legal point of view, they haven't done anything wrong

I'm going to register and download it, and kick some demo ass, for the lulz. Surely after 3+ years of LFSing, even I can beat some arcade noobs

€: On registering, you're sent a nice LFS tech email, that clearly says that the game is LFS, and that MNK are using it for a league, along with a link to the forum and to lfs.net. So anybody that registers knows what game they're playing. Good job LFS
to bumb this abit, now when the tilt came atleast im glad they mentioned that ''this game is made from live for speed, the favourite raci...'' and something like that. but still, i think theyre a bit like stealing a part lfs :hide:
Quote from batteryy :to bumb this abit, now when the tilt came atleast im glad they mentioned that ''this game is made from live for speed, the favourite raci...'' and something like that. but still, i think theyre a bit like stealing a part lfs :hide:

Yeah, but that's just because us LFSers tend to be a bit overprotective of LFS...

There's nothing wrong with what's happening, or there would've been some news on it by now. Like "MTV3 forced to pay 15 million in damages to LFS" or something.
If this company or whatever has paid for a licence or whatever then fine whats the problem? This is business not a friggin' charity! They;ve paid their money and as long as they are not in breach of contract it's fine.

LFS isn't some little baby that needs constant care and attention in this regard. It's a product and a business and considering the onslaught from rival sims in recent years the devs appear to be doing fine.
#21 - Byku
How to turn that broadcast on? Or is it only possible to turn it on at 11:55?
Quote from Byku :How to turn that broadcast on? Or is it only possible to turn it on at 11:55?

Should have made that clearer... the link is just to a website that lists tv programs, with a search string that shows the re-runs (on real television).

Quote from batteryy :also, those videos are coming to tilt.tv later. ill post alink if someone wants to see
edit:gonna appear here at some time http://www.tilt.tv/?cm=tiltplayer not sure when but the name will be GAMESTYLE maailman nopein kansa/mnk

Umm...
heh
No if they got me here Played the demo for 4 days and just had to get S2. Best sim EVER!!
Btw any tips what mods and stuff I should get?
Hey there

Take a look down on the forum, in the various sub forums like mich. addons and such. There are lot of cosmetic changes that really makes LFS looks better on many ways. As for mods like new cars and tracks it's not supported by the forum rules and the devs, therfor illegal so to speak

I am not saying there isn't that kind of stuff out there, but it's illegal to talk about it on this forum or to share files assosiated with it.

Best thing to do if you are new is to go online and watch people, ask for tip, ask for setups and hints with it. Urge for information, learn, comperhend, understand and you'll be in the top on no time I tell ya .)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG