The online racing simulator
rally simulators
(66 posts, started )
So a [noob] member comments a n00b comment about a n00b, then later on in the n00b topic another n00b comes by and posted yet another n00b reply to fuel the n00b topic with yet more n00b matherial, and hopefully soon a all out n00b war where n00bs will shout and cry as the n00bs they are in frustration over the n00bnetwork.
:noob:
Quote from batteryy :it does do that yeah, but the pacenotes work for me. i dunno how much of realistic those are but you get the idea of whats coming next on the track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSVxsUU2uI
altrought i find some of those cominc alitlle late while your driving. thats why sometimes i miss 90 degree turns pechause they come late in some tracks

Well you can adjust them to come later. That was more driving out of memory than relying on pacenotes.

I suppose if you changed them a bit they would be better... for example I'd make the "takaviisto" a "k miinus", perhaps loose the "90" and substitute "k" and distinguish the k's with or without "serpo" but I suppose it's a matter of preference. I'd still like to have minus and plus degrees in the sharpnesses.
The 90 right from the tarmac to gravel at the beginning is quite late too ;x The notes actually sound quite nice, though I have to say I kept hearing "keikkaa" instead of "leikkaa"
Quote from flymike91 :i dont see why another game studio wouldn't just backwards engineer RBR and improve the graphics, add new tracks/cars etc. Then again I don't know much about copyright laws.

btw this thread is really bitchy

Quote from dawesdust_12 :1) Reverse Engineering is often against EULA or Copyright stuff
2) The new studio can't re release it as they lack
a) Rights to the cars/tracks
b) rights to the game engine
3) They'd not be able to resell it either, as they lack rights to all that stuff, and they are effectively selling someone else's project without the rights to it, which becomes piracy (the bad kind, not the part where people DLing 1 TV show are getting killed, the part where they sell stuff they obtained illegally is the bad kind of piracy.)

Further complicated by
4) Warthog who developed RBR stopped existing in ~2006
5) SCi Games, the publisher of RBR, is now part of Eidos
Quote from hyntty :That will only replace the default sounds with some new ones. They won't remap the corresponding pacenote files to a specific corner.

RBRdll: http://www.kegetys.net/rbr/?p=rbrdll

That includes a pacenote editor. I don't know how well that works with new modded stages and if some better solution has come up... But at least this was popular method in 2005/2006.
Pannonia Rally
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyYKCHv_Er0
This one's nice and in development. There's a beta demo out that let's you drive a Lada through one stage. Promising, I must say.

Just remember to turn "spring effects" to some sensible value for Logi wheels.
Quote from yoyoML :Pannonia Rally
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyYKCHv_Er0
This one's nice and in development. There's a beta demo out that let's you drive a Lada through one stage. Promising, I must say.

Just remember to turn "spring effects" to some sensible value for Logi wheels.

Well, no offense to you guys, but you are doing a little bit of a flame war. Oh well; back to topic, this game looks really cool. I am now downloading it.
sorry to be off topic, but i've been trying for the last 3 hours or so to figure out a way to download the ATi Parallax file (Dimension Technics) however it only opens another page of text. Does anyone know how to make this text ( ftp://ftp.jatekok.hu/dimension/parallax.glsl ) into a .glsl file or download it? :s

EDIT(save space and avoid ruining a great thread): Thank you Sil3ntwar, I feel ashamed of myself.

EDIT2: failed yet again, I'm getting the same error message. Please I must drive an old rear wheel drive car in RBR SOMEHOW!
Attached images
fail.png
Just right click on the link and save it.
it downloaded for me just fine, it's just my graphics card wasn't letting me play it.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :it downloaded for me just fine, it's just my graphics card wasn't letting me play it.

same issue here. what do you mean by "it was", is everything alright now? you have an ATI graphics card i'm guessing.

my rbr is being a basterd with vista and not letting me mod the game ( read only BS ), which is why im trying so hard to get this one running.
Quote from Ricerguy :same issue here. what do you mean by "it was", is everything alright now? you have an ATI graphics card i'm guessing.

my rbr is being a basterd with vista and not letting me mod the game ( read only BS ), which is why im trying so hard to get this one running.

Actually, I don't think I even have a graphics card. I do have a display driver from what I know of. When I had San Andreas on my computer at one point, the game said I had no graphics card. That is why I had horrible graphics. Also, my LFS gets a lot of lag because of that. I had to turn off the shadow to have better fps. Just one thing... is a Graphics Controller the same?
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :Actually, I don't think I even have a graphics card. I do have a display driver from what I know of. When I had San Andreas on my computer at one point, the game said I had no graphics card. That is why I had horrible graphics. Also, my LFS gets a lot of lag because of that. I had to turn off the shadow to have better fps. Just one thing... is a Graphics Controller the same?

Don't even try to play that game with onboard card, you won't get even 1.337 fps.
I would like to post my error report, but I'm hesitant because of the possible language barriers or I am lazy and making up excuses at 2:44 am when I should be sleeping.

If anyone wishes feel free to email the picture I attached in my previous post to dimtechnics@gmail.com for me while i go to bed. byebye, and it does look like a promising game

rally simulators
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG