The online racing simulator
Quote from colcob :Wow, I'm really glad I clicked on this thread for all the great in-depth information about the Intel Racing Tour...

You have to see it from that point of view: There's no owl in here (yet)...
I'm very angry if the devs keep it as a secret that how the BMW found out it's way to LFS.
Quote from deggis :I'm very angry if the devs keep it as a secret that how the BMW found out it's way to LFS.

Can I ask Why? Why does it matter to us? its made it, its that simple, who cares how? There is many secrets in the world, and some of them, its on a "need to know basis" and I am afraid, you don't need to know
Quote from Fordman :Can I ask Why? Why does it matter to us? its made it, its that simple, who cares how? There is many secrets in the world, and some of them, its on a "need to know basis" and I am afraid, you don't need to know

Because humans are curious.
Quote from Fordman :What about if I go live with Three Jump for a little while, then move to BBO, then move to Bismarck's for a while. Does that count

I don't think so.

cough... but your german passport is in progress m8

At Racing Challenge the prizes were sponsored by Fujitsu-Siemens Germany if I am right, and there was no limitation like this
Quote from BBO@BSR : I don't think so.

cough... but your german passport is in progress m8

German Passport? Thats my driving license so I understand now with EU COuntries

Its all game on here, just need to find somewhere to live ROFL
More about the process how they found out LFS or something. Those posts doesn't answer that
Quote from vladimir :kreppel!

krapfen!

berliner!

pfannkuchen!

i hope i could clear things up a bit.

It's kräbbel and nothing else!!
Quote from csimpok :At Racing Challenge the prizes were sponsored by Fujitsu-Siemens Germany if I am right, and there was no limitation like this

even if foreigners were allowed, i don't know it it's worth the risk to take the journey, unless you want to visit germany anyway.
But you got only one shot per event, the the modus is really stupid. You drive 3 laps with random start positions against 3 opponents and your overall time counts. So if you get knocked out in T1, it's over.
don't forget, as well as living in a german speaking country, you also have to be the fastest with that bf1 :P.

it isn't THAT easy to win it .
Quote from inCogNito :even if foreigners were allowed, i don't know it it's worth the risk to take the journey, unless you want to visit germany anyway.
But you got only one shot per event, the the modus is really stupid. You drive 3 laps with random start positions against 3 opponents and your overall time counts. So if you get knocked out in T1, it's over.

Do they let you run your own sets? Any sort of practice/familiarization before the race?
no, and you have to drive with automatic transmission.
Quote from inCogNito :even if foreigners were allowed, i don't know it it's worth the risk to take the journey, unless you want to visit germany anyway.

seems like the only way to get through the first rounds (until the field has thinned out a bit and there are only experienced lfsers left) is to take off slowly wait till the muppets took each other out in t1 and then switch to hotlapping mode
Quote from Shotglass :....take off slowly wait till the muppets took each other out in t1 and then switch to hotlapping mode

:ices_rofl this idea could be from me

Well, if it's possible to win a bmw m6 car with lfs, then I think us foreigners would surely take a 2nd or 3rd visit to the qualifying events if we would have bad luck in the first. I know I would. Sure it's going to cost a lot, but hey, if I could win the car - my life would change

Anyhow, it's sad to hear it's only for german speaking people, but I also understand the marketing question of it.. I'm happy for the 10 lucky german chaps that will race for the car, but at the same time feel a little envious and crap that we, foreigners, can't participate. As if the EPS competition is not enough for them arrr..

Oh well, hopefully these competitions will find their way into a more international level too for the future.
Quote :More about the process how they found out LFS or something. Those posts doesn't answer that

ESL has LFS. From then on it was only a logical step. How the ESL Pro Series adopted LFS a couple of years ago is another story for another night.
Quote from MacEST :Well, if it's possible to win a bmw m6 car with lfs, then I think us foreigners would surely take a 2nd or 3rd visit to the qualifying events if we would have bad luck in the first. I know I would. Sure it's going to cost a lot, but hey, if I could win the car - my life would change

Anyhow, it's sad to hear it's only for german speaking people, but I also understand the marketing question of it.. I'm happy for the 10 lucky german chaps that will race for the car, but at the same time feel a little envious and crap that we, foreigners, can't participate. As if the EPS competition is not enough for them arrr..

Oh well, hopefully these competitions will find their way into a more international level too for the future.

Hi Mac!

It's time to consider applying for German citizenship
Not that I give more than 5% chance that I could win the car but it's frustrating not have the chance at least ...
And I am sure as soon as Hungary or Estonia reaches the population of 80 million and the same purchasing power as Germany we will be able to win an M6

So good luck for N1lyn, Biggie and the other faster drivers
Quote from inCogNito :no, and you have to drive with automatic transmission.

Oh boy.
Guess I'll check out the event(s) in Cologne anyway.
Great post, Vykos. The wheels appear to be Logitech Formula Force EX.
Hmmm... when I was there, the warm-up time was a lot longer than 2-3 minutes and - äh - wasn't it a 6 lap race finally? Anyway, the period between two 4-racers sessions was 45 minutes, that's why I've actually quit before I got a cockpit place, subscription list was too long...
hmmm seems like its time to practice as nat
autoshift?!?! rofl.
cmon...
that leveling it by the lowest...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG