The online racing simulator
Sounds like tons of fun, Jason. I will definitely schedule my summer so I can make it to this meet.
Shame about the original idea, but the substitute idea sounds just as good, if not better.

I will withhold booking my holidays until a further date is confirmed
Depending on dates, I probably won't be able to go. All of July and half of August is taken up for me

Other than that, the new plan sounds pretty good, hope I can make it
Well the dates are totally open atm, but I am seeing them Monday and will ask for late July, early August. This is because of the weather and that's what everyone had agreed to so far. If everyone thinks that another time would be better then please let me know and I will do it for that date.
Depending on house move, monnies, and being able to get to the colony in question I will come.
If its late July/early Aug deffo count me in
All sounds good and I'm definitely interested!
I would love to go but cannot do the three weeks from the last week in July to the first two weeks in August because of holiday arrangements.
Quote from JPeace :jason, i know llandow peeps v well, just ask if u need some help ok?

Just tell them that customers with lots of money are a GOOD THING. That's right - customers + money = good. Being unhelpful, obstructive and totally unwilling to come to any kind of agreement = bad.

We really tried with them, but I personally have never encountered any business so determined to put its customers off.

We asked for the track for the day. They said, fine - back in September - and even quoted us a price. Then when we went to confirm and put down the deposit, they acted like we had just burned down their house. Woman couldn't even find the email SHE had sent us or our original. Then they said if we bring our own karts, provided our own health and safety officers, do our own risk assessment and coughed up for our own insurance, we could hire the track (and just the track). We said, no, we'd like to hire your whole centre, karts, officials, the lot - for a whole day... How much? They said - you can book an arrive and drive or ONE endurance event (40 minutes track time per driver). We said no, we want to hire your whole centre for the whole day... How much? They said, no, we could do arrive and drive or ONE endurance event... We gave up...
Its quite surprising that businesses act like this. You'd have thought they would have been trying to bite your hand off, surely its a win win situation!
Probably going to want to edit the OP, Jason.
Llandow PLEASE
Ok, had my meeting with the Pontypool Kart Centre and it went very well. They have agreed to let us have the track for the whole day for just £1200

The track time is from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm, so that is 6 hours racing, which if say 30 of us go, it will be just £40 each for 2 hours track time each!!! Also they have just upgraded the karts from 160bhp to 200 bhp. There are a maximum of 10 karts on the track at the same time and we can run any kind of event we like. They do an iron man challenge, so we could do that and then an endurance and maybe some sprint races. We will work out the details when we know the numbers.

They want us to pay a £300 deposit, so I will need to get some numbers very soon and a small deposit from each of you. I will update the OP with the new details asap.

Also, we can have July 25th or any time in August, so I will run a poll.
ok i know im 2000 miles away but me and my dad are interested , ill get back to you when i know more
Quote from jasonmatthews :Also they have just upgraded the karts from 160bhp to 200 bhp.

200 hp karts?! I'm going to die.

Or is that the power output of the whole field?
Hopefully BHP/tonne. Or a lap of the track will be around 4.3 seconds.
I don't think they are particularly fast, though I did see an awesome crash today when I went there, the kid broke the steering column clean off
Quote from jasonmatthews :I don't think they are particularly fast, though I did see an awesome crash today when I went there, the kid broke the steering column clean off

now thats a way to get people to come
Quote from jasonmatthews :I don't think they are particularly fast, though I did see an awesome crash today when I went there, the kid broke the steering column clean off

:eek: :jawdrop:
#121 - CSF

As if I wasn't feerful enough looking at that Turn 2 and 4... :Eyecrazy:

Meh, I did that on a straight once! Well, it kinda collapsed just before the turn in point to a flat corner after a long straight. Never braked so hard in my life!

Sounds like a great deal, £40 for 2 hours karting, but the track is a 5-6 hour drive away...mabye not this year. Can we have one near Yorkshire please!
Quote from Timdpr :Meh, I did that on a straight once! Well, it kinda collapsed just before the turn in point to a flat corner after a long straight. Never braked so hard in my life!

Sounds like a great deal, £40 for 2 hours karting, but the track is a 5-6 hour drive away...mabye not this year. Can we have one near Yorkshire please!

48h drive for me
I can't even get a bloody bus to somewhere less than 50 miles from the kart track.
you could go native and ride a sheep

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG