The online racing simulator
Quote from cypher1024 :All I can say is WOW!!! It looks amazing.

I stumbled across this thread while looking for inspiration for my own cockpit. Mine wont be nearly as detailed though. I think I might be able to solve two of your problems!
- Eliminate the need for a keyboard and
- Fill up the double DIN (stereo) hole.

My idea is to put a blanking plate across the stereo hole and fill it with 8 or 10 buttons/switches - one for each essential function (traction control, speed limiter, ESC key etc). Connect them all to one of these, and you're good to go!!

I'm going to do the same thing in my cockpits (yes, I'm stupid enough to build two of the damn things). The little circuit board in the link above is basically just the brains of a keyboard, but with a whole lot of screw terminal inputs so it's really easy to work with. All you have to do is wire up your buttons and switches to it, and when you press them, the computer thinks you're pressing a button on a keyboard.

The only downside is that you don't have a full keyboard so you can't type messages in multiplayer.

The button box in the stereo hole was what i was planning, ive since lost interest in the cockpit as i have no time due to my job, i even considered selling it, but can't go through with it because of the headache it was to make it, so its definitely staying with me for when i eventually have a rumpus room i can throw it in. My original intentions where button box in stereo area, and attach a swilleng arm for the keyboard on the right hand side, so when your not using it it swivels in, and when your playing you just swivel it out, and use your right hand for the KB/

Now its just sitting in a corner of my room in hibernation
i'm considering doing something similar with the wrecked MR2 i have out the back. Eventually. I'd like to at least use the seats from it
When you start making a cockpit for playing a game, i think its time to put the controller down and slowly walk away....
Quote from whitey6272 :When you start making a cockpit for playing a game, i think its time to put the controller down and slowly walk away....

LFS provides all the dashboard information via OutGauge and additional motion and physical feedback data via OutSim. It's not a game.
Quote from morpha :LFS provides all the dashboard information via OutGauge and additional motion and physical feedback data via OutSim. It's not a game.

qft. LFS is an addiction.
Quote from whitey6272 :When you start making a cockpit for playing a game, i think its time to put the controller down and slowly walk away....

If someone put that in your lounge room, somehow I don't think you'd walk away...

This cockpit looks awesome.
Quote from JasonJ :If someone put that in your lounge room, somehow I don't think you'd walk away...

This cockpit looks awesome.

If someone put one of those in my living room I'd start by asking them if they where crazy, then I'd go on to thanking them a million times, then I'd shove them out the door and race untill my arms fell off
Quote from dragoncommando :if someone put one of those in my living room i'd start by asking them if they where crazy, then i'd go on to thanking them a million times, then i'd shove them out the door And race untill my arms fell off :d

lol +1
hello rotatox,

what is the dimensions on the out side and how thick is your wood in the making of one.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG