The online racing simulator
Hamachi - For You Cool Gamers Out There!
(25 posts, started )
#1 - sun
hi all!

I've come to annouce that i have a hamachi server for you people who play CSS ( Counter-Strike: Source ).

Name: Gaming-For-Fun

Password: gaming

the server has some special features for you. You can hang out anytime anywhere just connect to hamachi, then connect to css. also there is a dods server coming up soon, maybe..

Mani Admin Plugin,

Zombie Mod

GunGame

SourceMod

!Bank mod

So, if you want to have some fun, just connect, and hop in

NEW - A Day of Defeat: Source *GunGame* SErver is Online.

The CS:S Server IP Is: 5.155.244.148:27015
The L4D Server IP Is: 5.155.244.148:27016
The DOD:S Server IP Is: 5.155.244.148:27017

Kind Regards,

Owen.
cool maybe i´ll take a look if i got time for it
Why not use Steam?
Quote from Crommi :Why not use Steam?

+1 would be easier for some people who dont use hamachi or dont know what it is
Source servers cost money to run on a dedi box - I assume Hamachi has a free way of doing this and this is why Sun has created one through that.
Zombiemod and gungame at the same time? WTF?
Quote from mcintyrej :Source servers cost money to run on a dedi box - I assume Hamachi has a free way of doing this and this is why Sun has created one through that.

You can host Source servers for free...
you don't need hamachi to run a source server at home. Hamachi is used a lot to create servers and spoof they are being played on LAN........

Hamachi is a great tool though...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You can host Source servers for free...

Yeah, I believe there's a thing in the steam thing somewhere to host a server..
I don't get what is the point of using hamachi here.
Quote from geeman1 :I don't get what is the point of using hamachi here.

none really unless you use a dodgy copy of a game
Spending a lot of time implementing different mods, advertising your server on other forums, and mucking about with Hamachi just to get the game running are probably a good indications that the software is worth purchasing ...
If your going to host the server stick media player on in the background LOL improves the tickrate of some steam severs etc (or so they say )

Either way, due to the way css servers work I sense a bit of fail tick / general lag wise?

May consider coming on eventully?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You can host Source servers for free...

Yeah, but you can't host a dedicated source server unless you own your own dedi box.

I was saying that he's setting it up on Hamachi because it could feature some sort of free dedicated service, where the server is always on - no matter if he has his PC on. I don't even know if this exists, I've never looked properly at Hamachi.
Hamachi just emulates a local network via the internet, it has no extra server features. It is (or was) a tool some LFS cracker groups used to host complete championships, because then LFS won't require a connection to the master server. I don't know if that still works because it was reported to the Devs quite some time (and patches) ago Think it has the same capabilities with other games, and some people even used it to connect to foreign networks to use thier printers
Quote from mcintyrej :Source servers cost money to run on a dedi box - I assume Hamachi has a free way of doing this and this is why Sun has created one through that.

You just host a server and people connect to you through Hamachi, you can create a dedi from your own machine anyway, Hamachi just makes it ALOT easier for people to find connectivity..

A dedicated server is a computer that is, you got it, dedicated, to hosting a server. You don't need a special machine to do it, you can use some old shit box you have or your own machine, and then just connect to it when you feel like it.
Quote from BlueFlame :You just host a server and people connect to you through Hamachi, you can create a dedi from your own machine anyway, Hamachi just makes it ALOT easier for people to find connectivity..

A dedicated server is a computer that is, you got it, dedicated, to hosting a server. You don't need a special machine to do it, you can use some old shit box you have or your own machine, and then just connect to it when you feel like it.

ideally you have a good pc with Heeps of ram ( as most any pc can run css ) for the server...

but honestly...

if you want a good server, get everyone to chip in... if not, keep playing the ones provided.
Quote from ACCAkut :Hamachi just emulates a local network via the internet, it has no extra server features. It is (or was) a tool some LFS cracker groups used to host complete championships, because then LFS won't require a connection to the master server. I don't know if that still works because it was reported to the Devs quite some time (and patches) ago Think it has the same capabilities with other games, and some people even used it to connect to foreign networks to use thier printers

I think it still works. You can crack the game normally, and it lets you use SP/LAN. Then they use Hamachi to spoof a LAN over Internet

Anyway, I've been meaning to start CSS for some time now. I have a copy and everything, I've just never gotten stuck in. I might pop in sometime
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I think it still works. You can crack the game normally, and it lets you use SP/LAN. Then they use Hamachi to spoof a LAN over Internet

Anyway, I've been meaning to start CSS for some time now. I have a copy and everything, I've just never gotten stuck in. I might pop in sometime

You 'aint missing anything. Too many hackers and stupid little kiddies, not like the good ol' days.
Quote from EliteAti :yeah

Now explain the actual aim of that

(However much I hate most the player made modes I dont see how theyll mix...)
#23 - sun
Zombie mod is running. Gungame is switched off. If you want it on, just ask me, but first people might want zombie mod on more than gungame. It has surf mod on it, but I'm sure not many people like that. I use hamachi, because it is free, and it is basically easy to use.

Hamachi is a VPN. You can create or join existing networks. VPN stands for ( Virtual Private Network ) it menas you can host any game server or server behind a firewall without having to port forward. People will have to connect to your network ( mine, which is really easy ) and then they can play on your servers, with a fast direct link.

Quote from jimaxx :If your going to host the server stick media player on in the background LOL improves the tickrate of some steam severs etc (or so they say )

Either way, due to the way css servers work I sense a bit of fail tick / general lag wise?

May consider coming on eventully?

Nope. I hosted the server round at my uncles. no one complained on it that there was lag. I had about 5 or 6 people on at the time.
Quote from sun :Hamachi is a VPN. You can create or join existing networks. VPN stands for ( Virtual Private Network ) it menas you can host any game server or server behind a firewall without having to port forward. People will have to connect to your network ( mine, which is really easy ) and then they can play on your servers, with a fast direct link.

It's probably easier for you to make port forwarding to work than it is for everyone to connect to your hamachi network (maybe even potentially open a door for malicious users of the said network).
Also it hurts the servers popularity quite a lot, because as said people who want to connect have to first connect to the hamachi network instead of directly connecting to the server. Most people will choose the latter option because there really isn't shortage on 'normal' servers for CSS.
I am not saying that you should stop hosting your servers, but I would suggest making port forwarding work and make a 'normal' server instead if you really want people to play on it.
#25 - sun
Yes. I understand. But the matter of fact that my brother wont let me host because he think i'll use it for downloading, but the ports are open when I go to my uncles. However, I'm not closing the hamachi, down, but I will keep in mind port forwarding for future use.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG