The online racing simulator
Virtual LFS Dashboard
(529 posts, closed, started )
Not only giving permission to Windows.

You have to go to Firewall/Exceptions and add it there.
Yeahh, I have done that.
That's what I did. Uhmm. hmm
If you want you can go into full detail, i work with computers so go all out if you have the need to.
RhysEvans - you don't happen to use IRC on any of the aussie networks do you, i have a mate with the same name as you?
Nahh, I don't use any IRC Channels. ^^
Bumpp.

Would anyone be able to help.
Like start from scratch like as if I had just installed LFS?
I don't have Vista, but did you go through the usual "tweaks", like disabling UAC, installing VLFSD in another folder and NOT in "program files" (or whatever Vista calls it) ??
Ohh, I shall checkk. =)
Thanks for helping.
Hey there First post in this forum for your excellent tool!

It works under Linux (Ubuntu) with Wine very well (use it over network). Just had to download one dll-file and everything works. Great job!

I wonder if this tool is creating any traffic so that fps are throttled a lil bit?!? It's just a theoretical question so didnt testet it that much. Only got 5 mins before my train leaves

Maybe I can support you with this tool. Got some programming experience!

Greetings from Germany!

EDIT: Some fullscreen function would be nice. Using dash @ 1024x768 and it would be nice to use it at full screen space!
Quote from slinger.lfs :
EDIT: Some fullscreen function would be nice. Using dash @ 1024x768 and it would be nice to use it at full screen space!

+1 running one of my monitors at 800x600 just so i can use LFS dash is a bit of a pain (both my monitors are the same size)

Also, and i don't know if it is because using 2 monitors slows the performance of my gfx card (XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog) But LFS seemed to be a little more jittery when using VD on 1 monitor, LFS on the other. Haven't noticed it with one monitor (LFS + VD on same monitor), so i think its a hardware issue....
Must correct one thing. Using dash over LAN...everything works in realtime just the needles of rpm-meter in kmh-meter is lagging very hard! refreshing maybe every 2 minutes
Works fine with me on my laptop over LAN.

I once made a Ferrari gauge for Analog gauges, if you can and want you may use it for your great prog.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=705997#post705997

Someone ever thought of making this work on a PDA? (windows mobile) via USB, WLAN or USB?

Edit: found this old 2007 topic
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25587&
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/ ... tgauge_insim_application/

PocketLFS will try it now

I could fix my PDA to my wheel (as on a single seater)

Keep up the good work!
I have it working via PDA, used the program Sidewindow (turns your PDA into an extra screen of your PC)

Problem is the unstable USB connection which easily disconnects during movement.

I also tried to use the PDA as the rearview mirror, that worked, but with only 1 fps.

will post some pics later,
I just found this great app and I thank you for it It works really nice with my Eee 1000H via WLAN. And finally every car has a digital speedo this way :banana:
What language is VLFSDash written in?
Any chance for a look at the source?

Jake
Hi Erazotropa, and all happy VLFSD users.
Could it be possible to have VLFSD window appear by default at some saved screen-coordinates ?
Its possible to connect to another PC which is not in the same network via IP?

EDIT: I've tested it and its works But i have no.... ehm .... writed things like car and these things on my dashboard
Why?
I have installed the latest version from the first post post and when i attempt to run it from desktop shortcut i get an error message "pic below post".

I would like to to test this app, can someone advise on a fix for this problem.

I am running Vista home premium.
thanks to Crady and Ant0niS, sorted now.

I read through the posts first but clearly skipped over those posts...lol

Many thanks
some1 can helpe me please ?
Quote from XmaX :some1 can helpe me please ?

I would like to help if i could, but my English are really bad, and i didn't understand exactly what is your problem

Can you explain your problem with more details?
Yes, so the Dashboard online worked with an external IP

But the App itselfs have a bug, the are only the gauges nothing writed like you actual car or gear... dont know why. I've reinstalled it already...

EDIT: Dont know why buts its ok now O_o dont changed anything, restarted PC and its all fine now... lol

Max
Great program.
I've found the speedo lags if the window doesn't have focus - slightly annoying as I used TeamSpeak on the same screen, but other than that it's fantastic.

Here's some shots of my setup:

Due to the fact Engine Temp & Oil Pressure don't work and won't work (as that information isn't in LFS and therefore isn't outputted by OutGauge) could they not be replaced with something else of use that works?

Someone else mentionned about tyre temps / wear etc but you said that couldn't be added due to space. If they're outputted, you can make space if you ditch those two
And what about the clutch? Wouldn't need a guage - perhaps a warning light? Off normally, then orange for wearing, and red for bad!

Just an idea.
Still love the program though
This thread is closed

Virtual LFS Dashboard
(529 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG