The online racing simulator
Virtual LFS Dashboard
(529 posts, closed, started )
lag problems
hi !!

ive installed the 0.2.1 ver on my pc(i dont have a monitor at the moment) folowing the steps in help box.

The leds, gears and the red shiftlight work fine.
kph,rpm and turbo pointers are lagy

Now when i change the upper leds to triangle mode the the rpm pointer has no lag but the others still have.

any ideas??
with previous versions i also have yhe same problem

btw great program,
i mean really great program!!
Hi guys, I'm a bit nobish with that kind of things but looks very promissing and I'd
like to test it. I have a laptop and I want to connect it. My desktop pc has only one ethernet swtich(it's called so? :P) and on this one is conected the router.
The router has 4 ports so there can be conected 4 pcs. If I connect the laptop and my pc to the router should work? because I can't connect my pc straight to the laptop because then I won't have internet anymore

Can anyone tell me quickly what should I do? it's possible?

Thank you very much!
Well all versions worked well under XP. Now I switched to Vista 32, re - downloaded version 0.2.1, installed it and got this error:

Component "isAnalogLibrary.ocx" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Well I didn´t have this file in my system32 folder and copied it from my XP installation... but is does not work...

Any clue??
PSP as second monitor
To all those that keep asking about using a PSP - it's easy if you use a little website called 'Google' - quite popular you know?

There's a new app out for hacked PSPs called PSPdisp which sets up the PSP as a secondary monitor under Windows, so you can drag VLFSDash down to it. Supports scaling up the screen res., but due to the small size of the PSP's display, don't expect too much from it!

http://www.instructables.com/i ... econdary_Monitor_Windows/

I don't have a PSP, but I was just annoyed by the lazy people in here and knew the answer

Back on topic - this looks excellent. Just trying to figure out what hardware I have that I want to use this on Mrs' NetBook isn't used anymore.. that might do
Quote from Crady :Well all versions worked well under XP. Now I switched to Vista 32, re - downloaded version 0.2.1, installed it and got this error:

Component "isAnalogLibrary.ocx" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Well I didn´t have this file in my system32 folder and copied it from my XP installation... but is does not work...

Any clue??

De-Install vlfsdash, and remove and manualy delete the vlfdash folder if still exists.

Then reboot pc, and re-install again.

The ocx files are installed in the application directory itself..

It is recommended to reboot after every de-installation, when installing a new version.
Quote from fspecial :hi !!

ive installed the 0.2.1 ver on my pc(i dont have a monitor at the moment) folowing the steps in help box.

The leds, gears and the red shiftlight work fine.
kph,rpm and turbo pointers are lagy

Now when i change the upper leds to triangle mode the the rpm pointer has no lag but the others still have.

any ideas??
with previous versions i also have yhe same problem

btw great program,
i mean really great program!!

This can be caused if the system is under heavy load..
I have noticed this on a slower sytem, when running vlfsdash only everything works fine, when a other heavy program was started vlfsdash started lagging.
Quote from Erazotropa :This can be caused if the system is under heavy load..
I have noticed this on a slower sytem, when running vlfsdash only everything works fine, when a other heavy program was started vlfsdash started lagging.

you are propably right.
Although my laptop is dual coce at 2.5ghz 4gigs ram and has 512 mb 8600m gt so i hoped it could handle the prog preaty ok.
i will try to install it in an other pc and see whats going to happen
i ll let you know.

thnx for the reply
I have the same problem with my laptop. If it's set rpm bar to leds all lags, but when I set it to triangles/squares the rpm works and gears.. but turbo, km/h etc doesnt work.. they lag.

Can you tell us what program is causing that thing? I don't think my laptop is that bad that can¡t handle this thing heh.
Hi, sorry for my english but

I don't connect LFS with LFS dashboard on my wireless router.

please tell me step by step how connect LFS dashboard
I doubt you can connect it via wifi.. it has to be in lan.

If your router has wifi + ports then yes. Connect you laptop to the router via ethernet where is connected your desktop pc.

Install vlfsd on laptop and open on it UDP port in firewall.

Then you have to configure your cfg.txt file on your lfs folder like tool says. On Ip, you put ip of laptop. You can check that ip on Execute/cmd/ipconfig.

Good luck!

@Erazotropa: dunno what more to do man. I left only the necessary programs running and still lags... (

Maybe changing port? Didn't try yet. Or maybe you can figure to fix this bug.
Quote from Erazotropa :De-Install vlfsdash, and remove and manualy delete the vlfdash folder if still exists.

Then reboot pc, and re-install again.

The ocx files are installed in the application directory itself..

It is recommended to reboot after every de-installation, when installing a new version.

Hi, thank you!

I uninstalled the Dashboard. There was no folder to delete in the programs folder - so I just restarted my computer.

Then I downloaded V0.2.1 freshly from here and installed it.

But after the reboot I got the same error
@Erazotropa: I changed delay in cfg to 40 and worked but with lot of lag ofcourse.

But not as much as with 1, with 1 the km/h needle moves after 25sec or so.. with 40ms delay it moves about 7-8 seconds..

I still don't think its from Pc's...
With VLFSDash v0.2.0 update and above versions, in vista you must run it as administrator to work, otherwise it won't run and crash
Quote :With VLFSDash v0.2.0 update and above versions, in vista you must run it as administrator to work, otherwise it won't run and crash

Thank you! This was my problem

Now it works as it should!
Your welcome my friend Crady.

p.s. Erazotropa, I think you must right this at the first page, for vista users..
Quote from fspecial :you are propably right.
Although my laptop is dual coce at 2.5ghz 4gigs ram and has 512 mb 8600m gt so i hoped it could handle the prog preaty ok.
i will try to install it in an other pc and see whats going to happen
i ll let you know.

thnx for the reply

I got it to work man. I've installed v0.2.0 and works perfect!

Try it.
Quote from BoyGTA :I got it to work man. I've installet v0.2.0 and works perfect!

Try it.

indeed it did work this time the only lag now is upper leds (rpm) which you dont have the option to change in this version.all the others are ok.

do u have the same problem BoyGTA?
Yepp, I realized that too.

Anyway I don't care about leds..
Is it possible to add a tires temperature?
It would be great!
Quote from Jadran :Is it possible to add a tires temperature?
It would be great!

great idea
but i think he dont have space enough to add that.
Quote from Jadran :Is it possible to add a tires temperature?
It would be great!

Not possible, as that information is not passed through InSim, Outgauge or Outsim.
Sometimes I launch VLFSD and it looks like this. Exiting and relaunching it a couple of times generally fixes it.
Attached images
VLFSD.jpg
I've got this installed and am trying to get it to work..
But it's not succeeding.

I'm running Vista Home Premium and have the following in my cfg.txt

OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 4001
OutGauge ID 0

I've got 4001 set into the VLFSD and it still won't work at all.
Any ideas?
did you open UDP 4001 port on firewall?
Open it up as in allow it through?
I set all that up so Yes.
This thread is closed

Virtual LFS Dashboard
(529 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG