The online racing simulator
Making my own wheel
(166 posts, started )
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Pretty damn impressive build!
But I gotta ask, where have you read about that the G25 is a bad wheel?
Those people must have been retarded or something imo ...
The G25 is GREAT (have one myself) and the best wheel on the market!

My brother had one actualy. And I just do not find it that great. It just looks like my momo, but with two motors, 900 degrees, and a leather wheel. Such wheels will not last that long, and the amount of plastic is another thing I don't like. I don't say the G25 is rubbish, it's just a personal opinion, and I do not want a flamewar here.
Oh, ok.
I, myself upgraded from a Thrustmaster FFB so it's a huge step.
That's why I love the G25 so much
Major bump: mcman, have you got any advice for me?

I will make pics soon, gotta find my camera
Quote from chbright :Text

Hi, thanks for your post. I'm not sure if I want to do any big changes to my wheel at the moment. I am wondering, Can't I just put a bigger motor in it?
Hi all! My wheel is kinda done now. I just don't wanna continue with these crappy electronics. Is there someone that can code a program so I could use an other type on engine? I really want FFB that can break your fingers so strong. Any suggestions? I really want to get rid of the current stuff. I've also heard it's possible that you count the amount of degrees, and after the max, the engine goes full strength so it's impossible to turn the wheel anymore. I'd like to hear some feedback from you guys that can help me. I am willing to pay money for someone that can make such an app and suggest me all the other stuff like engine etc.
What software are you running it from now? The logitech drivers? Surely somewhere in the config files there must be the force variable you can change. I know that you can change it in the RBR (Richard Burns Rally) cfg files so that you get much much more force out of the wheel - even when the logitech drivers are matched.

Edit: Brilliant project by the way, take some pictures so we can see it in action!
Quote from mcintyrej :What software are you running it from now? The logitech drivers? Surely somewhere in the config files there must be the force variable you can change. I know that you can change it in the RBR (Richard Burns Rally) cfg files so that you get much much more force out of the wheel - even when the logitech drivers are matched.

Edit: Brilliant project by the way, take some pictures so we can see it in action!

Hm... Dunno, I really want something new, because this is just not enough. I will check a con fig file though. I am using Logitech profiler. I will try to remember to take pics tomorrow.
Sorry for double post.
I've made 3 new pictures. As you can see it is a bit transparent now, hehe. The red stuff on the large gear is just some grease. I've finialy Connected the wires for buttons, flappy pedals and thel lights. It isn't the best way to do it, but it is just to get the buttons work. Soon I will put the wires in the wheel itself so you can't even see them. But I really need some serious FFB... :P
Attached images
Pic1.jpg
Pic2.jpg
Pic3.jpg
iSteer, do you?
im trully sorry for the revival of these thread .

but i noticed you used alot of rc car parts .well i think anyway lol.

im an rc drifter so i have plenty of rc car parts.also i noticed you used alot of alloys and stuff ,so i have another convenient fact ...i live right next door to a metal works .also another i own a momo and want more steering .would this be an easy prodject for me?
Hmm... I can't remember I used RC parts. I think it is an easy project. It is just not worth the money for the ballscrew etc. Unless you got an other FFB system.

Are there people here who could help me?
Bose, great job, you work really hard on this wheel.
I sujest you check out on this link where Frex´s wheel is undercover.
I hope it will help you and maybe change a little your desing using two screw ball nut. I think this is the best way to get really strong force feedback.
I on my own also working on a FFB wheel from scrach, soon i´ll post some pics.
Keep working.
Quote from willynovi :Bose, great job, you work really hard on this wheel.
I sujest you check out on this link where Frex´s wheel is undercover.
I hope it will help you and maybe change a little your desing using two screw ball nut. I think this is the best way to get really strong force feedback.
I on my own also working on a FFB wheel from scrach, soon i´ll post some pics.
Keep working.

Okay. Could you link me to where that FREX is undercover? Thanks, I really have worked hard indeed. Keep me informed of your project
Looks nice. I didn't really learn alot more about the FREX

Making my own wheel
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG