The online racing simulator
Upload onto Swiss servers, tell them to shove their copyright up their arse as they can't touch it.
I'm never buying CD's again.

On a serious note CD's are a rip off.
Quote from Bean0 :Now that there are 10million apps that rip YT vids/audio, it has just become another place to share music. All of The Prodigy's latest album was on there before it was released in the shops, just a static image with audio. It is because of users abusing it in this way that they have taken this approach.

FYI I purchased that album based on youtube videos, I got it on itunes and on CD so I could play it in my car. Without youtube I might not have purchased the album because I don't listen to the radio. They like to tell people how much money they lose because of piracy and things like youtube, but what they don't tell you is how much money they make because of it.
luckily for me barely any of my videos have stuff from WMG on them, had a couple of Muse tracks muted but that's the extent of the damage.

Think this just proves that after the major record label's massive own-goal they want to take out as much stuff as possible before they finally expire. I love CDs, I like having the physical product in my hands but without the internet I would never have discovered about 50% of the stuff I now listen to
I don't get the problem though..

Company A publishes Song A.

Person A uploads Song A.

Company A loses no sale from the virtual play of song A because they would have uploaded it to their site.

Company A then either place ads on the song, or remove it.

Removal = less airplay = less people hear it = fewer sales.

It's nothing to do with sales - It's about getting up people's arses.
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but does this therefore mean that any video uploaded that is recorded somewhere where music is playing in the background but is kind of background noise, and isnt anything to do with what the video is about will be muted as well???

The only reason i ask is that a lot of my mates fruit machine videos are recorded in an arcade (obviously!) in hunstanton and cineworld in cambridge, both of which have music playing all the time which has inevitably been unintentionally picked up in the background on his videos due to the fact it is fairly loud, especially at the cinema/bowling alley/arcade in cambridge.

I know how pissed he will be if they are muted, especially as he now has over 300 vids on his channel, and i would say a good half of them have background music in them.
Quote from danthebangerboy :but does this therefore mean that any video uploaded that is recorded somewhere where music is playing in the background but is kind of background noise, and isnt anything to do with what the video is about will be muted as well???

Small chance. Only music from the list in the OP will get muted. And it needs to be recognizable enough before the software ticks it as a certain track, which is difficult if the video is in a public area with lots of background noise.

Besides, it would already have been muted.
Quote from (SaM) :Small chance. Only music from the list in the OP will get muted. And it needs to be recognizable enough before the software ticks it as a certain track, which is difficult if the video is in a public area with lots of background noise.

Besides, it would already have been muted.

Thats good then, as there are other ambient sounds such as other machines being played, general chatter, plus my mate shouts his head off if he wins anyway, so much that the sound distorts as he has his phone right close to him as arcades don't like you to video, so its always on the sly like.
#34 - 5haz
Fun and enjoyment are now officially banned on the internets, because they don't make enough moneh.

I fear the day that someone claims the intellectual property rights to the air we breathe.
Further Youtube oppression for you Brits-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7933565.stm

Quote from BBC :
YouTube is blocking all premium music videos to UK users after failing to reach a new licensing agreement with the Performing Right Society (PRS).
Thousands of videos will be unavailable to YouTube users from later on Monday.
Patrick Walker, YouTube's director of video partnerships, told BBC News that the move was "regrettable".
Steve Porter, head of the PRS, said he was "outraged... shocked and disappointed" by YouTube's decision.
In a statement, Mr Porter said the move "punishes British consumers and the songwriters whose interests we protect and represent".
The PRS has asked YouTube to reconsider its decision as a "matter of urgency".

This action has been taken without any consultation with PRS for Music and in the middle of negotiations between the two parties

PRS statement

The body, which represents music publishers, added: "Google has told us they are taking this step because they wish to pay significantly less than at present to the writers of the music on which their service relies, despite the massive increase in YouTube viewing.
"This action has been taken without any consultation with PRS for Music and in the middle of negotiations between the two parties."
Mr Walker told BBC News the PRS was seeking a rise in fees "many, many factors" higher than the previous agreement.
He said: "We feel we are so far apart that we have to remove content while we continue to negotiate with the PRS."
"We are making the message public because it will be noticeable to users on the site."

Consumers must be scratching their heads in amazement at such obstacles to delivering legal content in a timely and straightforward fashion.

Darren Waters, Technology editor, BBC News website

Read more on the Dot.Life blog

Videos will begin to be blocked from 1800 GMT with the majority of them made inaccessible over the next two days.
YouTube pays a licence to the PRS which covers the streaming of music videos from three of the four major music labels and many independent labels.
Stream online
While deals with individual record labels cover the use of the visual element and sound recording in a music video, firms that want to stream online also have to have a separate deal with music publishers which covers the music and lyrics.
In the UK, the PRS acts as a collecting society on behalf of member publishers for licensing fees relating to use of music.
YouTube stressed that it continued to have "strong partnerships" with three of the four largest record labels in the world.
Mr Walker said the PRS was asking for a "prohibitive" rise in the cost of a new license.
While not specifying the rate the PRS was seeking, he said: "It has to be a rate than can drive a business model. We are in the business for the long run and we want to drive the use of online video.
"The rate they are applying would mean we would lose significant amounts of money on every stream of a music video. It is not a reasonable rate to ask."
New deal
YouTube has also complained of a lack of transparency by the PRS, saying the organisation would not specify exactly which artists would be covered by any new deal.
"That's like asking a consumer to buy a blank CD without knowing what musicians are on it," a statement from YouTube UK says on its official blog.
YouTube is the world's most popular online video site but has been under increased pressure to generate more revenue since its purchase by Google for $1.65 billion in 2006.
"We are not willing to do this [new licensing deal] at any cost," said Mr Walker.
He said the issue was an industry-wide one and not just related to YouTube.
"By setting rates that don't allow new business models to flourish, nobody wins."
Services such as Pandora.com, MySpace UK and Imeem have also had issues securing licence deals in the UK in the last 12 months.

Seriously, when will it end?
Quote from LFSn00b :My guess is when hell freezes.

Well it's already getting pretty damn cold down here.
Youtube is going downhill.
Quote from SamH :
By pulling this kind of crap, WMG (and RIAA and IFPI etc) are just going public about their own suicides.

True, I just wish their lobbies weren't so successful at pushing through bullshit legislation like the DMCA, which will exist long after these companies die off.

Quote from SamH :They're muting all the audio on videos you upload, with this music in them.

I noticed this a couple days ago on the "BBC F1 Intro 1990" video, because of course it uses The Chain in its audio. Now that video is silent.
word.'s picture pretty much sums it up.
Around December last year, Youtube blocked Germanies most viewed and subscribed channel ("Coldmirror", a girl making very famous fan dubs of the Harry Potter movies(from Warner)), because she uploaded the first two movies (but cut in 10 minute pieces, and with her own audio track)

The thousands of fans began bombing Youtube with protest mails, and some weeks later that channel was reactivated, magic Youtube wrote that it was only a system failure...
I even saw some maiden songs muted even if its not in the list...
Fuking stupid
I will be very happy if music industry dies.
In Latvia 500 bloggers got notification that they sites contains illegal materials.
Those materials were coldplay and other group clips embedded as youtube player.

No comments...
As long as organizations like WMG (in USA), kAKKA/LAAme (LV) and others will live, crysis won't end.

Edit: sorry for double post.
thank goodness my fav band is not blocked
Quote from h3adbang3r :Recently, the Warner Music Group have been having Youtube videos containing music published by them muted or taken down. Personally, I think this is an incredibly stupid move by a corrupt, greedy corporation. Why not let us play music on our videos, where the music has the chance to be advertised and spread around?

List of WMG artists (Which will get your video muted/removed if you submit them with any of the following content)
0-9

* 10,000 Maniacs

* Day26
A

* A
* AC/DC
* The Afghan Whigs
* Against Me!
* Alesha Dixon
* Herb Alpert
* Amber Pacific
* America
* Andrea Corr
* Anita Baker
* Ash
* Ashley Tisdale
* Atmosphere
* Atreyu
* Avenged Sevenfold
* Ayaka
* All-American Rejects
B

* The B-52's
* Bad Company
* Gnarls Barkley
* Basshunter
* Jimmy Barnes
* Beatsteaks
* The Beautiful South
* George Benson
* Better Than Ezra
* Big and Rich
* Björk
* Black
* Black Sabbath
* Blackfield
* Blaque
* blessthefall
* Blindside
* Blondie
* Body Count
* James Blunt
* Karla Bonoff
* Boyz N Da Hood
* Michelle Branch
* Bread
* The Breeders
* Jackson Browne
* Michael Bublé
* Buck 65
* Buffalo Springfield
* Black Stone Cherry
* Biffy Clyro
* Bullet For My Valentine
C

* Ryan Cabrera
* The Call
* Candlebox
* The Cars
* Daniela Castillo
* Peter Cetera
* Harry Chapin
* Tracy Chapman
* Cher
* Chicago
* Tanya Chua
* Eric Clapton
* Natalie Cole
* Judy Collins
* Phil Collins
* The Corrs
* Alice Cooper
* Cowboy Troy
* Christopher Cross
* The Cure
* Cradle of Filth
* CKY
* Cassie
* Coolio
* Collective Soul
* Paula Cole
* The Cranberries
* Cheap Trick
* Counting Crows

D

* Danity Kane (Bad Boy/Atlantic)
* The Darkness
* Craig David
* Sammy Davis, Jr.
* Death Cab for Cutie
* Diddy
* Dire Straits
* Disturbed
* Alesha Dixon
* Dokken
* The Doobie Brothers
* The Doors
* Down
* Devil Driver
* Dream Theater
* DCS
* DragonForce
* Depeche Mode
E

* The Eagles
* Eddie Cochrane
* Missy Elliott
* EZ (Pure Garage)
* Emmylou Harris
* Enigma
* Enya
* Eskimo Joe
* Elephant Man
* Eisley
* Evanescence
* Extremoduro
F

* Faster Pussycat
* Lupe Fiasco
* F.I.R.
* Flaming Lips
* Fleetwood Mac
* Fort Minor
* Aretha Franklin
* Stan Freberg
* Nelly Furtado (no longer with Warner)
* Khalil Fong
* Funeral for a Friend
* Flyleaf
* The Four Seasons
* Fall Out Boy

G

* Garbage
* George
* The Georgia Satellites
* Jimmie Dale Gilmore
* Glassjaw
* Glenn Frey
* Goo Goo Dolls
* Amy Grant
* Green Day
* David Gray
* Nanci Griffith
* Josh Groban
* Gyroscope
* Gorilla Zoe
* Genesis
* Peter Gabriel

H

* Bill Haley and His Comets
* Sara Hickman
* Faith Hill
* Paris Hilton
* HIM
* Hard-Fi
* Home & Away
* Hoodoo Gurus
* The Housemartins
* Vivian Hsu
* Huey Lewis and the News

I

* James Ingram
* In Flames
* Insane Clown Posse
* Natalie Imbruglia
J

* Colin James
* Etta James
* Jane's Addiction
* Ben Jelen
* Jet
* Jewel
* The Jimi Hendrix Experience
* Howard Jones
* Mike Jones
* Quincy Jones
* Spike Jones
* Jeremy Jordan
* William Joseph

K

* Chaka Khan
* Kid Rock
* Rilo Kiley
* Ben E. King
* Jocie Kok
* Talib Kweli
* Aaron Kwok
* Killswitch Engage

L

* Lazy Mutha ****a (Warner Music Hong Kong, Taiwan)
* Tom Lehrer
* Kelvin Tan Wei Lian
* Gordon Lightfoot
* Lillix
* Linkin Park
* London Boys
* Los Prisioneros
* Lost Prophets
* Frente!
* Luis Miguel (Singer)
* Luttenberger*Klug
* Lifehouse
* Avril Lavigne
* Donna Lewis

M

* M2M
* Madonna (no longer with Warner)
* Marion Raven(now with Eleven Seven Music)
* MIKA (first album only, but no longer with Warner)
* Mastodon
* Miriam Makeba
* Jessi Malay
* Maná
* Ziggy Marley
* Dean Martin
* matchbox twenty
* Michael McDonald
* Sarah Mclachlan
* The Men They Couldn't Hang
* Sergio Mendes
* Idina Menzel
* Natalie Merchant
* Metallica
* Lucia Micarelli
* Luis Miguel
* Kylie Minogue
* Joni Mitchell
* Moby
* Monkees, The
* Monrose
* Morrissey
* Van Morrison
* Alanis Morissette
* Mötley Crüe
* My Chemical Romance
* Muse
* Mutemath
* Machine Head
* Madina Lake
* Megadeth
N

* Me'shell Ndegeocello
* Nickelback
* Notorious B.I.G.
* Nightwish

O

* Mariana Ochoa
* Ol' Dirty Bastard
* Renee Olstead
* Opeth

P

* Panic at the Disco
* Pantera
* Papa Roach
* Pendulum
* Sean Paul
* Laura Pausini
* Toni Pearen
* Teddy Pendergrass
* Peter, Paul & Mary
* Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
* Phish
* Pixies
* Plies
* P.O.D.
* The Pogues
* Porcupine Tree
* Daniel Powter
* The Pretenders
* Prince
* The Prodigy
* Paramore
* Katy Perry

R

* The Ramones
* R.E.M.
* Leon Redbone
* Red Hot Chili Peppers
* Damien Rice
* Linda Ronstadt
* Tom Rush
* Patrice Rushen
* Ruslana
* Rob Thomas
* Rascal Flatts
S

* Jeffree Star (part of Independent Label Group/Warner Music's Popsicle Records)
* David Sanborn
* Alejandro Sanz
* Savage Garden
* Peter Schilling
* Seal
* The Sex Pistols
* Shifty
* Sugar Ray
* Simply Red
* Shinedown
* Carly Simon
* Paul Simon
* Nina Simone
* Simple Plan
* Frank Sinatra
* Nancy Sinatra
* The Sisters of Mercy
* Fiona Sit
* The Smiths
* Phoebe Snow
* Staind
* MC Solaar
* Static-X
* Dave Stewart
* Rod Stewart
* The Stooges
* Story of the Year
* Sugababes (first album only)
* The Sugarcubes
* Stefanie Sun (Sun Yanzi)
* Keith Sweat
* Sweetwater
* Slipknot
* Stone Sour
* Soulfly
* Skillet
* Sum 41
* System Of A Down
* Jordin Sparks

T

* Taking Back Sunday
* Tangerine Dream
* James Taylor
* Testament
* They Might Be Giants
* Third Eye Blind
* T.I.
* TISM (in Australia for re-releases only)
* Titãs
* Trapt
* Trivium
* Trillville
* Jolin Tsai
* Twista
* T-Pain

U

* Uncle Kracker
V

* Van Halen
* The Velvet Underground
* The Veronicas
* Violent Femmes

W

* Tom Waits
* Paul Wall
* Grover Washington, Jr.
* Ween
* Westernhagen
* Wiz Khalifa
* Within Temptation

X, Y, Z

* X
* Peter Yarrow
* Yes
* Neil Young
* Young Scrappy
* Warren Zevon
* Yung Joc
* ZZ Top

[/QUOTE]

what do i think ??

w@nkers.
Quote from theirishnoob :

what do i think ??

w@nkers.

Why u quoted all teh list?
Quote from Shadowww :Why u quoted all teh list?

Because he doesn't engage brain before clicking "post"
Just got one of mine revoked. Had to switch it with ghey audioswap
For some reason I found myself touching your left breast. (no like seriously, I was rubbing the screen and then your avatar appeared)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG