The online racing simulator
BBC F1 Commentary Team!?
(165 posts, started )
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :They haven't told us the most important factor......

....is The Chain back?

(It bloody better be....you hearing me BBC, otherwise me and some 'friends' are going march down to London village and beat you all in to within an inch of you're life's.......DON'T SCREW IT UP BY USING SODDING MOBY!!)

Telegraph

In reality (I think I remember that. It has owls and stuff in it, right?) they'd be spectacularly silly not to bring back the, llike, best opening theme-song of all time.
I kind of hope they don't confirm it's back, then it will be a suprise and they can draw on that excitement, people would watch just to find out if The Chain is back.
Quote from atc quicksilver :i kind of hope they don't confirm it's back, then it will be a suprise and they can draw on that excitement, people would watch just to find out if the chain is back.

qft +1
If they don't use it, Points of View will have enough letters complaining to fill ten swimming pools and bury Jeremy Vine alive in an other one. So if The Chain won't be used that the first race (it probably will be used at Australia), it will be back for Malaysia. I wouldn't be surprised if they use it before Free Practice on the Red Button.
Quote from DaveWS :I heard something about this last week. I was at PFi last wednesday with the loughborough kart club for an event in their pro karts, apparantly Hamilton was promoting the series you mentioned, but left about 30 mins before we arrived though.

I know, I was there! He spent freakin' ages talking to all the Cadets, hopefully we'll see him out karting in the summer. He seem pretty pumped about doing some proper karting again

I think him, and his dad especially really wanted to 'put something back' by helping Carolynn Hoy with her championship .Gonna be a mega few years hopefully

on topic - The Chain is back! no doubt re-mixed... badly! Anything is better than the Moby junk ITV-F1 had.
Quote :And every single on-track session can be watched on the red button or online.

I wonder if the site will only allow UK IPs to do this. ITV's used to.

Hopefully I'll finally have an alternative to SPEED when I want to watch the race live.
Quote from Lateralus :I wonder if the site will only allow UK IPs to do this. ITV's used to.

Hopefully I'll finally have an alternative to SPEED when I want to watch the race live.

I doubt it. In the UK we are forced to pay a TV tax and that goes towards the BBCs budget. Unlike ITV which is a commercial organisation, the BBC is publicly funded

You aren't gonna be able to watch it
Quote from HVS5b :Brundle was on radio 5 during Sunday evening when I was driving home from the Lakes. He confirmed The Chain would be the theme track and that there would be no HD feeds.

everybody knows there is no HD feeds, they cant broadcast in HD if they arent actually getting an HD feed. does nobody ever read this?
Quote from Intrepid :I doubt it. In the UK we are forced to pay a TV tax and that goes towards the BBCs budget. Unlike ITV which is a commercial organisation, the BBC is publicly funded

You aren't gonna be able to watch it

he is, really. spoofing a UK ip address is just about the easiest thing in the world.

You are not forced to pay TV license, either
Quote from FlyeThemoon :THE CHAIN song Returns to BBC yeah i still love listing Fleetwood Mac The Chain song.

They have heaps of other legendary songs too, you know... Go Your Own Way, Dreams, Rhiannon, Little Lies, Sara, Landslide, etc etc etc.

The Chain is one of their lesser songs, although its bass riff is probably the most famous in the world (alongside So Far Away by Dire Straits). John McVie is the best bassist in rock history, IMHO.
Quote from samjh :They have heaps of other legendary songs too, you know... Go Your Own Way, Dreams, Rhiannon, Little Lies, Sara, Landslide, etc etc etc.

The Chain is one of their lesser songs, although its bass riff is probably the most famous in the world (alongside So Far Away by Dire Straits). John McVie is the best bassist in rock history, IMHO.

Fleetwood Mac with nicks on lead vocals then yes... but the other membesr on the mic were just pants
Everywhere was a good'n too! And Tusk
Quote from BlueFlame :You've emailed him before tho haven't you Kev?

Yeah a couple of times. I like him because he's a proper journalist, not a sports presenter. He doesn't big up the show, he reports the race.

Apparently he's not very popular in the pit lane - that's why Louise was always interviewing drivers after they'd retired. I think the paddock is a bit suspicious of Ted. I like that about him.
Quote from Intrepid :Fleetwood Mac with nicks on lead vocals then yes... but the other membesr on the mic were just pants

Nonsense! Christine's singing is/was great - technically better than Nicks, although Nicks had more spirit. Nicks sounded good until cocaine took her voice apart.

Anywhoo...

I wouldn't have minded the BBC using some other song. The Chain is good, but it's getting a bit long in the tooth. Even legends have to fade some day. (Runs for cover!)
Ah,, Stevie Nicks, the true sound of a bleating goat.
Quote from DeKo :everybody knows there is no HD feeds, they cant broadcast in HD if they arent actually getting an HD feed. does nobody ever read this?

Is it nice up there? Heres hoping the horse bucks.
Quote from samjh :Nonsense! Christine's singing is/was great - technically better than Nicks, although Nicks had more spirit. Nicks sounded good until cocaine took her voice apart.

Anywhoo...

I wouldn't have minded the BBC using some other song. The Chain is good, but it's getting a bit long in the tooth. Even legends have to fade some day. (Runs for cover!)

I agree another song would have been nice but no doubt the BBC would get it wrong. They seem SO far of the mark with MotoGP its beyond belief.

Christines can go 'technically better' my arse! nicks 4eva
Quote from Intrepid :I agree another song would have been nice but no doubt the BBC would get it wrong. They seem SO far of the mark with MotoGP its beyond belief.

Christines can go 'technically better' my arse! nicks 4eva

Imo, the Fleetwood Mac sound is all Buckingham, not that he was with the band since day one of course.
Stevie Nicks sings in a slightly annoying way, she does good harmonies, but I don't usually like her as the lead vocalist. Distinctive, though. Rumours is a brilliant album, I urge anyone who has never listened to it all the way through to do so asap. There's also much more to The Chain than just "dum. da da dum dadadada dum".
Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits has all you need but I love the way this thread has been completely hijacked.
Quote from BlueFlame :Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits has all you need but I love the way this thread has been completely hijacked.

Guilty as charged.

Nevertheless, good music invigorates the soul, so it's worth it. Try their 1997 The Dance tour DVD. Best live performance ever.

BBC F1 Commentary Team!?
(165 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG