The online racing simulator
Virtual LFS Dashboard
(529 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Andy King :Hi All,
I have got LFSRelax and VDash working together now using Erazotropa's Port Forwarding Utility, thanks. Does the Port Forwarding utility let me add a normal IP of a mate and pass the info to his VDash if I wanted as this would be great in Endurance Racing so my team mate can see whats happening with car even if not allowed on Server to spec.

Some sugestions besides the maximise sugestions I have put forward...

1) Can VDash display the number of LAPS left in fuel tank. Like LFSRelax does, after completing your outlap, then a full Lap it calculates fuel used then tells you how many LAPS of fuel you have. Then let the user decide when the low fuel warning light shows in setup by number of Laps, Litres or Percentage left in tank.

2) Can we have an audiable bleep configurable in setup for max revs as we teach a lot of Rookies and it helps teaching with gear changes.

Fantastic programing Erazotropa its going to be the biz.

1) Sorry no, Vlfsdash only works with OutGauge Data not Insim data.
Maybe in the future I will make app, that show time/lap etc information.

2) Well I can take a look how to play a sample on the moment the shiftlight lights up..
Hi Erazotropa,
Does the Port Forwarding utility let me add a normal IP of a mate and pass the info to his VDash if I wanted as this would be great in Endurance Racing so my team mate can see whats happening with car even if not allowed on Server to spec.

Quote from Erazotropa :1) Sorry no, Vlfsdash only works with OutGauge Data not Insim data.

Can't it connect to both so we only need one program running instead of 2 or more to get whats needed.
Well, I have a totaly new feature working right now..

I have made it possible to get VLFSDash to send out all indicator light data out to the PC's serial port.

With some minor hardware (microcontroller) it is now possible to make hardware lights
I have made it with almost free hardware (sampling)

This is specialy intresting if you are making a Button box, and want the indicator lights next to the buttons..

I will make a video tonight and post it here
Quote from Andy King :Hi Erazotropa,
Does the Port Forwarding utility let me add a normal IP of a mate and pass the info to his VDash if I wanted as this would be great in Endurance Racing so my team mate can see whats happening with car even if not allowed on Server to spec.

Can't it connect to both so we only need one program running instead of 2 or more to get whats needed.

You can pass you're outgauge data straight away over the internet, no problemo..
Just fill in his IP and make sure he opens up the udp port in his Router and Windows firewall.. and voila
As promised, a little video showing the hardware + VLFSdash

The hardware used is a developmentboard for microcontrollers.
In real the hardware could be much smaller with less components.

I will be making a PCB, with a USB <-> RS-232 converter onboard with a micro controller.
There will be several outputs wich can be used, also extra outputs for future use.
The board will get its power supply via USB, wich provides enough power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwetzkFLqhE
I got a usb microcontroller just like that... With like 8 digital outputs and stuff :P I`m gonna learn to use it..
GI Rev Meter
Quote from Latanturle :Why don't you use with virtual dashboard, GI Rev Meter which can shows physically, with different leds a lot of parameters.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=13973&page=1

Most new pc's dont have Parallel ports anymore.
A usb to serial converter cable is more usefull in that case.

With the hardware i made, you can connect a LCD with shows data(i also use now for debugging), connect a 7seg also (wich im implementing right now).

I am also busy working on a ethernet hardware version.. wich receives OutGauge data via Ethernet, so you have a standalone Outgauge receiver, wich does the same as mentioned above.. and can do a lot more

Pictures will follow
So GOOD !
Quote from Erazotropa :Most new pc's dont have Parallel ports anymore.
A usb to serial converter cable is more usefull in that case.

With the hardware i made, you can connect a LCD with shows data(i also use now for debugging), connect a 7seg also (wich im implementing right now).

I am also busy working on a ethernet hardware version.. wich receives OutGauge data via Ethernet, so you have a standalone Outgauge receiver, wich does the same as mentioned above.. and can do a lot more

Pictures will follow

Dear Erazotropa,

You are right, I just hope that you'll publish all schematics about this project which seems so promising - You are doing a fantastic work which sends to prehistoric times all that had been done before.

Let'go !
dose it work on psp?
Quote from Latanturle :Dear Erazotropa,

You are right, I just hope that you'll publish all schematics about this project which seems so promising - You are doing a fantastic work which sends to prehistoric times all that had been done before.

Let'go !

Yes, i will publish schematics and software when ready

I have taken another video of VLFSDash + RS-232 Hardware.
Now i have added a LCD display for showing Speed/RPM/Gear and ofcourse the indicator lights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3CVm03lgvA
Virtual dashboard Addon
Quote from Erazotropa :Yes, i will publish schematics and software when ready

I have taken another video of VLFSDash + RS-232 Hardware.
Now i have added a LCD display for showing Speed/RPM/Gear and ofcourse the indicator lights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3CVm03lgvA

I have seen yout last video, it's just Exceptional ! Very very good Job ! The best addon I have seen untill now.
how do i run on PSP i was asking the guy but hes not writing... anyone ? tell me how to run on PSP
This is great! Nice work. I am going to make a cockpit, so I will definitely build in a dash pod and use this. Looks awesome
i wanted to usie it but in lfs i get an error ... InSim : first byte in packet does not match size ... whats the problem?
Quote from Swingal :i wanted to usie it but in lfs i get an error ... InSim : first byte in packet does not match size ... whats the problem?

No, Idea what could be wrong..
But VLFSDash is not using Insim at all..

It is only using the Outgauge packets.
Wow this is amazing! Is there something like this that displays your rear view mirror(s) too? Also, will this app work with the demo?
Quote from deiwisxxx :how do i run on PSP i was asking the guy but hes not writing... anyone ? tell me how to run on PSP

I think he is using some type of vnc, i tried it on my ipod but couldnt figure out how to get my pc monitor full screen and my ipod with the dashboard (i dont think its possible for ipod)
Help me !!!
I get this fail !

What can i do !?
Sos
Quote from mat6681 :Help me !!!
I get this fail !

What can i do !?

Open LFS Folder and open CFG.txt with Block Notes, look at the number which is allocated to outgauge port, for me it's 11111, you open now virtual dashboard, you click on setup and type the number you have found for UDP Port, click on apply et voila . . voila !

Well, I finally got today my Lilliput 8.4" TouchScreen (for use with TouchBuddy software) and I can tell you that VLFSD works very well with it.
I touched it many times while driving and nothing happened.
It just "beeped" as usual, no resizing, no focus problems...nothing.
VLFSD just works !!

Edit1:
Well, after trying LFS also with some TouchBuddy profiles, and getting no in-game input at all, I started thinking that I might have some kind of touchscreen setup problems. This could be the reason why VLSFD works with my touchscreen without flaws!
I'm waiting for some answer on the TouchBuddy thread.

For those interested, the thread is located here:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1074265#post1074265

Edit2:
Problem solved! It was Microsoft Powertoy TweakUI interfering with game window focus.
Uninstalled TweakUI, everything works fine, and I should also add that VLFSD keeps on running just fine!!!

And for mat6681 with the INSIM UPD BIND FAILED error:
launch VLFSDashboard, click on "setup", then "help".
It tells you everything you need.
-
(Ripley) DELETED by Ripley
Hey, im trying to run this on the same PC, I have it set up, same port in cfg and Dashboard, all i get is Outgauge::UDPConnect : Connect failed? Please can someone help me :P

Edit- Fixed, i checked the help file and had some text wrong in my CFG, great application
Does this thing run on Nintendo DS lite? im asking because i see that it seems to run on PSP very nicely...
Quote from EliteAti :Does this thing run on Nintendo DS lite? im asking because i see that it seems to run on PSP very nicely...

Afaik the PSP is just running some VNC program, so its proberly abit laggy looking, im not sure if DS lite has such a program, but if it does i dont see why it wouldnt work
This thread is closed

Virtual LFS Dashboard
(529 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG