The online racing simulator
How fast did you go on public roads?
(228 posts, closed, started )
#26 - Jakg
very funny - If you really want to know it will do in excess of 100 MPH (GPS speed, not indicated) but I don't exactly think the el cheapo brakes or tires are designed to stop it going at that speed.
Quote from T.J. :I swear I was wearing my seatbelt :P

That is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Posting your speed, if you feel the need then fine. Boasting about not wearing your seat belt as if we'll be impressed, DICKHEAD!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :£550 TPFT... 160mph and 0-60 in 3 seconds.. aged 17. FTW

0-60 in 4 seconds AND I can carry a passenger with me (in relative comfort) :P Sadly it's not actually mine and it lives in our garage pretty much 364 days of the year

Quote from S14 DRIFT :That 'ain't a cruise.. that's a flat out pedal to the metal drive.

Haha white-knuckle ride in the Proton WOOOOOO.
Hmm, I agree with garph. Speed is cool enough, "look at me i'm being dangerous and think it's cool" isn't

ANYWAY ON TOPIC.

(pb32000 who the hell wants to take a passenger.. "I'll see ya there!" )
#30 - 5haz
Just find yourself a 2 mile runway and then gun it.

Just don't forget to ask ATC first!

Post No. 1337!
Wait untill the germans discover this thread.
We already have a topic exactly like this one. Now the whining starts again.
#33 - T.J.
Quote from garph :That is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Posting your speed, if you feel the need then fine. Boasting about not wearing your seat belt as if we'll be impressed, DICKHEAD!

I was actually wearing my seatbelt.. The "Wear Seatbelt" light was broken :P
That's all right then. I can take you off my retard list.

It's the :P at the end, makes it look like you're taking the piss.
Quote from J@tko :I've been 35mph on my bike.

Does this count?

Yes and I know thats crap, but I live in a flat area of england

You loose, I've done 36mph . I could've hit 40, but I didn't want to be blinded by grit or killed by an oncoming lorry
#36 - T.J.
Quote from garph :That's all right then. I can take you off my retard list.

It's the :P at the end, makes it look like you're taking the piss.

I know.. It was intended so I could defend myself later xD

Edit: Actually I just sucks at getting the right meaning out of a sentence..
How fast does an ambulance go when taking a player (me) who decided it was a good idea to headbutt the goalpost and knock himself out?
#38 - T.J.
Fast enough I bet :P
Quote from Joris :Wait untill the germans discover this thread.

did 210km/h on the Autobahn in our A6, and drove my 1.0 Lupo into the limiter at 165 (indicated, so a bit less)

On a normal road perhaps 140 down a hill with good view (and no place to hide speed cameras )
One day a guy took me home in his A3, and needed to show me he could do 200 on a backroad , last time I drove with him.
High speeds have a time and a place, the time is somewhat irrelevent, the place?? German autobahn!
The fastest I ever went on two wheels (not as a passenger) was 60-ish km/h down a mountain, in Austria. That was on asphalt though. I wouldn't dare to ride that fast offroad.

On four wheels with myself behind the wheel would be about 130kmh on the highway.
Well I don't really break the speed limits, I always flow with the traffic. Fastest I've gone was around 170km/h measured by the clock with a '05 1.9PDTDI T5, on my way to Radfeld Thats probably around 155km/h, the clock lies a lot in this one.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :£550 TPFT... 160mph and 0-60 in 3 seconds.. aged 17. FTW

Pffft

What good is that when you crash it coming out of a car park. You're cool...
Despite my earlier jokey posts, there is a serious side to all this.

Speed is sometimes fun, but can always be dangerous. On your own in a car on deserted motorway or somewhere i would say is ok for pushing it a bit, as you only have yourself to blame or injure if it all goes wrong, which it can (richard hammond??) plus you are not putting any other innocent road users at risk.

Silly speeds and rural roads is a very bad thing, as is acting like a race car driver on the roads if you have passengers, i can literally lose count of mutual friends, plus three very good mates that i have lost due to excess speed on unsuitable roads and road conditions, and every one of them was either a passenger, or an innocent party involved in a collision with a rally wannabe or a drink driver.
I went to 10 000 km/h.

/thread
115 mph, then I hit the governor. I don't think I would have wanted to go much faster anyway though.
#47 - 5haz
Quote from DeKo :completely true, but i think it can be used as like damning your character in court, the prosecution could easily print this off and show it to the jury, and while it wouldnt be enough evidence to convict you of speeding, it would'nt help at all if you were up for another driving related offence.

Read through this, just shows how posting on forums can have an influence on a conviction.

http://prison-diary.blogspot.com/

I've just spent some time reading all of that. Makes for an interesting read I must say and also makes me slightly paranoid about some of the nonsense I slap on the intarwebnets.
Quote from danthebangerboy :High speeds have a time and a place, the time is somewhat irrelevent, the place?? German autobahn!

Other than the legalities of it, explain the reason that the autobahn is fine, but any other road of which none of you would have any clue what that road is, it is not ok to speed at ridiculous speeds.

Is the autobahn magic or something to where it is impossible to crash and hurt yourself or to crash and hurt someone else?

"The autobahn has no pedestrians" or similar is not a valid arguement. If one does not know where the road that someone else drives fast on, then it's quite possible that the road is similar, only that it has a speed limit.

So, any of you "you're an idiot" jumpers want to explain?

Fastest I ever drove, 125 mph in my Nissan Altima. Not very fast and I think it had more. Fastest on the bike was topped out at 116 I am guessing (120 indicated). I hit it and immediately let go of the throttle. That was some scary shit as I didn't have a sportbike.
#50 - DeKo
Quote from mrodgers :Other than the legalities of it, explain the reason that the autobahn is fine, but any other road of which none of you would have any clue what that road is, it is not ok to speed at ridiculous speeds.

Is the autobahn magic or something to where it is impossible to crash and hurt yourself or to crash and hurt someone else?

"The autobahn has no pedestrians" or similar is not a valid arguement. If one does not know where the road that someone else drives fast on, then it's quite possible that the road is similar, only that it has a speed limit.

So, any of you "you're an idiot" jumpers want to explain?

Fastest I ever drove, 125 mph in my Nissan Altima. Not very fast and I think it had more. Fastest on the bike was topped out at 116 I am guessing (120 indicated). I hit it and immediately let go of the throttle. That was some scary shit as I didn't have a sportbike.

absolutely no chance was 120 indicated actually 116, no idea where you pulled that figure from, would be closer to about 100 - 110
This thread is closed

How fast did you go on public roads?
(228 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG