The online racing simulator
How fast did you go on public roads?
(228 posts, closed, started )
@ Electric eye. bunch of retards?

couldnt agree more mate.

I just hit 18 years old and got my licence when i was 17. Lost my licence for 3 months, 2 months in. So ive had my licence for 9 months. Was speeding 90kph in a 50 kph zone. Stupid ay? Gets more stupid. Got my licence back, calmed down abit on the road, but not for long. Was going 235kph in a BMW 320i, which was redline in 5th gear and 210kph in a Subaru liberty RX. Not once or twice, all the time when i had the chance. Got caught one day. Ive now lost my licence for over a year and have to go to court to see where im going to end up in life. Ive done alot of street racing through alot of national parks where the roads are all bends and hills which are pretty extreme. Never lost against anyone. Almost lost my life alot of times though.

So im here, not to 'toot my horn' or showoff. Am i proud? I was proud at the time until i looked at the big picture at what i was doing. Risking other peoples lives, and my own on the road. I leave this post in embarrasment about what i did on the road, i wont even go into detail of the things i would do on the roads.

Ill tell anyone who is on the road speeding. I know speeding may be out of just enjoyment and not trying to hurt anyone, but it's just not worth it. Its retarded. Its stupid. Its beyond stupid. I may now get locked up and do some time because of the Australian laws these days for what? Abit of enjoyment and rush for speed/racing on the streets? I regret every bit of it and i wish i could say to myself back then not to do it, but it takes something to learn your lesson. I still even today get lectured non stop about how stupid i am, and people reading this, ill probably get told even more how much of a retard i am. But if you dont learn to back off and slow down now, you will end up learning when you see a mate on life support in hospital, have your mrs leave you or see yourself possibly going to jail.

I got a CRG KT1 recently thinking ill be able to race this year. Because i have no licence,i cant get to the tracks, so i cant race on the track, and having a passion to race, im sure many of you have, it f*cking sucks not to be able to race for a very long time, because of stupidity.
Quote from aoun :Ive done alot of street racing through alot of national parks where the roads are all bends and hills which are pretty extreme. Never lost against anyone. Almost lost my life alot of times though.

Twisties FTW

Nothing like going fast through a nice set of corners in the hills
statute of limitations haven't run out, so I'm just posting to remind myself to tell the story later...
havnt been on public road, just was mudding with my mazda 626 when it was okay, now its smashed (not by me).

But i remember, 1 year ago my friend invited me and my bro to theyr party. It was 3km away. We went there with our scooters. When we got there, my bro drank some vodka with people and then my friend decided to go on road with hes bro's Probe. Dude driving the car didnt saw anything on the road, he was so drunk that he couldnt keep hes head up straight. He accelerated to 160km/h+ and we all were screaming in the car so he could slow down. He was too feck'd and didnt. We drove from side to side i can say. Suddenly few cars were coming from the front and the passenger slowly pulled the handbrake and steered until we stopped in side of the road. My bro went to drive himself, everything was okay until that same dude got in the wheel again. We drove out on 40-50km/h and we got out, driver cryed lil bit and then we drove some more. We got somewhere, saw house. 1 friend took 1 window off the house and we ran away to the car. Thank god that we got back better than when we got there. But i can say that this whole ride i was so scared. Damn

Edit: I also did a movie with my phone but i dont think that i have it somewhere anymore. It was pretty long time ago.
I was on vacation once and I took my aunts Volvo 240 GL for a ride.. that reliable piece of swedish steel did 170km/h on the roads of north of Norway..
i don't want to look like a moralizer, but this thread evokes a kind of vicarious embarassment in me.

going fast on public roads, in the vast majority of cases inseparably linked to breaking the law, is nothing one should brag about and really no single one of you should be proud of.

i do not need to mention the fact that this somehow increases the danger on roads, not only for yourselves but also for absolutely innocent people. this should be plain obvious.
i simply cannot understand what the hell is so great about driving way faster than what it says on the signs next to the road.

i appreciate the post of aoun. just depicts where all this could lead to - despite he didn't hit rock bottom. if he did, he would not not be able to tell us of his past anymore.

do not get me wrong. i am not trying to say that i never go beyond the speed limit. would be an apparent lie, as i constantly do otherwise. i would not act up because of it though.

meh, most of you will probably just sit there, slightly shaking your heads in protest. anyway, my rant is over.
Quote from Biohazard :
i appreciate the post of aoun. just depicts where all this could lead to - despite he didn't hit rock bottom. if he did, he would not not be able to tell us of his past anymore.

I agree. Sadly, however, the only reaction it got was:

"Twisties FTW

Nothing like going fast through a nice set of corners in the hills"

personal top speed
220 km/h, VWS 1.4 TSI this Saturday on Bucharest - Constantza freeway.

Now I'm regularly checking my mail for police speedcam fines notices.
not exactly the fastest i've driven, but certainly something to remember...

pulled up to a stop light and realized my lane ended after the light... didn't want to get stuck behind the guy beside me, so i decided to gun it flat out when the light turned green. the thing just took off like crazy. long story short, i passed him with plenty of room to spare in both the ending lane, and between the slowpoke. and then i noticed the check engine light came on... turns out i blew the o2 sensor. (well, i don't know if it was truly me that caused it, but it happened after i gunned it)

yeah, it's not a race car, and i wasn't exactly going fast (110kmh in a 70kmh)... sure was fun though.
Once I had to try how it feels to go 200 km/h, but I don't know if I ever hit that again. I may powerslide wildly in the traffic or do a reverse j turn in a crowded parking lot, but going high speed is not rewarding at all compared to the huge risks. And considering comfortably and fuel economy, 150 km/h is quite close to the reasonable cruising top speed anyway.
-
(DeKo) DELETED by DeKo
Quote from hazaky :havnt been on public road, just was mudding with my mazda 626 when it was okay, now its smashed (not by me).

But i remember, 1 year ago my friend invited me and my bro to theyr party. It was 3km away. We went there with our scooters. When we got there, my bro drank some vodka with people and then my friend decided to go on road with hes bro's Probe. Dude driving the car didnt saw anything on the road, he was so drunk that he couldnt keep hes head up straight. He accelerated to 160km/h+ and we all were screaming in the car so he could slow down. He was too feck'd and didnt. We drove from side to side i can say. Suddenly few cars were coming from the front and the passenger slowly pulled the handbrake and steered until we stopped in side of the road. My bro went to drive himself, everything was okay until that same dude got in the wheel again. We drove out on 40-50km/h and we got out, driver cryed lil bit and then we drove some more. We got somewhere, saw house. 1 friend took 1 window off the house and we ran away to the car. Thank god that we got back better than when we got there. But i can say that this whole ride i was so scared. Damn

Edit: I also did a movie with my phone but i dont think that i have it somewhere anymore. It was pretty long time ago.

I wouldn't have told that.

I fukin hate drunk drivers.
Quote from Gabkicks :statute of limitations haven't run out, so I'm just posting to remind myself to tell the story later...

Wouldn't worry about the Statute of Limitations on the internet. Nothing to prove that anything you say is factual. Just don't post any video
I dont do speeding, and even if I speed, I would be struggling to get past 80mph (129 km\h), my Ford Focus' a slowpoke.
I did 74 in a 40 overtaking today.
this now officially makes you the coolest person around here :hide:
woooow...... my friend was toppin 80mph on the B1018, doesn't make it cool does it? :P
Quote from Xaid0n :woooow...... my friend was toppin 80mph on the B1018, doesn't make it cool does it? :P

Wow I want to meet this dude!
lol, if you can catch up with him :P he's a pretty good driver... That road he knows Very well as he grew up in the area, so 80mph is pretty easy for him
Quote from jibber :I agree. Sadly, however, the only reaction it got was:

"Twisties FTW

Nothing like going fast through a nice set of corners in the hills"

smile and wave just smile and wave
Quote from Osco :this now officially makes you the coolest person around here :hide:

If you've seen some of the speed limits in the UK you'd understand - there are some 60's where I do 30 and vice versa - some are utterly silly...
There's on 30mph along a typical run to a biker cafe for me.

It's 30mph through a little village and then it ends, and it's still 30mph for another mile or so after the village, even though there's no houses and the road can easily be ridden at 60mph, even more in a car - although I still tend to obey the 30mph limit, as I tend to obey these as it's so easy to be caught, just a cheap way to get points on your licence.
Quote from Jakg :If you've seen some of the speed limits in the UK you'd understand - there are some 60's where I do 30 and vice versa - some are utterly silly...

If you get caught doing 60 in a 30 zone that's potentially six points on your license. Given that you're a new driver, that's an immediate ban.

Just FYI.
I know - I probably should of rephrashed that.

There are some 30's where it's perfectly safe to do 60 - although usually I will do 40 through them because if I go any slower traffic will build up behind me and do stupid things.
Quote from Jakg :
There are some 30's where it's perfectly safe to do 60 - although usually I will do 40 through them because if I go any slower traffic will build up behind me and do stupid things.

Which is no excuse in a court of law.

You should set a speed and stick to it, if you start to let people behind you pressure you into going faster, it'll be YOU that gets in trouble, that gets caught for speeding, etc etc.

The worst they would really do is tailgate, if you feel there's a problem, pop some green P plates on your car, people should give you a bit more room then.
This thread is closed

How fast did you go on public roads?
(228 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG