The online racing simulator
LFS S2 and THX Dolby Surround
(13 posts, started )
does lfs s2 support dolby surround? or can i download a sound update so all my loudspeakers work with this game?
nope
Quote from dUmAsS :nope

Shame....
#4 - Fahim
Lmao @ nope. Blunt reply.

I have just set up my 5.1 to the pc and realised today that it wont work with lfs. Going to try out r factor, see what thats like with audio.
There is a "Speaker Fill" option in my sound drivers, which takes the 2 channel audio from anything and outputs it through all of the speakers. Not exactly surround, but it's better than just the 2 speakers.
So have a look at your settings, you may too have this option.
#6 - majod
I agree, its better playing with all speakers than with only front, if you have 5+1 or more...for SB cards you might find this option in EAX console, if you have multiple channel signal, it will play as you expect and all stereo signal will be cloned to rear speakers.
My rear speakers takes sound from LFS, and it's very strange, because I hear the wind and the engine but not the other things.

So it seems like LFS has a rear sound channel. Or this is some behavour common to all games? (also noticed this on F1 Challenge, didn't tried in rFactor)
Realtek does that for me listening to music too, it seems to split the sound to where it should go in surround. So my fronts get everything, but the rears and sub get what they should were it surround. It's kind of weird, but it works. Works a treat in LFS too
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Realtek does that for me listening to music too, it seems to split the sound to where it should go in surround. So my fronts get everything, but the rears and sub get what they should were it surround. It's kind of weird, but it works. Works a treat in LFS too

Oh yes, on some music tracks I get the same sound, and in other tracks I get the music without voices. That's great hehe
So all that LFS has is 2 channel stereo? That's a bit lame, no?
Well, im not using 5.1 system right now but im kinda 80% sure that there is possibility to force some of the channels like reverb to go on rear channels but im not sure about the car sound. Some channel stuff is also visible in audio settings too - not sure what it is. But the other thing is that its not that neccesary lol, use mirrors.
Quote from Whiskey :My rear speakers takes sound from LFS, and it's very strange, because I hear the wind and the engine but not the other things.

What makes this system is mix the Left and Rigth but one in negative signal, with this mix obtain the center of sound (no left and no right sound), and it is what reproduce the rear speakers. Normally is the reverb sound, voices and noise (wind)
Thats Dolby Pro-Logic that you've described... Does LFS output Pro-Logic then? i didn't know

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG