The online racing simulator
The Rfactor thread. (rF & rF2)
(431 posts, started )
This isnt the flame war, the lfs vs. gt5 vs. rfactor, its the rfactor thread.
both positive and negative but, rfactor only
but who am i to decide were this will go?
i think rfactor has its good and bads, im enjoying certain mods.
Which mods are you currently enjoying ?

Personally I think Bob Smith is great but the ginger beard leaves a lot to be desired.
:munching_

All I can say to this thread, really.
^yup. im running vanport intl. anso known as the track next door to me and the lemans race car. fun fun.
rFactor with the Historix mod, realfeel and a decent track is fantastic. I play rFactor a LOT more than I play LFS at the moment.
#8 - G!NhO
Gills do you have some sound fetish or something?
#11 - Osco
I spent most of my 60-minute demo time trying to set up my wheel properly. It was still shit. Maybe in time I'll try again but for now I'll stick with LFS.

The sounds were Ok-ish tho..
The demo cars are terrible, and certainly aren't representative of how a well-made addon car behaves.
^yup... exept the 2005 rhez!!!
Started to play it again a bit, recently had an race on SS track, Estonian cup with Megane's.
Mostly enjoying the Megane's and BMW E90.
About a year ago when I played I loved the Gallardo most. Dunno, but rF just feels a bit arcade for me, no idea why though.
Interesting..

The motion blur on the stationary screenshot looks terrible, but the rain effects look nice.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Interesting..

The motion blur on the stationary screenshot looks terrible, but the rain effects look nice.

In heavy rain... this is what it looks like in real life. Sorry to break the news to ya.
After I installed a pirated copy of GTR Evolution, my legit copy of rFactor suddenly wanted a key. :mad:

RAGE :gnasher:

Off to play GTR Evolution, I think...
that looks definately Awusome!
Quote from Dennis93 :In heavy rain... this is what it looks like in real life. Sorry to break the news to ya.

You get double vision when it rains? I'd see a doctor..
The water effect does look nice in those screens, but the double vision effect is rather odd. It does look exactly like StereoScopic 3D vision without the glasses. The video clip looks pretty nice but its a shame the water droplets are not animated to react to the wind/forward momentum.

They have achieved this pretty nicely in Rise Of Flight, with no cost to performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5INWNanLoZE

The best rain effect I have seen recently is GT5 though.
#23 - senn
kewl wonder if they've got boost modelled yet o_O All this fancy lookin gfx does nothing for me.. Show us videos of the engine simulation or tyre modelling or something...ya know related to a racing sim
Ewww... Look at those rims on the Renault. Is that a photoshop attempt of a 5 year old? Horribly 2D looking. Also, the HDR pics are terrible, even if they're WIP.

(431 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG