The online racing simulator
Quote from Byakugan :[You're not even making a good point, so why don't you stop whining?

Said the whiner in a last failed attempt to mislead casual readers.

Quote from Byakugan :Stop crying, son. I'm not demanding anything,

Your command of english seems pretty good, you are supposed to know the difference between 'I would like' and 'I want'. You are demanding something and in a rather rude way too... unless you want to take that back?

Quote from Byakugan :your arguments are broad and childish

Is that supposed to be irony?

First you say you want a better drift car, and the XRG is worthless. You are then reminded there are better cars, you say, it's not worth the money. Eventually you turn to perfectly happy with the content in demo.

And now to end up in style, you add:

Quote from Byakugan :I've bought pro street in the (vain) hope the physics werent THAT arcade

For one that values money as much as you, that must have been a hard blow I may be gullible but not to the point of buying NFS

Quote from Byakugan :You are just insulting

Now if I ever called you gullible or mindless, you might have had a point:

Quote from Byakugan :you are just gullible,

Quote from Byakugan :troublesome mindless preachers like you.

Call me names if that makes you feel better... you've already shown your true colors
Quote from S14 DRIFT :EXPLAIN. O_o

Btw, I read all of your rant and the fact remains that if you want extra content, you have to buy the game. It's tough if you disagree, because no amount of whining about how you don't get what you want will not get you it, if you see what I mean.

Its not meant to be a rant altough i do agree it does sound "rah rah";

I dont mind buying the game, its cheap, i dont see whats the big fuss about
or why some S2 licenced act like they own the world, its not a big deal.
Saying "im not buying the game if.." isnt gonna get me what i would want
as much as "i'll buy the game so you can do this and that..". No difference.

Lets break it down to this

what i would like to see in game and would make me really go for it:

-Tyres that actually look like tyres, choice to fit underfitted tyres
or that sort of look, tyre skinnable area should be fully, no model spot
visible. This is because on patch Z the tires are beige and you cant
cover that color -_-.

-Rims that look like rims, now i do know they are embedded in the exe
for some reason so they might just be generated rather than modeled,
i dont know, having rims that look like rims would make me happy tough.
Skinnable.

-not totally necessary but a car with a more sport sedan look, as i said,
s15 \ skyline \ RX7, that sort of look, more powerful than a XRT.

Rims and tyres are modelable in a day, i could pop a new rim and a new
tyre starting from the LFS basic tyres in 10 minutes, modeling in 3d
is really a whole lot easier then you think. The physical properties of them
should take a little more. Making a new car model is a week worth.
I say starting from the LFS model because i think they've coded physics
based on the 3d model, so instead of rewriting all the properties they'd just
have to do a lot less to make it happen.

things i think LFS needs but i'd buy it anyways even if it hadnt

-a more realistic lightining system, its not easy job, it migh need a whole
new graphic engine and directx's. I dont pressure this thing since i know
its the classic "rome wasnt built in a day" so its okhay.

-modeling as a whole could use a bit more polygons, so far this game
is really low poly and this technology was fully operable years ago.
This pretty much means a lot, lot of work so i dont stress this either.

-bump maps.

-engine choices for cars, aswell as rims sizes, partly is not necessary
for racing as per-se partly its not practical.

That being said, i heard that in the patch with the scirocco (which i
dont care about, its not RWD ) theres gonna be new tyre and rim
models which are gonna be skinnable (rim models starting from the hub
or something along those lines), so i'm waiting patiently to see whats
gonna come out.

As a reminder, S2 is cheap. Like i said above, i hold a lot of hope for
the upcoming patch, really do hope the whole rim+tyres in game
are gonna get a fresh touch with it.

Hope this clears it up. Sorry for smashing the thread.
Nightshift, stop trolling.
Why do you have to be a pain in the bum and type everything in incredibily small font and then hide it? It's very annoying to read.

Everything you said points to increasing power and putting rimz on cars so it seems like NFS is your ideal game!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Why do you have to be a pain in the bum and type everything in incredibily small font and then hide it? It's very annoying to read.

Everything you said points to increasing power and putting rimz on cars so it seems like NFS is your ideal game!

I'm sadic no really, I know theres people who dont care about reading this sort of stuff, so making it small and 'invisible' makes it easy for them to ignore.

I could pm it, sure, but i think its debatable stuff, I'm not asking for 25" rimszes or 1500hp cars, dont mistake me for those underaged NFS fans, this is not the case. I've been around for years and this topic was more or less seriously always brought up. It became just a taboo, its the endless fight with purists of realism, people who enjoy graphics andrealism, and preachers who just
jump around in all threads bashing demo racers yelling "BUYS2BUYS2".
Maybe these last few posts could get cropped off this thread and made into a thread named "things we debate in LFS, etc".

Everything i said leans on the graphic appeal, something is easily feasible, something is time consuming or 'beyond reach' for now.
I played most of the NFS series (even back when you had appealing cockpits), i bought prostreet mainly to drift in the iconic cars, s15, etc, you know the drill. I just couldnt believe how arcade they made it, even worse, your car was being driven in a "invisible rail", so even with all helps off, the game itself was controlling the car, not you, so it was physically garbage.

And on the other hand, yes, drifting a car with some more power than
a XRT would definately make my day, moreso with some aggressive
rims and underfitted tires, thats the drifters look and thats the kind
of content I'd like to pay for. Everything is not there in S2. Yet.
Devs have just realeased a F1-like car and soon the scirocco is coming out,
doesnt sound much drift oriented in my books.

Please do understand, I dont really like arcade games, but i have a sweet-tooth when it comes to graphic looks, so a graphic-tooth, and the whole drifting appeal is missing visual wise in LFS :|
And im pretty sure the drifting audience is a very large chunk of LFS; it
really is the most rewarding drifting game out there, afterall.

Thats about it.
Omg you do it again. Not reading.
one car huh..hmmm
Renault 5 Turbo Turbocharged 1397cc, I4, 160hp, RWD

No to all batmobile, superman power rocket shooting things. :doh:
Oh come on it would be fun, instead of worrying about blocking the guy behind you, you would have to be deploying counter measures to keep him from blowing you to the moon!! CHEA PWNAGE!
Ferrari 125 S - 1947

Was the first car ever build under the name of Ferrari. Only 2 were build and for me its one of the most beautiful cars! :-)

Only 2 were made... wonder how much one would sell for..
Lada riva " sport "

Quote from Byakugan : I'm sadic no really, I know theres people who dont care about reading this sort of stuff, so making it small and 'invisible' makes it easy for them to ignore.

I could pm it, sure, but i think its debatable stuff, I'm not asking for 25" rimszes or 1500hp cars, dont mistake me for those underaged NFS fans, this is not the case. I've been around for years and this topic was more or less seriously always brought up. It became just a taboo, its the endless fight with purists of realism, people who enjoy graphics andrealism, and preachers who just
jump around in all threads bashing demo racers yelling "BUYS2BUYS2".
Maybe these last few posts could get cropped off this thread and made into a thread named "things we debate in LFS, etc".

Everything i said leans on the graphic appeal, something is easily feasible, something is time consuming or 'beyond reach' for now.
I played most of the NFS series (even back when you had appealing cockpits), i bought prostreet mainly to drift in the iconic cars, s15, etc, you know the drill. I just couldnt believe how arcade they made it, even worse, your car was being driven in a "invisible rail", so even with all helps off, the game itself was controlling the car, not you, so it was physically garbage.

And on the other hand, yes, drifting a car with some more power than
a XRT would definately make my day, moreso with some aggressive
rims and underfitted tires, thats the drifters look and thats the kind
of content I'd like to pay for. Everything is not there in S2. Yet.
Devs have just realeased a F1-like car and soon the scirocco is coming out,
doesnt sound much drift oriented in my books.

Please do understand, I dont really like arcade games, but i have a sweet-tooth when it comes to graphic looks, so a graphic-tooth, and the whole drifting appeal is missing visual wise in LFS :|
And im pretty sure the drifting audience is a very large chunk of LFS; it
really is the most rewarding drifting game out there, afterall.

Thats about it.

someone nearly as annoying as me, your learning... slowly but surely.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Only 2 were made... wonder how much one would sell for..

Definitly a LOT! Only problem is they dont exist anymore.

There are sever speculations what happened to both of them and the most common on is that a few years after being build many parts were used to setup another car. Back then they didn´t know about what a beautiful car they build. If i remember well the original engine of one car was found somewhere and Ferrari is thinking about building up another 125 S with that engine.

So if you see one on the road or someone tries to sell you one, be shure, its a fake!
Quote from cpachmann :Ferrari 125 S - 1947

Was the first car ever build under the name of Ferrari. Only 2 were build and for me its one of the most beautiful cars! :-)

that square grill makes it look a bit like a dictator's supercar showing its bling bling and sayin ... ehhh look at me ! i am goin to eat you with my chrome grill !

on topic:

it is a beautiful car... just because it is a ferrari it is a 2nd to none in my heart.... ( *Tifosi right here* )
I don't know if it would have any competitors in the same class, but the Audi RS2 would be nice. No electronics, just quattro and that wonderful 315hp 5cyl engine. But if it was to be added, I demand proper recordings of the engine and exhaust sound. That engine deserves it.

Oh btw; IMSA 90 GTO as well, thank you very much.
Quote from Byakugan :Nightshift, stop trolling.

Said the new LFSforum moderator and former NFS troll illepall

I'm sure you'd be a perfect one in the breaks between attempts to rice the XRG up into one of the fetish drift cars you cream your pants on. In the meanwhile, you will enjoy the rare privilege of making into my plonk list.

And then some drifters wonder why the category got this bad image, go figure
That grille makes me physically unwell.
Datsun 240z (L24) or a Toyota 2000gt (CP23)

brackets are possible names in game.
Lotus 78, the car that started the ground effects era in Formula 1, which was imo the coolest few years they ever had

Chaparral 2J Fan Car, just because I've always wanted to drive it
Quote from piggy501 :Broken link. But good car, available in GT4 I think. I would check, but I can't remember what I did with the damn disk.

Huh, the link still works for me. Yeah, it was in GT4. I need to drag my ps2 back out so I can play that again. I just wanna know what it would be like, driving with that downforce available all the time. It'd be pretty cool.
It kills pretty much everything (the 2J) but I hat to see it, maybe I'm a ricer who cares for looks, but meh.
Reliant Robin..

LFS - 'one car' thread
(273 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG