The online racing simulator
Best in-game soundtrack songs?
(35 posts, started )
For those who bother listening to in-game soundtracks, what are your favorite? Tbh, most in racing games are pretty forgettable. But here ar ea few I like (not in any order)

Feeder - Miss you (Midnight Club LA)
Kid cudi - Day n nite (Midnight Club LA)
DJ Felli - Get buck in here (mignight club LA... again.)
Feeder - Buck rodgers (GT3: A-spec)
M1 feat. Qba Libre - God Damn (NFS undercover)
Never heard of it - Finger on the trigger (Burnout Paradise)
N.E.R.D - Rockstar (Remix) (Burnout Paradise/Forza 2)
Jimmy eat world - Just tonight (Burnout 3)
Boy kill boy - Back again (Test drive unlimited)
#2 - smove
The entire Wip3out (1995) soundtrack from producer Cold Storage comes to my mind spontaneously, especially the tracks "Cold Comfort" and "Operatique" as well as parts of the God-might-forgive-me-after-a-certain-recent-discussion-you're-all-aware-of NFS 4 - High Stakes soundtrack, especially "Roll the Dice".

Great driving (and floating) songs!
#3 - Bean0
Chemical Bros - Loops of Fury (Wipeout)
Fluke - Atom Bomb (Wipeout)
Rancid - Out Of Control (NFSU)
Everything Must Go (Remix) - Manic Street Preachers (Gran Turismo)

And all the 80s cheese in San Andreas.

Edit: The whole Battlefield Vietnam soundtrack.
#5 - Bean0
Screamer 1 and 2 (PC)
Killer Instinct (arcade).
StreetFighter 2 (arcade).
Unirally/Uniracers (SNES).
Super R-Type (SNES).
Sonic 1 and 2 (Megadrive).
Halo 3 (360).
LittleBigPlanet (PS3).
Does "Guitar Hero: Iron Maiden" count?
rise against - give it all ( one of the need for speeds )

me likes it
Quote from theirishnoob :rise against - give it all ( one of the need for speeds )

Yer I like that.

Halo and WoW soundtracks are good.
I don't usually like Feeder, but 'Just A Day' from Gran Turismo (2 I think?) worked so well.
Not mentioned yet:

Tomb Raider series
Myst Series
GTA SA: 90s station was quite good
Well, what about Road Rash (Sega Genesis) then? It produced some catchy tunes in its time - whereas you could chase kids of today off due to its terrible nought-point-one-Bit sound.

But summarized to my whole videogame history, I honestly prefer the older soundtracks above the newer ones, composition wise.
Most of the Burnout paradise soundtrack.

Guns'n'Roses - paradise city
Depends entirely on your music tastes. If you like electro, rock and hip hop, the NFS/Midnight Club series will probably have some music you like.

If you like alot of rock stuff, then it's probably the GT series. If you like a variety of music on repeat, then the GTA series is probably for you.
SSX3 Soundtrack, I'm normaly not into electro that much, but i love some of its songs (N.E.R.D - Rockstar nevins Club Blaster Remix, The Faint - Glass Danse Oakenfold Remix, the ingame version of Bitter End)

And I quite like the Gran Turismo soundtracks

Well some of the bands i like I only know because of games I played (Ash, Garbage, UNKLE etc)
GT4: Queens of the Stone Age - Go with the Flow
The RTS game of War of the Worlds has a cool soundtrack...its all excerpts from Jeff Waynes rendition of WotW!!!!!
Saints Row 2 has a pretty decent soundtrack - at least, the metal station (106.66 KRUNCH) has a lot of great music. Pretty much all of it I listen to anyways.
Intro to Cannon Fodder 1. I was amazed when I heard it for the first time, "proper" music from my comp instead of beeps. Silly me being oblivious to .mods and Amiga 500 being used to make music you hear on the radio by professional musicians.

Not game music per se, Max Payne 1 (or 2?) ending cre ... f The Fall - Late Goodbye. Hearing the song and its lyrics after completing the game was very moving... :sadbanana

I can't remember the game's name but it was sidescrolling car game for Amiga 500 where you jumped a Willy's Jeep over a obstacles, it had a really nice beep-ty-beep type music in one of its levels you could whistle to it and I did... Later when I got older I saw the movie where the music was from, The Bridge on the River Kwai
Mirrors edge theme song called "Still Alive" by Lisa.

I actually like every song that sounds good to my ears.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Mirrors edge theme song called "Still Alive" by Lisa.

I actually like every song that sounds good to my ears.

That's Lisa Miskovsky, by her proper artist name. I've had her albums for sometime..
Wip3out has easily the best game soundtrack

(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG