The online racing simulator
Quote from DaveWS :I've just uploaded the WR setup here if anyone is interested.

Very nice of you Dave.
I'm signing off this event because of internet issues.
Yeah afraid im going to aswell.
#80 - CSF
Looks like I'm out of the reserve list too after finding out I have to be away from home all day tomorrow.
Quote from Kid222 :I'm signing off this event because of internet issues.

Sorry to hear, hope you will be able to make the future events.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :So what's your excuse, then?

Well its a long and embarassing story i don't want to get into But i have no internet on the LFS computer and it could stop me from doing the MoE 24hr race
Quote from DaveWS :I've just uploaded the WR setup here if anyone is interested.

Tried your setup, but I somehow didn't like it. For me it felt too loose, and it was hard to control...maybe because I don't race with steering wheel.
But anyway, took my old setup again and after a half an hour drive got a PB - 1.09.69 with a split - 30.33, and TPB - 1.09.61

It's sad that I'm in the reserve list, because I really want to compete in the race this time.
Quote from andRo. :Tried your setup, but I somehow didn't like it. For me it felt too loose, and it was hard to control...maybe because I don't race with steering wheel.
But anyway, took my old setup again and got a PB - 1.09.69, and TPB - 1.09.61

It's sad that I'm in the reserve list, because I really want to compete in the race this time.

Just make sure you are in the meeting room at the time specified and you will have a chance. As of now 2 people in the event signed out of this one, and also 1 person above you in the reserves. There are only 24 people allowed in, but even with the first one as popular as it was there were 6 or 7 people from the reserves that were called up into the game server.
Ok, I'll be there for sure. Thx blackbird.
Quote from andRo. :Tried your setup, but I somehow didn't like it. For me it felt too loose, and it was hard to control...maybe because I don't race with steering wheel.
But anyway, took my old setup again and after a half an hour drive got a PB - 1.09.69 with a split - 30.33, and TPB - 1.09.61

Yeah, well I made it with a steering wheel in mind. What controller do you use? Mouse? It's designed to be fast though, so I can imagine it would feel pretty loose to a non-wheel user.
I use keyboard. Yes, you can laugh, and I know it's lame, but I've been using it for 2 years almost already, and never really wanted to spend so much money for the wheel. Even if I should of. And as I started playing LFS with keyboard, I got use to it, and now I just race with it and don't want to change to mouse, cause then it takes a long time till I get use to it again + I don't really like driving with mouse.

And don't be scared that I use keyboard. I can control my car on the road, and I know the rules, so I won't be crashing you guys etc., because sometimes people can't control the car with the keyboard, so they make huge crashes. I'll try my best.
I would be ready to do a 32 racers event, as there are 8 reserves plus the 24 others. I think it would be fun
It takes a bit longer, but so what? It´s saturday night and you´ve got the whole sunday to recover from it
I doubt the rules will be changed 5 hours before an event.
The general concensus was it would take too long for people to race again. Like, the first round alone could be upwards of 45 minutes alone. I don't have an issue with that if people were active, but it takes too long to get to the next race. Next series we will have a solution, but it won't be 32 player events, it will probably be split into divisions.
Reserve if space.

Ant Collett (anttt69)
I failed this one I didn't even get to the races themselves and I wrote something during the race by mistake

But I'm looking forward to the next event, I think it will be very close.
Thank you very much for the race. It was great, it was my first time in this kind of event and the system on server was also cool.

But now:

I'm really sorry for lagging. I really didn't know it could be that bad, because I don't see my own lag. I appologise to Bernhard Bendl. Even though I don't think anyone crashed because of my lag, or I won because of my lag, I'm still sorry.
The reason for the lagging was that, mine and my sisters computer internet connection is connected though the router. And I guess she was downloading something and beeing on MSN and internet. So if she does something it also affects my connection. I asked her to turn it off, but she didn't so yea, that was bit of a fail for me.
In the 2nd round against Niall, I just let him win without fighting, because I didn't want to crash him or so with my lag.

Luckily nobody was damaged and no accident happened because of my lag. I don't usually lag, but there are few times when this happens. And I noticed my internet connection weakend in the evening today.

It would be nice if someone could send me a replay, where I was lagging. Because when everyone was yelling at me, that I'm lagging, I forgot to save both of the races.

If Bernhard Bendl's thinks that he lost because of my lag, then let him have all my points.

Thank you organizers. I know you should of kicked me already after the first of because of lagging, but you still let me race, so thank you.

EDIT: I will fix my lag for the next race, but if I don't then I just wont come to the race.
Too bad you timed out, de Souza. I would have loved to beat you in round 1. I think, I got one of the fastest laps of round 1, though.

I "failed" in round 2, though. If I drove my usual pace I could have beaten Taha easily, tbh.

This was probably the only round where I had a realistic chance for the semifinal but whatever.

Someone from IRC is such a fan of the H2H series that he wanted all the replays so I uploaded them and thought I might as well post them here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bje2b4

I put autosave on, though, so they aren't named properly.
I will be uploading all the Replays in named format sometime soonish, I need to get on renaming them and all but the will be made available.
Quote from andRo. :If Bernhard Bendl's thinks that he lost because of my lag, then let him have all my points.

Nah, my second race was crap, went in too deep at the chicane and consequently spun... Your win was completely valid...

Btw, is there anywhere we can look up the standings?
Quote from zeugnimod :Too bad you timed out, de Souza. I would have loved to beat you in round 1.

After so much anticipation I couldn't believe I was actually racing against you, would have been a good race.

So frustrating... still can't even hop in the server and practice for the next combo.

@bbman: They'll be on our website... sometime.
So, who won etc etc?
Rudy van Buren won (congratulations )

Some races were very close, especially that with Rudy and Niall (?) that was a tie.

And UF1+FE1R FTW

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG