The online racing simulator
Chris Karsten (Chrisuu01)
#27 - AMB
Matthew Beattie (AMB)
RULE CHANGE

Quote from Old Rule :Q.2.1) Each participant has 5 minutes to finish their session, which consists of the following; (P1 Penalty for joining during wrong session).

Quote from New Ruling :Q.2.1) Each participant has 5 minutes to finish their session, which consists of the following; (Press Shift-J to see if you are in the session, system will spectate you if you're not.)

-This rule is changed because the system will not allow participants to join if they are not in the system. Since there has been some confusion in the past, I would rather people be urged to attempt getting into each session, than to not qualify at all.
Martin Kapal (Flame CZE)
Quote from blackbird04217 :RULE CHANGE

-This rule is changed because the system will not allow participants to join if they are not in the system. Since there has been some confusion in the past, I would rather people be urged to attempt getting into each session, than to not qualify at all.

I've always been doing that since the first time I raced in Head-2-Head. So much easier to figure out what session you are in .
Quote from J@tko :In, but God I'm gonna suck

Jack Atkinson (J@tko)

I can 100% say that I will NOT be there for next round, so please take me off the sign-ups list (and don't put me in the reserves - I wont be there :P) Such as shame cos i was so looking forward to this event
Andris Pavars (andRo.)
-
(Kaw) DELETED by Kaw
Shaun Dacosta (shaun463)
[GT]Sannjx(EST)
Sander Kronberg
PROCEDURE CHANGE:

Quote from Old Procedure :Q.2) Two qualification sessions with half the grid. Slower racers in the first session, faster racers in the second.

Quote from New Procedure :Q.2) Two qualification sessions separating the grid. Faster racers in the first session, slower racers in the second.

Reason: The procedure was coded this way in the automated system because in the earlier days we accepted the late joiners and they would qualify in session two with the other racers that didn't make it into the first session. I want to point out there is no specific on this split, because it could be half, it could be a set limit of 10 in the faster session, but whichever it is the faster session will always have the same or LESS racers than the slower session to give them a small advantage for getting a good time in warmup.
wait why am I on reserver list I drive in the last event? and i had the 27th post?

EDIT:

Dam beaten by mackie
Quote from Chrisuu01 :wait why am I on reserver list I drive in the last event? and i had the 27th post?

Quote from blackbird04217 : Only the top 24 will be allowed at the event....the championship points will take priority for the first 48 hours.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :.

Wait why that all of sudden
Not that its a big problem becaus of my 6 points im right on top of the list.

So im just wonedering why could you excplain that to me
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Wait why that all of sudden

That's always been the case - event 1 was special because 30 people were allowed in to give (nearly) everyone a chance of getting points.
Announcment Thread will describe what the reserve list is about, and how it was planned. Event 1 was simply raised to allow 30 players to be included which gave more people *some* points for showing up and attempting to qualify. This gives them a small edge against new comers to the series, but they will still need to wait for some championship contenders to not sign-up or show-up. Your the first reserve that will be called, unless Stein-Andre fixes his post and notifies me within ~16 hours or so. He has been PMed to clear this up, as I will NOT be tolerating people who can't follow simple sign-up directions to save me a lot of time.
Sander Kronberg ([GT]Sannjx(EST) )
Quote from Mp3 Astra :That's always been the case - event 1 was special because 30 people were allowed in to give (nearly) everyone a chance of getting points.

Kay frocive me for never noticing that
We are practicing on the [noobs] meow server. Feel free to join.
here's the new post:
Stein-André Skavdal (stein-andre)
I never thought I'd say that but I just had fun driving the RAC. I'm actually looking forward to Saturday now.

This seems to be a car where practicing really pays off and I urge everyone to get at least 50 laps in before Saturday in order not to cause crashes.
I was there too and that car really is scary for me. A lot mistakes made in that car... Needs lots of practice!
Quote from zeugnimod :I never thought I'd say that but I just had fun driving the RAC. I'm actually looking forward to Saturday now.

This seems to be a car where practicing really pays off and I urge everyone to get at least 50 laps in before Saturday in order not to cause crashes.

You have no idea how happy that makes me hearing others encouraging the participants to actually practice. Most of the combos chosen for Head-to-Head would benefit from some practice, and not practice driving the track, but the first lap practice where tires are still cold... (Do two lap practice to get qualifying practice in as well)
Quote from zeugnimod :I never thought I'd say that but I just had fun driving the RAC. I'm actually looking forward to Saturday now.

just out of curiosity...what lap times were being done. I'm hitting mid to high 1:10's with cold tires, but that was after about 3 hours of practice off-line this afternoon when I was apparently working from home
My PB is 1:10.01 after about an hour of practice. I'm still making a lot of mistakes, though. Only about every 5th lap is under 1:11. With two good splits and more consistency, maybe a 1:09.7x is possible for me.

I'll probably be on the server tomorrow evening again if you want to practice.
1:10s are flying laps or standing start.

Flying laps will be good to judge qualifying times to aim for, but standing starts is obviously the race time to aim for

Head-to-Head: Winter Series '09 - Event 2
(107 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG