The online racing simulator
More Moderators.....
(238 posts, started )
Quote from bunder9999 :apologies. but wouldn't it make more sense to just lock the thread than censoring it? on our forum we don't delete anything... including spam. (which goes in a hidden category)

And so my Bias statement at the top stands

bias mods pandering to their lil buddies

saaaame old shite
Gunn you deleted mine and i didnt flame at anyone or was the irony lost on you?
Quote from patrese :you deleted mine and i didnt flame at anyone or was the irony lost on you?

No, but they also didnt make any sense.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :No, but they also didnt make any sense.

are u in the 25% trolls ..or idiots section ?
Quote from DoC_uk :are u in the 25% trolls ..or idiots section ?

I dont know, Only people from the 5% will know that and not someone from the idiot section.
to subtle for him i guess....
#32 - Gunn
Quote from patrese :Gunn you deleted mine and i didnt flame at anyone or was the irony lost on you?

No the weak irony wasn't lost on me, however:
Quote from patrese :yes there is another thread like that somewhere you idiot, but i cant be arsed to point you in the right direction.

.... even though I know you were joking, you must concede that such posts as this have no substance whatsoever, and you pretty much posted the same thing on your previous post, which I also removed. Don't make a big deal out of nothing.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I dont know, Only people from the 5% will know that and not someone from the idiot section.

Good answer

take it from me m8 , in the 5% u aint
Quote from DoC_uk :Good answer

take it from me m8 , in the 5% u aint

I didnt say I was. You should really continue to defend your team. Because you cant do anything better anyway.
The only reason to have new mods, is if the existing mods are a lot less active nowadays than they used to be, AND that their absence is leading to things getting out of control on the forum.

Mods can hide their online status (probably), so to us normal users we cannot tell how active they are. I'm sure that more would be appointed should they be required.
Substance?
give me a breake!
this is by no means a intellectuals forum, so lets not pretend.
I think the moderation here is always really, really good, even if I get a few too many 'tone it down' messages to keep me in check The only issue is that, as Bean0 said, several aren't very active anymore. Nuse hasn't said a think for yonks that I'm aware of, whilst Franky is nearly as rarely here. Perhaps a couple of new ones to replace them? Hard to know who - I'd have thought Android would make a good mod, but he might not want the responsibility that comes with it.
#38 - Gunn
Quote from patrese :Substance?
give me a breake!
this is by no means a intellectuals forum, so lets not pretend.

Don't be concerned, the intellectuals among us have no need to pretend.
Quote from patrese :this is by no means a intellectuals forum, so lets not pretend.

The OT section probably isn;t, but other areas could certainly be considered to be. There's a lot in the programmers subforum that goes over most peoples heads (mine included).
I would like to see Tristan as a mod.
Quote from tristancliffe :I think the moderation here is always really, really good, even if I get a few too many 'tone it down' messages to keep me in check The only issue is that, as Bean0 said, several aren't very active anymore. Nuse hasn't said a think for yonks that I'm aware of, whilst Franky is nearly as rarely here. Perhaps a couple of new ones to replace them? Hard to know who - I'd have thought Android would make a good mod, but he might not want the responsibility that comes with it.

Moderators don't need to sit on the forum though.

They most likely get an email if posts are reported, with a link that takes them straight to the reported post.

They can look, moderate, and be gone within seconds.
#42 - Gunn
Quote from tristancliffe :The only issue is that, as Bean0 said, several aren't very active anymore. Nuse hasn't said a think for yonks that I'm aware of, whilst Franky is nearly as rarely here.

Mods are here, but I think they are invisible and so their names don't appear in the list. I'm not sure what is acheived by not being seen, maybe there's a point to it, I don't know.
Quote from Gunn :Don't be concerned, the intellectuals among us have no need to pretend.

LOOL

again

LOOOL

thx for that i laughed so hard i coughed
Quote from Gunn :Mods are here, but I think they are invisible and so their names don't appear in the list. I'm not sure what is acheived by not being seen, maybe there's a point to it, I don't know.

If people think you are never online, you don't get a load of PM and emails from frustrated users
#45 - Gunn
Quote from DoC_uk :LOOL

again

LOOOL

thx for that i laughed so hard i coughed

That's great news! It's good for the soul to have a bit of a chuckle once in a while. Glad to help out
I'm not sure Geeks automatically qualify for intellectuals although the proportion among them will probably be higher than here.
I'm no intellectual and i doubt a moderator on a sim racing forum can call himself that either.
Quote from Becky Rose :The only problem with moderation here compared to elsewhere is that the moderators are allowed to post an opinion on a thread and then close it, which if they are involved in the debate can lead to leaving a very bad taste. Most forums I know dont do this, giving moderators this kind of ego boost is bad and some moderators I have seen abuse this - but on the whole I think the moderation here is pretty good and the community itself is very friendly.

I agree. (If your a moderator youshould not be posting in the thread you are moderating.)
As soon as you post in a thread that has anything to do with yourself another moderator should take over your duties. This way it is fair to all parties.
#48 - Gunn
Quote from patrese :
I'm no intellectual .....

I think you've got great intellectual potential and capability. Spread your wings.
Quote from Gunn :I think you've got great intellectual potential and capability. Spread your wings.

uhhhm, no you lost me there.

More Moderators.....
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG