The online racing simulator
More Moderators.....
(238 posts, started )
Well, you ruined this topic, I was actually making pretty good statements for myself now, but you ruined it and made me laugh about your silly signature

Well, but before we say something more, moderators are moderators, they deside, end of story. Tho me and others not allways agree it's for the better of the lost sheeps of this forum, that only needs a little help to find their way back home.
Quote from danthebangerboy :It's just a shame to see, what was, and could have continued to be a good thread

I fail to see how a thread that contains only 2 word replies to form some kind of story can be a "good thread".

Quote from danthebangerboy :Obviously, we all know what spam is, but i don't thing that particular thread contained any actual spam so to speak

The whole thread was spam if you ask me.

It's fine if a thread steers away from his original topic while still being a discussion (I am guilty of doing that on multiple occasions as well :shy but that thread was just nonsense, IMO.
Quote from zeugnimod :
It's fine if a thread steers away from his original topic while still being a discussion.

Hit the nail on the head there, This topic is a preety good example too imo.

@TVE... wanna come round my place
Franky, my price list are good, so get two for the price of one!
1 handjob = 1 day sneak peak into deleted posts/topic folder = success .

On the more serious matter, aye, as 'ye say we basically can discuss anything, as long as it don't pop up some random shit, or stuff that ends up in rude and offending messages. At least this is what it should be, and seems to be. But the worst thing is when this happens, and then 1 user ruins it and topic get's locket No way to actually ban a member from seeing / speak in one specifiq topic?
Quote from The Very End :On the more serious matter, aye, as 'ye say we basically can discuss anything, as long as it don't pop up some random shit, or stuff that ends up in rude and offending messages. At least this is what it should be, and seems to be. But the worst thing is when this happens, and then 1 user ruins it and topic gets locked No way to actually ban a member from seeing / speak in one specific topic?

i think vbulletin can do that... if i remember correctly, one warning bans from the topic, two warnings ban from the category, three warnings ban from the forums, all temporary of course... and i could be wrong.
Well, then it ain't enabled. When I got a infraction I could still enter and write in the topic (yeye flame ON)
dunno, i'm a phpbb guy.

i think it looks better too.
We have three levels of infraction here. The infraction TVE got was just a warning (0 points), so did nothing. 1 point doesn't do anything either, but if you get another 1 point infraction before it expires, you won't be able to make threads. Another point and you can't post, and a fourth point and you can't even read (i.e. temp ban).
Aha! But you can browse threads on here without being logged in.:hide:
Banning a user from the thread in which they received the infraction is bound to be a 3rd party mod. I cannot recall ever seeing an option for it in the vB backend.

The non-reading one is a bit pointless is it not ?
People could just logout and read everything ?

It is more fun making problem users 'Miserable'
Well, you still lose functionality, like sending PMs and the convenience of your thread subscriptions, viewing memeber details, searches, etc.
Damn, my infraction has timed out, I need 4 new ones, quick!
Bob?

But I'll try to keep this on a mature level. Any changes there could be done changes to this? I really think a infraction should result in a perm ban from that specifiq topic. I have not knowlege about forum and such, but if it's possible to change some thing of it (tho it's a standar set-up from what I understand) , this would be a great feature, and probally helping out the moderators aswell. If there are problem people in a topic, just give them a infraction in that topic and they'll be long gone from the topic, and won't cause shit in it.

Just a suggestion of course.

More Moderators.....
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG