The online racing simulator
#1 - Woz
What does your drive to work look like?
Post a photo taken on your drive to work.

Here is mine, taken at about 8.15am on my way to work in Christchurch NZ driving across the Canterbury Plains at this location...

Street View Location
Attached images
07-01-09_0831.jpg

Quote :The King's Highway 401 (also known as the Macdonald-Cartier Freeway) is a highway that extends across Southern Ontario, Canada. It is the longest 400-Series Highway in Ontario, and one of the widest and busiest highways in the world.[4][5] In fact, the highway has the distinction of being North America's busiest freeway.

That's light traffic. During rush hour all 20 lanes of this stretch of the 401 is in complete grid lock. Lots of Ontarians here, you guys know what I'm talking about. Fun stuff.
Looks like this I guess. Actually, I don't work :P
Attached images
névtelen.JPG
Anyone else worried that this thread is going to cause crashes?
Perhaps the thread title should be altered, so that Jakg doesn't get tempted to participate

Kind of my route to work, covering about 6 miles. (these are all from Google Streetview and the like, not my photos).

Ladybarn:

Fallowfield

Wilbraham Road

Trafford Bar, looking over the canal to Exchange Quay (Manchester Utd's ground is pretty much directly behind the cameraman in this pic). I work in the big blue building.
#6 - mr_x
Like this when it snows (only pic I have of my drive to work, although I was on foot that day as the car was stuck about 100m behind me).

First i go in one of these:

it brings me here. Platform 8 when I go to work.

I get out here (On the other side, actually).

Or here, if the weather sucks (so i can take the bus instead of walking)

Yup, i don't go to work by car. It's basically a door-to-door traffic jam.
I don't use the car, either. My way to work is about 20 meters long.
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't use the car, either. My way to work is about 20 meters long.

O RLY? What's your job?
Office clerk or whatever it's called. I just live right next to the building I work in.
Quote from mr_x :Like this when it snows (only pic I have of my drive to work, although I was on foot that day as the car was stuck about 100m behind me).

How on earth could you possibly get stuck in that? I would have ridden the motorcycle in that, it's practically summer like conditions....

Here's my drive to work....

It's 5:30 in the freakin morning. There's nothing to see since my headlights are the crappiest headlights ever put on a car. I can't see 2 feet in front of the bumper.

I don't have any photos coming home when it's light out. It will have to wait until spring time because it's dark when I leave and dark when I come home.
Quote from Woz :Post a photo taken on your drive to work.

Here is mine, taken at about 8.15am on my way to work in Christchurch NZ driving across the Canterbury Plains at this location...

Street View Location

Hey, you're going wrong way!!!

Quote from RevengeR :Looks like this I guess. Actually, I don't work :P

Quote from mrodgers :How on earth could you possibly get stuck in that?

Because we only get snow like that about once every 10 years and the cars (and drivers) just aren't equipped to deal with it.
Um... into town. Pretty boring. One day when I have a camera setup to my bike I'll record it just for you guys.
Quote from zeugnimod :Office clerk or whatever it's called. I just live right next to the building I work in.

thats awesome

from google
Nice idea for a thread! Mine is pretty boring though, I just have to walk through to the front room of where I live as I work from home...
#18 - Woz
Pictures taken during rush hour would be better. Lets everyone see what you have to deal with and how crowded or not your trip is and a google street/map view if possible to put location of the photo into context

Just DONT put yourself at risk to take the photo!!

Quote from Michael Denham :Nice idea for a thread! Mine is pretty boring though, I just have to walk through to the front room of where I live as I work from home...

I did that for about 7 years when I lived in the wilds of Scotland. Nice way to work

Quote from KiRmelius :Hey, you're going wrong way!!!

Are you sure. That road has 2 end points. One is my home village and the other is the Christchurch outer limits. It's very hard to get lost

BTW: we drive on the left in NZ if that is what has thrown you lol
#19 - Jakg
Quote from GFresh :Anyone else worried that this thread is going to cause crashes?
Perhaps the thread title should be altered, so that Jakg doesn't get tempted to participate

LOL.

Will record it tomorrow just for you guys :P
I'm tempted to record it, it's a 5 minute drive back normally. About 15 minutes there if it's busy.
10-15 minute commute regardless of traffic. Gotta love bikes.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :10-15 minute commute regardless of traffic. Gotta love bikes.

Yep

Takes an hour to do 6 miles in the car, an hour and a half on the bus, and takes me 30 minutes on the bike, is free, *and* stops me turning into a fat blob of lard
Quote from Crashgate3 :Because we only get snow like that about once every 10 years and the cars (and drivers) just aren't equipped to deal with it.

I just shoveled about 15 inches of snow completely by hand from my 200 foot driveway including the approximately 30 inches that the snowplow dumped into the end of it. I don't want to hear about your problems with your little dusting of snow, hehe
#24 - Woz
Quote from mrodgers :I just shoveled about 15 inches of snow completely by hand from my 200 foot driveway including the approximately 30 inches that the snowplow dumped into the end of it. I don't want to hear about your problems with your little dusting of snow, hehe

I know that feeling. A couple of years back I dug out my Mini from a 2' dump. Did the drive to work on the single lane the plough had done. When I got back had to dig my way back in as the f*ing snow plough had done the other lane and blocked my drive again

That said, its well known 1mm of snow shuts dow the entire UK
Quote from Woz :That said, its well known 1mm of snow shuts dow the entire UK

Yeah, the bunch of wimps. Whaa whaa, American cars can't handle, blah, blah.... Come on over in your "superior handling" car now and see how mine does compared to yours!
-
(bamabogger) DELETED by bamabogger

What does your drive to work look like?
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG